Youngs brothers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Youngs brothers

Post by WiggoTiger »

Is it me or are they are problems on the pitch??

Tom no leadership skills and poor throwing in, Ben slow at breakdown getting ball out and poor decision making.
Last edited by WiggoTiger on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Youngs brothers

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tom did at least look like he wanted to influence the game.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

WiggoTiger wrote:Is it me or are they are problems on the pitch??

Tom no leadership skills and poor throwing in, Tom slow at breakdown getting ball out and poor decision making.

I'd say OTY hasn't actually been a front row player for that long when you think about it and he is under pressure, he is captain material but already has enough to think about with hooking duties.
Also Thacker would've been minced by that starting Glasgow front row and McGuigan doesn't get a look in.
There is no let up for OTY.
We need a new hooker IMO, a very strong experienced hooker with McGuigan also here to develop.
Leicester made an error last season IMO, should've kept Pasquali at tight head and kept Bateman at hooker, trying to fit Thacker in has proved a massive headache IMO and leaves Leicester light and uncompetitive.
BY is good when it's an armchair ride, when it's tough going he is tactically and technically inept, but they are not alone.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TY captain material? Hahaha he's as bad as Stephen Moore,terrible with refs and continuously gets on the wrong side of them,Slater should be captain and I agree with header,both brothers need to go now.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

OTY just needs to have some of the world lifted off his shoulders. YBY however doesn't deserve the starting 9 shirt IMO.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
leic

Post by leic »

As I have said before Tom Youngs is Tigers through and through and his heart will always be tigers. It's not his fault and especially what's going on in his personal life which he has never used as an excuse. We all have to accept our club is in a massive pickle and the board needs to start rebuilding our club. Ben isn't playing well but how would he be playing if we had our full back line fit and a Vunipola as a 8???
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

You only need to look at Ben's performances in the Autumn, surrounded by a strong and confident team, to see that he is still a great player. As it stands, this Tigers team do not compliment him.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Fundemental problem for a scrum half if you have a poor pass and are slow to get ball away from contact

Fundemenal problem for a hooker that cannot hook or throw in

Fundemental problem for a captain that cannot raise his team when all else looks bleak.

Solution. Relieve TY of captaincy immediately. Replace with Slater for now at least. 2 shirt give to Bateman

Relieve BY of 9 shirt. replace immediately with Harrison who can a. Pass b. Move ball quickly and c. Looks likes he gives a Damn.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Our solution is to drop the best player in the AI's? :smt017

No 9 would have looked good at the back of Tigers today.
leic

Post by leic »

Might mouse obviously not a fan of the Youngs brothers then! You know what sell them both.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I do like tom but I think he is struggling

Ben I agree plays well for England but he like others I have seeN are not keen on giving their best for their club. This is very unlike Tigers players of the past who came back from England duty and performed better for Tigers.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Ben is not a great scrum half when on the back foot. Many players aren't. I can't remember a time this season that we have given him a consistent, solid platform to work off. England does.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Why would anyone kick the ball into touch when you have a knock on advantage? :smt017
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Darc Tiger wrote:You only need to look at Ben's performances in the Autumn, surrounded by a strong and confident team, to see that he is still a great player. As it stands, this Tigers team do not compliment him.
Surely an international quality player should be able to address that and provide his own spark of genius? Which may, in turn, improve the mindset of those around him - it's a two-way street.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Darc Tiger wrote:You only need to look at Ben's performances in the Autumn, surrounded by a strong and confident team, to see that he is still a great player. As it stands, this Tigers team do not compliment him.
Surely an international quality player should be able to address that and provide his own spark of genius? Which may, in turn, improve the mindset of those around him - it's a two-way street.
That sort of talent is very rare, or the spark happens largely on happenstance.

Ben is a not comfortable player on the back foot. Never has been. Hasn't stopped him getting 50+ caps. Barring a bit of luck, his best moments come when Tigers/England have a good hold on a game.

Its not for lack of trying, but the moments of class that Ben brings are almost always when the team are playing with urgency, or when the pack are getting on top. Things are simply easier then, and its something his team simply do not provide him.

Its the same reason Ford looked complete tosh for Bath last season.