Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Manu to leave

Post by ellis9 »

Nasi Manu to leave Edinburgh!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39575822

Sorry, I couldn't help but post it after I saw the words Manu to leave on the BBC site. Naughty step for me!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to leave

Post by Roly »

ellis9 wrote:Nasi Manu to leave Edinburgh!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39575822

Sorry, I couldn't help but post it after I saw the words Manu to leave on the BBC site. Naughty step for me!
Tuilagi leaving Tigers wouldn't make a scrap of difference, for club or country. But i'll bet there's still a few who'd go into mourning if he did.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

If he gets his fitness and form back, i'd rather have him playing for us than against us.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

ads wrote:If he gets his fitness and form back, i'd rather have him playing for us than against us.
A very big if though
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'm surprised no one has asked if he is joining Tigers as he is a flanker/number 8.

Maybe he is :smt002

Maybe he isn't
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="ellis9"]I'm surprised no one has asked if he is joining Tigers as he is a flanker/number 8.

Maybe he is :smt002

Maybe he isn't[/quote]

I'm not surprised - according to the link you posted, he is joining Treviso.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 oh yes, so it does!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ads wrote:If he gets his fitness and form back, i'd rather have him playing for us than against us.
Be careful what you wish for. The temptation may be to shoe-horn him into a backline for club or country that's done quite nicely without him thank you.

His re-inclusion could only be regressive.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Those of us with a little bit of memory left will remember a similar thread a few years ago about Manu joining another club, quite possibly Edinburgh :smt016
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

GS wrote:Those of us with a little bit of memory left will remember a similar thread a few years ago about Manu joining another club, quite possibly Edinburgh :smt016
Its a pity he didn't go. Just think how much money could have been spent on the catering facilities at Welford Rd instead.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

If he left us prior to paying back by what he owes in terms of performances it would be a disgrace... but nothing would suprise me these days
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Roly wrote:
Be careful what you wish for. The temptation may be to shoe-horn him into a backline for club or country that's done quite nicely without him thank you.

The logic here is astounding.

Regressive in the sense that he's been picked before? In this sense every player who has ever been picked before is a regressive selection. Eddie Jones' first squad was marginally different to that utilised by his predecessor - was it regressive?

As for club - has our backline gone that nicely this season? Or has it greatly missed a physical presence with offloading skills? And even in the event England's backline has gone well - is it perfect?

Some people are quick to forget - because he's direct doesn't mean he's meritless and is, according to everyone who matters (consecutive international and club coaching staffs, for example) a world class player.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

kornboy130 wrote:
Roly wrote:

Its perfectly sound, I wouldn't say it was astounding. But thankyou anyway.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Roly wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:
Its perfectly sound, I wouldn't say it was astounding. But thankyou anyway.
Can't defend your position head on so just be facetious instead - so edgy.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

kornboy130 wrote:

Can't defend your position head on so just be facetious instead - so edgy.
Perfectly capable of doing it, but since you chose to misinterpret what I wrote and then went off on one, I chose to ignore your 'astounding logic'.

It's quite logical - if you think about it logically.