Away to Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Away to Saints

Post by Mark62 »

MikeR wrote:Wonderful display - they all played their hearts out for AM . A fitting send off for him - what have our Board done !
I know this is an emotive subject, but they've appointed the bloke they feel best equipped to move the club forward.
I can't really see our current style changing much, hopefully continuing to develop, but give the coach and the board a chance till the end of the season
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Why wasn't Gengey MotM? :smt024
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

RagingBull wrote:
MikeR wrote:Wonderful display - they all played their hearts out for AM . A fitting send off for him - what have our Board done !

It's all well and good doing that now, but where was that 3 weeks ago v Exeter? If they had the coach they all like might still be with us.
It may just be that some of the players were thinking 'we owe this bloke something'. Piddling about on Twitter doesnt matter a fig: it's what they do on the field that counts.
Plus of course it was Saints away, the second most important game of the season!
Last edited by tigercaspian on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Excellent game full of incidents that made really good television viewing and Phew!we got the right result in the end. This now puts us six points clear of the saints and four ahead of the quins. We just have to hope that Bath lose tomorrow and we'll be at least two points ahead of them. The next crucial game is against
Bath at Twickers and I'm looking forward to my day out in London.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

chewbacca wrote:This seems so wrong but... C'mon Sarries
Unless nest week is a draw I don't think the winner will matter. (deleted this bit because of repetitive stupidity)

I hope all of our injuries are ok. Any news on them anyone?
Last edited by h's dad on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Why wasn't Gengey MotM? :smt024
A good question, I think Goodey made the choice which might explain it.

To me the bigger surprise was, with all that attacking rugby, neither team got a TBP.
A citizen of hope and glory
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Don't forget Barf have Sarries tomorrow & the Brive in the Euro Cup next saturday before we play them at Twickers on the 8th April.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

h's dad wrote:
Unless nest week is a draw I don't think the winner will matter. What is more important than the score is that Bath really get it taken out of them and are still knackered after a six day turnaround for a fixture at a neutral ground.

I hope all of our injuries are ok for next week. Any news on them anyone?
I know next Saturday is April fools but I thing you'll find the Bath game is on the 8th
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Mark62 wrote:
h's dad wrote:
Unless nest week is a draw I don't think the winner will matter. What is more important than the score is that Bath really get it taken out of them and are still knackered after a six day turnaround for a fixture at a neutral ground.

I hope all of our injuries are ok for next week. Any news on them anyone?
I know next Saturday is April fools but I thing you'll find the Bath game is on the 8th
Sorry, been told before. Amnesia kicking in :smt017
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Getting rid of the sentimantality of who should have been MoM and CotY that was a proper East Midland derby; really good to see the depressed Saints Man!
I have to admit to be being pussied off with the man in the van talking to the ref on what HE sees! The high tackle is becoming a 50 - 50 laugh.
No holds barred the Saints are licking wounds AGAIN!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Loved it! Brilliant win. Looking at the forwards before the game, who would have thought that we would dominate the scrums? Cole and Genge are becoming a real force now. :smt023
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

First and foremost a cracking game of rugby from two teams both willing to play in the good conditions...

Secondly what a win!! Can't wait to go to work in Northampton on Monday :smt003

When Williams was yellowed, I thought that was it, real character saw us through.

Well played lads and thank you Mauge, I for one am very sorry to see you go.
Soggypitch
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

tigercaspian wrote:
RagingBull wrote:

It's all well and good doing that now, but where was that 3 weeks ago v Exeter? If they had the coach they all like might still be with us.
It may just be that some of the players were thinking 'we owe this bloke something'. Piddling about on :censored: doesnt matter a fig: it's what they do on the field that counts.
Plus of course it was Saints away, the second most important game of the season!
The point is that the players owe the supporters something every game; that it why they wear the shirt. They also wear the shirt for themselves as last weekend shows. MoC has IMO big boots to fill in the space that AM has now left given the performance today while not perfect shows the grit and determination that the Tigers can deliver. AM has set the mantel and the Tigers must now pick it up and run;drive it through until the end of may.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Snorbins wrote:Getting rid of the sentimantality of who should have been MoM and CotY that was a proper East Midland derby; really good to see the depressed Saints Man!
I have to admit to be being pussied off with the man in the van talking to the ref on what HE sees! The high tackle is becoming a 50 - 50 laugh.
No holds barred the Saints are licking wounds AGAIN!
On the TV commentary, there was a comment at one point(Goodey I think) that Williams' lunge for his yellow wasn't much for an East Midlands derby.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Hinckley Bob wrote:Loved it! Brilliant win. Looking at the forwards before the game, who would have thought that we would dominate the scrums? Cole and Genge are becoming a real force now. :smt023
Excellent point. The work that Coley and oty, replaced by Mcguigan, did allowed Genge to attack both their tight heads with the resulting penalties.