Freddie Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Freddie Burns

Post by fortysix »

It is very very difficult to believe we are swopping Freddie for anyone.

He has improved beyond belief and proves that with confidence, you get better and better.

His kicking and inventiveness are extremely reliable and whilst GF is the current England No 10, he has a big place to fill and replicate.

As I personally believe in fate, especially sportwise, two more matches and Tigers COULD be Champions

With Freddie as the matchwinner, as usual.

Bath are very lucky.

Off to BET365 tomorrow....
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Freddie Burns

Post by Spicer »

Ford is really going to have to up his game. Freddie has developed into an all round great player, Ford has not so far.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Very sad to see Freddie go. He has developed into a real Tiger and is clearly a top bloke. Bath have done well getting a full time Freddie while we have a part time George with his England commitments.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Spicer wrote:Ford is really going to have to up his game. Freddie has developed into an all round great player, Ford has not so far.
I do think Freddie has been excellent this season...and I am also sorry in many ways to see him leaving. However, that doesn't mean I'm not excited to see George Ford coming...if nothing else, Eddie Jones seems to me to be a pretty shrewd judge, and he clearly has more regard for him than the majority of posters here!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes we shall miss Burnsy his form has improved no end this season and George Ford must know that he has big boots to fill next season.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

chris111 wrote:
Spicer wrote:Ford is really going to have to up his game. Freddie has developed into an all round great player, Ford has not so far.
I do think Freddie has been excellent this season...and I am also sorry in many ways to see him leaving. However, that doesn't mean I'm not excited to see George Ford coming...if nothing else, Eddie Jones seems to me to be a pretty shrewd judge, and he clearly has more regard for him than the majority of posters here!
+1 :smt023.

I don't think Freddie will make the England XV again, which is a shame because he has, as he has said himself, become a much improved player since being with the Tigers. MOC says he is disappointed not being able to work with him next season and based on what we now see week in week out from Freddie, one can only agree.

GF will fill his shoes. His place kicking may be a tad fragile but the rest of his game is top notch IMO. His pass to Banahan yesterday was typical of his game as a 10 and I can see the Tigers backline doing very well out of it. Shame the Tigers could not have had both but that would not be fair on either of them wanting the starting shirt + the dosh side of it.

I do think Freddie has been hard-done-by by the Tigers for whatever reasons behind the Ford move back to WR but that is the business in the game these days? I am sure Freddie will do well at Bath but always have a really poor game when he plays again at WR season. :smt003
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Hopefully England will notice and pick Freddie and we will keep George to play for us all season :)
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

George will be nice and fresh for us, Barf have been benching him, not a very professional approach, seem to remember we played him before he went to play for his dads team.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Fred had another good game yesterday. To be honest it annoys me every time I hear the 'Freddie, Freddie, Freddie' chant - not out of disrespect to our fans but out of a genuine annoyance that we couldn't keep him. Better player than George Ford at the moment in my opinion.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

With the cap raise for next season and given GF is an academy boy, the only reason for trading FB is simply a trade between rich businessmen and their CEO functionaries. Tigers could've refused to trade and offered GF more?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sjm
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by sjm »

lets face it george is only in the England team because manu is not fit and Te'o is not experienced enough,but next season i can see Farrell back at 10 and Te'o at 12 so we can see his 70% goal kicking for ourselves
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sjm wrote:lets face it george is only in the England team because manu is not fit and Te'o is not experienced enough,but next season i can see Farrell back at 10 and Te'o at 12 so we can see his 70% goal kicking for ourselves
Since Te'o was the bloke I was watching yesterday, if he is proper international standard then Elvis really does run a chippy in Walsall.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

jgriffin wrote:
sjm wrote:lets face it george is only in the England team because manu is not fit and Te'o is not experienced enough,but next season i can see Farrell back at 10 and Te'o at 12 so we can see his 70% goal kicking for ourselves
Since Te'o was the bloke I was watching yesterday, if he is proper international standard then Elvis really does run a chippy in Walsall.
I knew he hadn't died - thankyou, thankyou thankyou very much :smt030 :smt030
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

An interesting point of view...although I am not entirely convinced! However, even if this were the case, it wouldn't invalidate my original point, which was that Eddie Jones prefers GF to FB (and my reason for making the point was that I think Jones is a very experienced and shrewd coach).

I'm still a huge fan of Freddie B, but I am now looking forward to a new season with an exciting-looking set of backs. Assuming fitness, of course, who could fail to be excited by a Tigers team with Youngs, Ford, Manu, Toomua, Veainu, JPP and Thompson lining up?!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I'm a big fan of Freddie , but I think that George will do a good job in developing some structure in our back play next Season . There will be a few changes in personnel but the end result will surely be better than that backline display that we saw yesterday .I thought Teo was probably the least threatening of the Worcester backs .