Return from injuries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return from injuries

Post by MrPartridge »

Clutching at straws I know (but after last night what can you clutch at)?

Does anyone know likely return dates for Veianu, JPP and Barrow? All 3 would make an impact on the current crop. Equally Marcos and Loggo would help bolster the 23.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Return from injuries

Post by sapajo »

MrPartridge wrote:Clutching at straws I know (but after last night what can you clutch at)?

Does anyone know likely return dates for Veianu, JPP and Barrow? All 3 would make an impact on the current crop. Equally Marcos and Loggo would help bolster the 23.
Last week Mauger said on RL that Veianu is 5 wks away, Marcus and Barrow are in the frame. No mention of Logo or JPP.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JPP shouldn't be that long, Logo is a while off though.

Veainu could be 50/50 come the first Prem game back.

I expect Ayerza and Barrow to feature in the Anglo Welsh cup.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

What's happened to Tom Croft?
Pip
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

pipkoi wrote:What's happened to Tom Croft?
Well being water boy last night he is either Close to fitness or about to retire.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Return from injury

Post by Chobbsy »

I apologise this has probably been discussed already but is there any listing of when players are expected to return?
This would help me plan my moods as to whether I am going to be down until next season or if there is the slightest glimpsed of light at the end of the tunnel?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
BillCarr85

Post by BillCarr85 »

Logo posted a photo on Instagram yesterday (or possibly the day before) of him in a hospital bed with casts/braces on both his legs. I have no medical training whatsoever but you would assume that's him done for the season.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Return from injury

Post by ourla »

Chobbsy wrote:I apologise this has probably been discussed already but is there any listing of when players are expected to return?
This would help me plan my moods as to whether I am going to be down until next season or if there is the slightest glimpsed of light at the end of the tunnel?
There is never a list. Information comes out in dribs or drabs if you are lucky. Reasons variously given are to keep the opposition guessing and to protect the players interest and privacy.

TBH if anyone is hoping the cavalry is just over the hill then I fear they are sadly mistaken. Several are long term anyway but even then it's debatable the difference they would make in the current situation. Maybe just maybe, Ayerza's and Croft's experience may provide some stability in the forwards. Maybe JPP and TV can inject some life into our back play. But Manu, Toomua, Logo are all long term and we are talking next season before they provide hope of salvation. In the short term there has to be a regroup and the younger players have to be given the chance to step up. The good news is we won't be facing the calibre of opposition we have the last 5 weeks until the play offs, should we get there, which is off course questionable.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Logo out for season - procedure on both knees
JP - 3 weeks approx. after pec injury
O'Connor - 2/3 weeks after concussion versus Wasps
Veainu - 3/4 weeks after concussion
Ayerza should get a run out in the LV or will be ready for Gloucester
Croft - similar to Marcos
Less is more....
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Return from injury

Post by Chobbsy »

ourla wrote:
Chobbsy wrote:I apologise this has probably been discussed already but is there any listing of when players are expected to return?
There is never a list. Information comes out in dribs or drabs if you are lucky. Reasons variously given are to keep the opposition guessing and to protect the players interest and privacy.

TBH if anyone is hoping the cavalry is just over the hill then I fear they are sadly mistaken. Several are long term anyway but even then it's debatable the difference they would make in the current situation. Maybe just maybe, Ayerza's and Croft's experience may provide some stability in the forwards. Maybe JPP and TV can inject some life into our back play. But Manu, Toomua, Logo are all long term and we are talking next season before they provide hope of salvation. In the short term there has to be a regroup and the younger players have to be given the chance to step up. The good news is we won't be facing the calibre of opposition we have the last 5 weeks until the play offs, should we get there, which is off course questionable.
TV at least would add some spark and magic to the back line
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Bunchy wrote:Logo out for season - procedure on both knees
Veainu seems to be have been out for months with concussion
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Chobbsy wrote:
Bunchy wrote:Logo out for season - procedure on both knees
Veainu seems to be have been out for months with concussion
Merc Posted: November 29, 2016
However, Veainu is unavailable for the Saints match after picking up a head injury with Tonga which could lead to a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

"The advice is that Telusa will have a period of stand down until the symptoms have gone," said Tigers director of rugby Richard Cockerill.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Veainu - he is going through the protocols - 2 very heavy knocks in 3 games - he says the symptoms have disappeared and he is on the return now....
Less is more....
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Getting a few of the big names back during the 6 Nations would be huge whilst others will be missing players on international duty. Even if Gloucs and Exeter wont be badly hit.

Gloucs will be without Laidlaw and May.

Quins have already lost Robshaw and will be missing Marler, Care, Brown, Roberts and possibly Clifford. Yarde and Visser are in their respective training squads but will likely be available for Quins.

Chiefs will lose Nowell, Tomas Francis, Campagnaro and possibly Slade.

Tigers will be missing Cole, B Youngs and likely Genge. Mike Williams is an outside bet in the training squad too.

Getting Marcos back especially will be a huge boost if Cole and Genge are both unavailable.

Of the remaining Anglo-Welsh Cup games, including semi-finals and final, only the Saints game this Saturday doesn't fall on a 6 Nations weekend. Even that is the weekend before the 1st round so most international players will be in training camps. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches target the AWC more than usual as a means to salvage something from a tough season.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

JPP Targeting the bristol game ... As so he said on saturday