Hostile "Tigers Fan" in the Holland & Barratt stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Hostile "Tigers Fan" in the Holland & Barratt stand

Post by strawclearer »

JackFlashJonny wrote:This is so sad that we live in a world where idiots like this feel they have a right to do things like this..

Could you please clarify where you were sitting so I can sit behind said person, spill a drink on him and then call him a pleb (nothing riles a person that thinks they are posh more than this) then I will tell him what school I went to and rile him up so much he hits me and then we can kick him out for good :smt003 :smt023
I can't tell you where he sits and WE may choose not to, but - he lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, D.C.. Go get him, Tiger!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

This is indeed a sad case and if you remember a short while ago I was talking about players and their pride in the shirt. Similarly fans should have pride too
and follow the Tigers behaviour code.

1, Use of Foul and abhorrent language should be an ejectable offence and the cancellation of a season ticket if the case can be proved.

2, Absolute respect for goal kickers by remaining quiet.

3, Respect for officials the majority of whom carry out their duties brilliantly.

4, Respect for the opposition even if it's our friends and neighbours from Franklyn Gardens.

5. To be mindful at all times that this is a family club with ladies and children in the crowd so watch your language.

6, To applaud good rugby from any quarter and be mindful that you would want to be treated in a similar manner when on away trips.

In 2000 I attended the final against Stadt Francais in Paris and marvelled at the intermingling of the fans. Two months later I was at The Football Euro Championships held in Belgium and Holland, well every body knows what happened there.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noddy555 wrote:This is indeed a sad case and if you remember a short while ago I was talking about players and their pride in the shirt. Similarly fans should have pride too
and follow the Tigers behaviour code.....
:smt023 +1
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I would agree to all those rules ... apart from the one about the referee .. whilst I do try to give them a degree of respect I find it very difficult not to inform him of my interpretation of the laws and his failure to apply them correctly!

I have to make one notable exception ... whoever the fella was on Saturday night was totally blameless. I did not disagree with a single decision he made, which is unheard of from me. Top bloke... he can come again.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Iain wrote:
WirralExile wrote: He went to suggest that my son clearly didn't go to private school as he had not respect for his elders
And he clearly did, since he's got the kind of in-built arrogance and sneery outlook at anyone else below him that is far too prevalent in private schools.

What a prat.

And you could just as easily say you've got a chip on your shoulder from that line - think it's best we be careful painting people with a broad brush stroke regardless what side we're on?

Agreed this bloke is a prat though.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

mightymouse wrote:I would agree to all those rules ... apart from the one about the referee .. whilst I do try to give them a degree of respect I find it very difficult not to inform him of my interpretation of the laws and his failure to apply them correctly!
That's the trouble with you old props!

I bet you've been coaching Marcos in schooling referees as well!! :smt003
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Kornboy - if you read my original post, it wasn't just the fact that he assumed my son didn't go to private school because he had actually corrected him on something he'd said and therefore didn't show him respect (!) but what really made my blood boil was the continued rant at my 14 year old and telling him he would fail his GCSEs etc. How dare anyone speak to a child in such a way, in front of his own sons, and think it's acceptable. We ignored him and tried to watch the game. I'm sure others may have responded differently.

This person sat behind me has always had negative commentary, whether Tigers win lose or draw. Someone else can listen to him now. The club have moved our season tickets to another block in the H&B, from EL to CL to avoid being near him.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Have we come to the pass when we must place club officials in all areas of the stadium to report back on crowd behaviour? Perhaps it needs extreme punishment like a life time ban to display that the club will not tolerate this kind of behaviour at a family club.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

WirralExile wrote:Kornboy - if you read my original post, it wasn't just the fact that he assumed my son didn't go to private school because he had actually corrected him on something he'd said and therefore didn't show him respect (!) but what really made my blood boil was the continued rant at my 14 year old and telling him he would fail his GCSEs etc. How dare anyone speak to a child in such a way, in front of his own sons, and think it's acceptable. We ignored him and tried to watch the game. I'm sure others may have responded differently.

This person sat behind me has always had negative commentary, whether Tigers win lose or draw. Someone else can listen to him now. The club have moved our season tickets to another block in the H&B, from EL to CL to avoid being near him.
WE - my post wasn't aimed at you in any way or intended to excuse this individual's behaviour. I was more commenting on Iain's jibe at those who are privately educated - no point in using broad brush strokes one way or another as you'll only offend and lower yourself to the lowest common denominator.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

An ex acquaintance was continuing to make a prat of himself in the Crumbie stand and eventually, people around him complained to the steward who told him in no uncertain terms to shut up. Of course, he paid no attention and after several warnings was eventually warned that he would be ejected if he continued. That had the effect of calming him down but only for that game. I haven't spoken to him for over 3 years because of his behaviour and will continue to ignore him but I am lucky as I don't sit anywhere near him.

My point is that the next home game he started again. I would hope that at the stewards briefing before each game they would be told of the seat number of prats in attendance in their section and keep their eye on that seat so that if the occupier starts again action can be taken early rather than having to wait for a complaint.
Hehehehehehehehe