Booing at half time

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Booing at half time

Post by WiggoTiger »

This is the first time in my 40 years of supporting Tigers I have heard discontent aimed at the players. Are the natives becoming even more restless??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Simon239

Re: Booing at half time

Post by Simon239 »

I'd say that was tame compared to what the reaction could have been. Abject display, and me like many others do not pay money to go and sit in the freezing cold to watch a gutless display
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

The only thing that the board and their precious sponsors will understand, is if people vote with their voices and feet.
The boos were justified and to see the big stand almost empty well before the end of the game must have sent a worrying message
clash33

Post by clash33 »

The new Tigers roar. Don't know if they were booed at the end as left early with many others.
spongebillybob1
Tiger Cub

Post by spongebillybob1 »

Quite frankly I'm surprised it took that long for booing to start!
The team need to perform better these are pro players who look like they couldn't care less. Their is no pride in wearing the shirt like there use to be!
I think it should be sorted out or cleaned out!
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

It's easy to understand the reaction and it's time the players stood up and took some responsibility for their actions. Trouble is the hardest are affected by the boo's start becoming scraped of making mistakes and hiding etc - it becomes a downward spiral.
I would much rather we started to support, a bit likes cricket barmy army did when England were totally useless. In reality it's not gonna happen as everyone wants an immediate fix these days and maybe we have become to expecting of a right to success.

Cmon tigers fans let's do our bit.....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I didn't boo. But I begrudge nobody who did.

I know it's something that we don't do. But so is losing 43-0 at home.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Didn't boo just left the terrace at halftime and never got out of the ABC bar! First time I have never completed watching a game in all my years as a season ticket holder!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Simon239 wrote:I'd say that was tame compared to what the reaction could have been. Abject display, and me like many others do not pay money to go and sit in the freezing cold to watch a gutless display

Is this Simon Cohen?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote:
Simon239 wrote:I'd say that was tame compared to what the reaction could have been. Abject display, and me like many others do not pay money to go and sit in the freezing cold to watch a gutless display

Is this Simon Cohen?
What? Sitting in the freezing cold??
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It isn't the first time there has been booing, although I'm pushed to remember it at half time. Do you remember a few seasons ago when we had Gloucester on toast at half time and ended up 43 - 43?(ish) There was booing then and Cockers kept them on the pitch for a public dressing down.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

WiggoTiger wrote:This is the first time in my 40 years of supporting Tigers I have heard discontent aimed at the players. Are the natives becoming even more restless??
I take it the Foxes were not playing at the same time then? No place at the odd-ball game for that kind of mindless discontent. Trouble is as it is now a professional game the demands for success will be foremost and as such attracts such outbursts. We as Tiger supporters are hurting but to boo your own players is doing them a dis-service. Remember the players are hurting too, so they need all the support we can give.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerCam, I basically agree with your comment but, and its a BIG BUT, how do fans show their feelings at such an atrocious performance, just doing nothing conveys nothing, how do we let them and the club know, emptying the stadium and cancelling season tickets will only send the club bust, then what do you do?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote:TigerCam, I basically agree with your comment but, and its a BIG BUT, how do fans show their feelings at such an atrocious performance, just doing nothing conveys nothing, how do we let them and the club know, emptying the stadium and cancelling season tickets will only send the club bust, then what do you do?
Silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TigerCam wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:This is the first time in my 40 years of supporting Tigers I have heard discontent aimed at the players. Are the natives becoming even more restless??
I take it the Foxes were not playing at the same time then? No place at the odd-ball game for that kind of mindless discontent. Trouble is as it is now a professional game the demands for success will be foremost and as such attracts such outbursts. We as Tiger supporters are hurting but to boo your own players is doing them a dis-service. Remember the players are hurting too, so they need all the support we can give.
Or not: according to this thread:"Post Re: Words to describe tonight's performance
I have read comments about players that should have been hanging their heads in shame after last night and read somewhere that Mauger thought the players would not be able to sleep well.
Maybe it does not hurt them as much as we think ,by 9pm last night one of the players was already at the bar in my local, he nearly beat some of the fans back,by 10pm I am sure the performance was a distant memory as the group he was in we're having a whale of a time.
You may say that is some players way of dealing with things but just maybe a low profile was called for.
Another Tigers fan commented to me how :censored: off he was to see that on the face of it the player did not seem as gutted as the local fans.
Our malaise may be due to a bit more than just bad coaching,
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina