Time to be positive !!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Time to be positive !!!!!

Post by fortysix »

City have improved 50% in the last 3 weeks, and are still capable of causing the biggest upset in soccer history, winning the European Cup and staying up..

Lets not forget, if our squad does the same we could win the Premiership...

The players are there as long as not injured, and if the attitude is like Citys is at present, who knows ???!!!

Always believe in coincidences !!!!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Time to be positive !!!!!

Post by Noddy555 »

Wrong Website you seemed to have confused the Tigers with the foxes. I'll say it once again Soccer is played by Wimps and watched by Morons whereas Rugby is played by Professional Athletes and watched by Ladies and Gentlemen.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Noddy555 wrote:Wrong Website you seemed to have confused the Tigers with the foxes.
There is clearly no 'confusion' but a valid comparison by fortysix, IMO, with how LCFC have improved, or changed their season's fortunes around, so far, (by hook or by crook) following a change in the managerial set-up.

Something that Tigers could do with emulating.
Noddy555 wrote: watched by Morons
They speak highly of you too.

Nothing like a sweeping statement eh? :smt009
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Noddy555 wrote:Wrong Website you seemed to have confused the Tigers with the foxes. I'll say it once again Soccer is played by Wimps and watched by Morons whereas Rugby is played by Professional Athletes and watched by Ladies and Gentlemen.
This from the poster who writes 'MOC' but means 'Jake White'.

:smt009 :smt011 :smt009
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

fortysix wrote:City have improved 50% in the last 3 weeks, and are still capable of causing the biggest upset in soccer history, winning the European Cup and staying up..

The players are there as long as not injured, and if the attitude is like Citys is at present, who knows ???!!!

Quite right. Whilst I am not enthusiastic about MOC's appointment, I will be quickly won over if we can make the play offs and do well in them. We have the squad. We just need them pulling together and working to a sound gameplan.

I have my fingers crossed. (which gets uncomfortable after a bit!)
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Noddy555 wrote:Wrong Website you seemed to have confused the Tigers with the foxes. I'll say it once again Soccer is played by Wimps and watched by Morons whereas Rugby is played by Professional Athletes and watched by Ladies and Gentlemen.
What planet are you on ?

Calling Football fans Morons !! Many Tigers fans are also City Fans ?
You say rugby players are professional athletes.. Does punching another player , gauging another player make you professional ?
Watched by ladies and gentleman ? Yes some are, but how come many complaints on here about fans behaviour at games.

A pub we drink in before games,both football and rugby.. absolutely hate tigers fans , because they believe they are up them selves and do not say please and do not say thank-you when being served..Your attitude proves them right

Think there is only one moron around here
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I agree with the OP.

Noddy usually I just don't read your posts or occasionally if they are short I do and they often make me smile (because they are so "off the wall"), but this time you have gone way too far.

Please rescind such a ludicrous statement!
Soggypitch
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

dunks43 wrote: A pub we drink in before games,both football and rugby.. absolutely hate tigers fans , because they believe they are up them selves and do not say please and do not say thank-you when being served..Your attitude proves them right
No, you've fallen into the same trap. It proves them right about Noddy. Prejudice cuts in all directions you know. However you do it, tarring people with same brush never works.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
kelmat

Post by kelmat »

I do hope your comment was a bit tongue in cheek as I played FOOTBALL professionally in my younger days before spending 6 years in 2 Para, I think i can say some of the things we were asked to do were not for wimps.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fortysix wrote:City have improved 50% in the last 3 weeks, and are still capable of causing the biggest upset in soccer history, winning the European Cup and staying up..

Stating the obvious, it does depend on the players. Shakey was and is very popular with the LCFC players. If MO'C is as popular with the Tigers players then who knows. One slightly irrelevant difference however, the Mercury conducted a poll of who the readers wanted as manager. Shakey got 98% in favour. I don't recall a similar poll be taken for the successor to RC. Based on views expressed here, MO'C might get 98%. Against.

In response to the thread title, to paraphrase Private Fraser, "we're doomed, doomed I say" :smt002