Toby Flood to Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Toby Flood to Falcons

Post by Old Hob »

Toby Flood confirmed as going to Newcastle Falcons.
Reference: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/natio ... Newcastle/
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
GETHIN EXILE

Re: Toby Flood to Falcons

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

I wish we had brought him back instead of signing Joe Ford, would have put real pressure on George Ford to perform as I think Toby is still a better player than Ford
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

GETHIN EXILE wrote:I wish we had brought him back instead of signing Joe Ford, would have put real pressure on George Ford to perform as I think Toby is still a better player than Ford
Please tell me you are not being serious with this statement... Have you seen him play in the Top 14 this year??
Come on you tigers!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

GETHIN EXILE wrote:I wish we had brought him back instead of signing Joe Ford, would have put real pressure on George Ford to perform as I think Toby is still a better player than Ford
Really??????? Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess....

Flood was approached but does not want to play second fiddle to anybody
Less is more....
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

No he isn't. Simple fact.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Roly wrote:
No he isn't. Simple fact.
I really like Toby, and I think he was great for us, but I think he may be past his best. Whilst circumstances may not have been the best, I don't think he has done that well in France, and I think it would be risk to have him back at Tigers. I wish him well though, except when he plays Tigers and then I hope he bombs! :smt039
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Will be very interesting to see how he goes up in Newcastle..glad to have him back in the Prem it seemed he never quite settled into the Toulouse set up..I mean what kind of team would play Jean Marc Doussain ahead of both Flood and McAlister fly half :smt017
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

champanzie wrote:
Please tell me you are not being serious with this statement... Have you seen him play in the Top 14 this year??
I would have liked him to come back to us also. He would make a great back up to Ford.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Flood is going to Falcons on a fair whack of money - far more than we would have been sensible or perhaps even able to pay for a back up 10.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I suspect that we could pay for Joe Ford twice before covering Flood's wages. I also think you are massively underestimating the England first choice flyhalf George Ford.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If Falcons recruit many more ex Tigers will they have to change their name to the Cubs? More like the Geriatrics.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:If Falcons recruit many more ex Tigers will they have to change their name to the Cubs? More like the Geriatrics.
6 ex Tigers in the ranks next season? Toby Flood, Callum Green, Micky Young, Opeti Fonua, Niki Goneva and Maxime Mermoz
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

champanzie wrote:
Yes, I have. Have you?
Semper in excretia
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

kpj tiger wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:If Falcons recruit many more ex Tigers will they have to change their name to the Cubs? More like the Geriatrics.
6 ex Tigers in the ranks next season? Toby Flood, Callum Green, Micky Young, Opeti Fonua, Niki Goneva and Maxime Mermoz
+ management!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JackFlashJonny wrote:.....it seemed he never quite settled into the Toulouse set up..I mean what kind of team would play Jean Marc Doussain ahead of both Flood and McAlister fly half :smt017
J-M Doussain's form this season was poor, although he seemed to have been given more game time than anyone else. McAlister's (who is Toulon bound, to top up his pension) form too has been on the wain and he and Toby often played in the centre. There wasn't a regular goalkicker either, with the above mentioned and Bézy all taking penalties and conversions from time to time, so none of them had the opportunity to gain any confidence. "Jeu de mains - jeu de Toulousains", was the famous club motto for playing open running rugby, but that has disappeared and Jean-Baptiste Elissalde, the backs coach was greatly to blame for this has since left the club.
If Toby gets around to writing his autobiography, there'll be some interesting reading about his views on his time in Toulouse!
Semper in excretia