Dam Drums during play!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Dam Drums during play!!

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Iain wrote:Before the game and half time... why not? Not my cup of tea but I get the appeal.

But for the love of God, not during the game. No thank you.

Also, can the person who was in charge of the big screen be fired into the sun please? Why tries from different games during this one when replays would have been much better? And what on Earth was that massive yell over the tannoy from a bunch of children on about 12 minutes that made everyone jump? Stop trying to be clever during the game - the rugby should be entertainment enough.
:smt023

We are not Wasps, Sarries or any of the other teams that try to "generate an atmosphere" we are Leicester Tigers please, please can we stick to the Rugby. Entertainment pre and post match and during half time no problem, but if I want to listen to continual drumming etc I'll go support Exeter Chiefs or a French team. That's not to say that I mind it when Exeter and other teams' fans drum etc when they come to Welford Rd. I accept and welcome it as part of the rich tapestry of Rugby and the variety of fans and the way they express support for their teams - long may it and the interaction we have with opposition fans continue. However it's not the Tigers way and I for one don't want it to become so.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

All I can say is what a load of miserable so and so's. In the Glasgow game the 'big' crowd sat there miserable and moaning instead of trying to lift the team. If its not a defeat to moan about, then it was Cockers or whoever is the pet hate of the moment player (Tait) or the catering or the shirts or the board. Let's celebrate the win against Saints and give the moaning a rest.

I suppose the only reason for banning the drums is that it tends to wake up the tartan rug brigade and that just results in moaning and grumbling. :smt003
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

If you were next to the drummers during the game - it did more than wake you up!
The Tigers beat isn't complicated but it appeared they couldn't manage it. Difficult to cheer on the team when you have drummers playing a different beat!

Perhaps if they hadn't been near us, they wouldn't have been as annoying.

.......and not a tartan rug in sight!
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

I look forward to the day when all those who keep referring to the 'tartan rug brigade' reach a certain age and start to feel the cold.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

I was sat nearby and I loved it, so do my family and in fact I didn't hear a bad word against them in my vicinity. It's not every game is it so live and let live, I'm not demanded they come I every game even though I would love it.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Whether this is the right way or not, I don't understand the logic that the club should not "try to generate a good atmosphere". I think everybody agrees they enjoy the game more if there is "a good atmosphere". So why shouldn't the club try ways to encourage that. If I invited you to a party and everyone just sat their quietly supping a cup of coffee, you would wonder why I didn't do more to create a party atmosphere. You'd expect snacks, some drinks to be served, some games to be arranged, some music to be played. I know a rugby match isn't a party but it's shares the principle that it's more fun with an atmosphere.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Interestingly I got an email in work from the tigers yesterday entitled 'Changing Perceptions' - the first couple of paragraphs are below. Which explains the way the club are looking at the 'gameday experience' - I'm guessing that explains the guys running with the flags each time we scored a try. Not sure if this was introduced for the first time on Saturday or they'd just been patiently waiting since New Years Day.

Changing Perceptions- Brieneke Matthes
At Tigers we're always trying to change what we do to appeal to all audiences, and this weekend we welcomed over 5,000 school kids to Welford Road as part of a sell-out crowd in our 27-20 win against neighbours Northampton Saints in the Anglo-Welsh Cup.

Tigers have taken on an American perspective to look at "GAMEDAY”, and we're sure some things will work and some won't, but we have to make sure we can keep supporters coming back whether 20 year veterans or fist timers. Meet Brie – our Marketing & Fan Engagement Executive
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Tigers have taken on an American perspective to look at "GAMEDAY”
That one sentence fills me with terror. I'm bracing myself for the worst - anything less will be good news.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Bee J I hope I'm still around when some of these younger posters reach my age of 70. Despite the Diabetes I bet I'm a lot fitter than most of them.