Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote:Who knows it could be Fissler :censored: though as he uses pretty vague wording using the words Might, May and Could.

In the development squad I could see us releasing a few at least.
Brugnara, Bryant and Owen.
MOC has all the cards over the BoD, unlike a new Head Coach who would be more circumspect. I expected more clearing out than has been indicated, frankly.
I'm about to renew my season ticket, but the thought of Shazam being released would send me on a rethink....very very unlikely though!!!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

kpj tiger wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
RagingBull wrote:According to Fissler in todays Rugby paper MOC is wanting to bring in his own player and to do so he might have to cull some current players.
Smith and Croft most likely targets IMO as well as academy upgrades (famous quote 'I coach the 1st team'). See several releases coming, and I bet at least one will enrage fans.
Guess I wasn't keen on the old issues creeping back clearly at Wuss especially the emergence of the repeated non-threatening circle ball. :smt009
God I hope your not referring to Sam Harrison
Where on earth has that come from?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

jgriffin wrote:
RagingBull wrote:Who knows it could be Fissler :censored: though as he uses pretty vague wording using the words Might, May and Could.

MOC has all the cards over the BoD, unlike a new Head Coach who would be more circumspect. I expected more clearing out than has been indicated, frankly.
I'm about to renew my season ticket, but the thought of Shazam being released would send me on a rethink....very very unlikely though!!!
Harrison would be a very odd player to release. Given his loyalty to the club and well rounded game I can't imagine he'd be one to go.

Eastmond found out the hard way that contracts agreed aren't fully valid until they've begun. Could we see a confirmed re-signing being released?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

It was rumored earlier this year or possibly last that Sam H was possibly going to be released, the only reason I mentioned him
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote:It was rumored earlier this year or possibly last that Sam H was possibly going to be released, the only reason I mentioned him
Be odd given our lack of depth at 10 and a wildly unpopular thing to do. Can't rule it out then...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Believe that Sam Harrison re-signed a new contract during this season.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

kpj tiger wrote:It was rumored earlier this year or possibly last that Sam H was possibly going to be released, the only reason I mentioned him
I can find a single inane reference back in 2014 blaming the club/Cockers for Harrison leaving! Sam will be at Welford Road for a few seasons yet,
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

Tigerbeat wrote:Believe that Sam Harrison re-signed a new contract during this season.
If he has it's not been an official announcement by the club. Unless you mean last season?

Getting rid of Shazam would be absolutely stupid. It'd leave us with only 3 scrum halves in the Senior and development squads. Ben Youngs would be away for 8+ games, Kitto is currently still injured, and Ben White is incredibly inexperienced.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Seal wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:Believe that Sam Harrison re-signed a new contract during this season.
If he has it's not been an official announcement by the club. Unless you mean last season?

Getting rid of Shazam would be absolutely stupid. It'd leave us with only 3 scrum halves in the Senior and development squads. Ben Youngs would be away for 8+ games, Kitto is currently still injured, and Ben White is incredibly inexperienced.
It would also be rather silly because..............he's actually quite good!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

jgriffin wrote:

Aby Head Coach coming in will have all the cards after this season.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

jgriffin wrote:

If he is to be released, has it occurred that Harrison himself may have asked to move on? Maybe he feels he could be a guaranteed starter at many other Premiership clubs and he would be right. He is a good enough Premiership standard starting scrum half. Unfortunately for him, he has Ben Youngs ahead of him.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

I'll apologise for this before I say it as I've had to deal with it with 3 of my staff in the last 5 years.
I'd be hugely surprised if Sam is for the off as none of us know how the Youngs brothers will deal with the awful situation they are now in and thus with the prospect of Ben (neither mind his poor brother) either not being available or firing on all cylinders the idea of letting Sam go would be mad.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The only reason i can see Harrison leaving is because he thinks that with Ben youngs being MOC favourite he might not get a fair chance.

But then again there isn't really any substantial speculation that it is Harrison.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Yes BY is a MOC favourite, but Sam is an AP standard 9. I find myself unhappy at the prospect of some club favourites going, but for years I railed about favouritism, failure to use the bench and various other aspects of the MIC era. I'm worried that there are signs of that happening again, and telling myself it's my prejudice at work. We could find ourselves with a somewhat different set of subs; just glad Boris was big enough to stay especially for Genge's sake.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

jgriffin wrote:Yes BY is a MOC favourite, but Sam is an AP standard 9. I find myself unhappy at the prospect of some club favourites going, but for years I railed about favouritism, failure to use the bench and various other aspects of the MIC era. I'm worried that there are signs of that happening again, and telling myself it's my prejudice at work. We could find ourselves with a somewhat different set of subs; just glad Boris was big enough to stay especially for Genge's sake.
You act as if the previous MOC era was so bad yet we won three premiership titles in 5 years and haven't won it since. Obviously that wasn't just down to him but surely that suggests he did a good job.

As for Sam Harrison this rumour seems to me people just guessing which players are likely to be let go after what was in TRP, so it's still highly unlikely he's going anywhere unless anyone here as some more info on this.