Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Tigers DOR rumours.

Post by RagingBull »

So Fissler is saying that
Jake White is the front runner for the Tigers job and he wants to make the move to Tigers.
Johan Van Graan - SA are now likely to release him from his contract and is another option.

Gillingham has tweeted that well connected SA sport writer Mark Keohane is also saying that White is being considered by Tigers.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers DOR rumours.

Post by Hull Fan »

RagingBull wrote:So Fissler is saying that
Jake White is the front runner for the Tigers job and he wants to make the move to Tigers.
Johan Van Graan - SA are now likely to release him from his contract and is another option.

Gillingham has tweeted that well connected SA sport writer Mark Keohane is also saying that White is being considered by Tigers.
Jake White isn't the most forward thinking of rugby men, steady and experienced. Want to see us really move forward rather than stagnate with a forward orientated game plan. More same as before IMO.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don't know the Brumbies 2013 season saw a great mix of rugby, the game v Saints was also very entertaining.

https://youtu.be/xL248rn5PPw

Beat the lions also.

Interesting that Toomua played @ 10 for White could maybe see him bringing in a kicking 12 if he comes?

(Also since he likes bringing former players with him he could bring Speight over ;) ).
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

He is the sort of no nonsense, it's my way type of bloke that is needed. He won't take any of this The Tigers Way rubbish
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Mark62 wrote:He is the sort of no nonsense, it's my way type of bloke that is needed. He won't take any of this The Tigers Way rubbish
This Tigers Way / DNA is what has got us in this mess, the DNA went when the likes of Johnson, Moody, Corry et al left. Appointing from within hasn't moved us forward, other clubs have taken huge strides in improvements by not us.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Agreed Mark62 Jake White is just the kind of person we need to shake up the club and it's coaching system he is a no nonsense bloke who won't stand for the :censored: put about by senior players or members of the board.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Coops wrote: This Tigers Way / DNA is what has got us in this mess, the DNA went when the likes of Johnson, Moody, Corry et al left. Appointing from within hasn't moved us forward, other clubs have taken huge strides in improvements by not us.
Could you name a club that has taken huge strides, without destroying the wage cap on the way(allegedly).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Noddy555 wrote:Agreed Mark62 Jake White is just the kind of person we need to shake up the club and it's coaching system he is a no nonsense bloke who won't stand for the :censored: put about by senior players or members of the board.
Certainly looks like he has the capacity to shake us Up:-

http://www.rugbyworld.com/tournaments/t ... 0450-70450
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigerburnie wrote:
Coops wrote: This Tigers Way / DNA is what has got us in this mess, the DNA went when the likes of Johnson, Moody, Corry et al left. Appointing from within hasn't moved us forward, other clubs have taken huge strides in improvements by not us.
Could you name a club that has taken huge strides, without destroying the wage cap on the way(allegedly).
I can name a club that has allegedly been the subject of investigation and not really done much...Bath. I can name one that has racked up staggering debt and hasn't won anything.....Wasps. Sarries got out of jail free when they were allegedly at it and have built a good playing side with quite a few highly paid superstars. Anybody else? Exe are not rolling in it as they haven't got a sugar daddy (Rowe is a poseur)but their two dimensional game has served them well except when they come up against a side that can nullify it. Sale are in the doldrums, as are wuss and Glaws. Falcons are on the up but limited currently by their £££. Brizzle are full of £££ but maybe going down. Stains are going through it just like us, being one of the four or so near solvent clubs. So really, the 'other clubs' boils down to Sarries. That's one other.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

The last Prem side that I know of that had an SA coach and a squad full of boks ended up in the Championship for a season - be careful what you wish for?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Jake White? No thanks!

I am still waiting for an exciting name to be mentioned in the media. There hasn't been one yet!

Mark62, why do you want Tigers to lose their DNA? Every club needs that and most clubs would love one like ours. I don't want someone coming in and destroying that!

The club and us fans will last longer than any coach (unless some "fans" change allegiance to Wasps for some peculiar reason) so I don't want them coming in, destroying out ethos and values and then move on. No way!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ellis9 wrote:Jake White? No thanks!

I am still waiting for an exciting name to be mentioned in the media. There hasn't been one yet!

Mark62, why do you want Tigers to lose their DNA? Every club needs that and most clubs would love one like ours. I don't want someone coming in and destroying that!

The club and us fans will last longer than any coach (unless some "fans" change allegiance to Wasps for some peculiar reason) so I don't want them coming in, destroying out ethos and values and then move on. No way!
If you're not prepared to move on and change things, then enjoy life in the Championship, I'm afraid it's time to step up or move down, the old ways need to be modernised
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

You can adapt, modernise and change without destroying the DNA and ethos of the club.

You are making an absolutely gigantic error if you take that away.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ellis9 wrote:You can adapt, modernise and change without destroying the DNA and ethos of the club.

You are making an absolutely gigantic error if you take that away.
I think DNA and ethos are different. I hate what Wasps have done we are Leicester Tigers that is our DNA and that and the badge shouldn't change. The ethos however needs to adjust and modernise, we need to move with the times or be left behind.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

What do you think we should change it to?