Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Clermont v Toulon

Post by tigercaspian »

What a titanic mash-up!!

As for respect the kicker.......absolute cacophony !!

Loved Waynetta speaking Franglais to a Georgian prop and a South Seas Clermont forward. Still at least he's giving it a go.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Clermont v Toulon

Post by ellis9 »

Clermont fans never stay quiet for kicks. Where we prefer silence for kicks, they are the opposite and clap and cheer during the kick.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

It's the way they do it and it's the same for both sides. It's the sides that want silence for their own kickers and whinge when they don't get it but are happy to barrack the opposition that gets my goat.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

h's dad wrote:It's the sides that want silence for their own kickers and whinge when they don't get it but are happy to barrack the opposition that gets my goat.
I assume you mean the Welsh, Scottish, Aussies and Kiwis.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

tigercaspian wrote:What a titanic mash-up!!

Loved Waynetta speaking Franglais to a Georgian prop and a South Seas Clermont forward. Still at least he's giving it a go.
Every French match is the same, its not at all disrespectful.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Roly wrote:

Exactly!! If the crowd want to shout and play horns and Klaxons while a kick is being taken - no problem, so I don't buy into this sanctimonious "respect", except if I'm at a ground - like Welford Road for example, where I come a couple of times a season, then I remain silent, but when I'm back in Toulouse.........!!!
Semper in excretia
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Robespierre wrote:
Roly wrote:

Exactly!! If the crowd want to shout and play horns and Klaxons while a kick is being taken - no problem, so I don't buy into this sanctimonious "respect", except if I'm at a ground - like Welford Road for example, where I come a couple of times a season, then I remain silent, but when I'm back in Toulouse.........!!!
Jonny Wilkinson used to say it didn't bother him at all when he was at Toulon.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Whenever they've been to Wlford Road the Clermont fans have made noise and cheered during their own kicks as is their tradition and have remained silent for Leicester kicks which is our tradition - can't ask for fairer than that :smt023

A lot of southern hemisphere players have gone on record as saying that they find silence more off-putting than noise - it's all down to what you're used to
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Malheureusement (unfortunately) respecting the kicker is not part of the French game and fans usually cheer,jeer or clap a kicker depending on which side they are supporting. For me though the right team won. Clermont have always been my number 1 French side, They will have a tough job in the semi final though against Ireland's best side Leinster.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Noddy555 wrote:Yes Malheureusement (unfortunately) respecting the kicker is not part of the French game and fans usually cheer,jeer or clap a kicker depending on which side they are supporting. For me though the right team won. Clermont have always been my number 1 French side, They will have a tough job in the semi final though against Ireland's best side Leinster.

I wanted Clermont to win too despite RC's temporary posting to Toulon. I wish them well and think they make it through to play Sarries in the Final.

By the way, I don't object to the noise when kicks are taken - I thought it was a fantastic row !!