Dam Drums during play!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

terracetiger
Tiger Cub

Dam Drums during play!!

Post by terracetiger »

Does anyone else find the drumming during the match yesterday very annoying?? If they want to bang away before at after the match fine but not during play please. My father who has been a season ticket holder for 50 years is at his wits end with it. Thoughts appreciated before I contact Tigers
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dam Drums during play!!

Post by Spicer »

I wasn't there yesterday or recently so don't know how it's been. However drums can be great, one of my best experiences at a rugby match was at the Millennium stadium when i was a kid for Tigers vs Munster in the final of the European cup, the Munster fans all brought drum and made an atmosphere we could only dream of at Welford road. Also at city there is a drum which can help the chanting and stuff. If done well drums could drastically improve the atmosphere at Welford road.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I thought they added tremendously to the atmosphere but they were a long way from where I was sitting so my sympathies go to those within earshot, all I can say is don't forget the cotton wool next time.
spongebillybob1
Tiger Cub

Post by spongebillybob1 »

I wasn't there yesterday but was at games last season when they were there and found them extremely annoying. They always do it during parts of game when you don't want that going on. Its very annoying they don't do the right sort of drumming to create the atmosphere, its just annoying.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Did nothing for me stood on the crumbie, providing neither inspiration nor annoyance.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by ElvastonTiger »

I think that, in the right circumstances, they could actually add a great deal to the in play match day experience. Unfortunately, the only right circumstance I can imagine is if Keith Vaz was actually sealed in one of the drums.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ElvastonTiger wrote:Keith Vaz
I thought there was a rule against using offensive language on the forum :smt002 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

They were close enough to us to be damned annoying. Really hope they are not asked back.

Pre match OK but during the gane they were a pain, playing to their own beat so if the aim was to get people clapping they couldn't even do that!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

I love 'em
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noddy555 wrote:I thought they added tremendously to the atmosphere but they were a long way from where I was sitting so my sympathies go to those within earshot, all I can say is don't forget the cotton wool next time.
Certainly adds to the atmosphere if in moderation and under Tigers control, I hate those teams that bring their Drum Major and we have no control over them - Saracens, Exeter, Irish etc.
However Tigers should support our local industry Premier the world "Beating!" drums are made in Kibworth :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_Percussion :smt035
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Before the game and half time... why not? Not my cup of tea but I get the appeal.

But for the love of God, not during the game. No thank you.

Also, can the person who was in charge of the big screen be fired into the sun please? Why tries from different games during this one when replays would have been much better? And what on Earth was that massive yell over the tannoy from a bunch of children on about 12 minutes that made everyone jump? Stop trying to be clever during the game - the rugby should be entertainment enough.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
ElvastonTiger wrote:Keith Vaz
I thought there was a rule against using offensive language on the forum :smt002 :smt005
Yes, but he makes a great euphemism. I.E "I'm desperate for a Keith Vaz".
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Those tiger roars on the big screen are NOT a good idea.

I don't want to end up with this sort of rubbish on the screen. It adds zero value to the game - worsened the experience.
fogba
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fogba »

Totally agree, no place for drums during the match.
Also, when the drums are playing, the PA system needs to cut off its too loud attempt at a disco.
This just led to an unholy noise which was nowhere near 'entertainment'.
Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God, now living in Leicester for my sins.
Red Boots

Post by Red Boots »

Mrs Red Boots says that she liked the drums, but perhaps restricted to before the game, half-time and after Tigers have scored (and don't forget to thank them over the PA system at the end of the match!).
I liked the way they modelled Tigers away kit for next season.