Marler Broken leg

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

grobyman

Marler Broken leg

Post by grobyman »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... n-leg.html

Possible call up for Ellis Genge, England now running out of loose heads. I think Catt and Mullen are incumbents, but with Vunipola and Marler options rapidly diminishing
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Marler Broken leg

Post by Mark62 »

EJ must have been impressed with Ellis on Sunday against an international tight head
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hope not.

Leave it till Summer tour.

We need him here.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Genge called up the the squad then make the match day 23.

Jones has chopped and changed his squads a lot to get a look at as many players as possible. In the AI squad Ellis was ahead of Mullan, who didn't get a look in. Now Mullan will likely start.

With Marler and Mako injured I wouldn't put much by Jones picking Catt as 3rd choice in the training squad. Genge is more Jones type of player and I'd put my money on him being on the bench against France.

We need Marcos and/or Logo to come back ASAP with Coley and Ellis likely to be unavailable.
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

I think Mullan will start then Genge to come off the bench as an impact player but would much rather have him here covering the loosehead for us.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Reported that he is expected to be out for 4-5 weeks.

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/jo ... ry-update/
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I'd rather have Genge playing at loosehead , not covering it ! Ayerza can do the covering .
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Being pedantic it's a fracture rather than a break though I guess it's marginal in terms of recovery time. Marler less of a loss than the Vunipola's I feel.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

ourla wrote:Being pedantic it's a fracture rather than a break though I guess it's marginal in terms of recovery time. Marler less of a loss than the Vunipola's I feel.
Being accurate, rather than pedantic, a fracture is a break - not sure how you think this would affect the recovery time.

Marler vs Mako isn't a massive difference, losing 1 is bad as long as the other is available IMO. Now having lost both there's more of an issue.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Certainly going to test EJs forward resources with 5 1st pick forwards currently injured, Both Vunipolas, Kruis, Robshaw and potentially Haskell, and Marler joining the list. Also has to be some uncertainty about Hartley