Supporters Forum Meeting?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Supporters Forum Meeting?

Post by MurphysLaw »

Apparently, according to a post on the 'unoffy', Simon Cohen has agreed to attend a Supporters Forum meeting this evening.

Is there anyone who uses this forum a member of the Supporters Forum?
If so, could they give some feedback?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Supporters Forum Meeting?

Post by sapajo »

MurphysLaw wrote:Apparently, according to a post on the 'unoffy', Simon Cohen has agreed to attend a Supporters Forum meeting this evening.

I believe you are referring to the Supporters Group which has regular closed planned meetings but no idea of their agenda's or dates.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

From the Un Offy, said Supporters Group Meeting was arranged at short notice (today) by Simon Cohen. Apparently many questions were asked and all were answered by Simon in a frank and open manner. This is excercise is commendable save for the fact that the chosen attendees were basically told to keep what was said " within these 4 walls". Frankly I am staggered and cannot believe that this information is apparently going to be denied to all of those supporters not in attendance.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Bonkers doesn't cover it IMO.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:This is excercise is commendable save for the fact that the chosen attendees were basically told to keep what was said " within these 4 walls". Frankly I am staggered and cannot believe that this information is apparently going to be denied to all of those supporters not in attendance.
It does create a bit of a tiered, them, those, some others and us kind of feeling.....varying grades of supporters.

But hey, cue the "I know something that's happening but I'm not allowed to say anything" type comments.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

MurphysLaw wrote:Apparently, according to a post on the 'unoffy', Simon Cohen has agreed to attend a Supporters Forum meeting this evening.

I might be a member, I might not, I've beem told to keep quiet about it. :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="G.K"][quote="MurphysLaw"]Apparently, according to a post on the 'unoffy', Simon Cohen has agreed to attend a Supporters Forum meeting this evening.

If so, could they give some feedback?[/quote]

I might be a member, I might not, I've beem told to keep quiet about it. :smt002[/quote]

Very amusing GK :smt001

Seriously though, what's the point in having a Supporters Forum, designed to improve transparency and communication between the fans and the Club, if what is said is kept confidential? :smt017
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Call me cynical but if there was anything important to be said it wouldn't be said at a supporters forum. Keep things confidential may be an attempt to cover the lack of a clue.
I'm not cynical just experienced
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

chewbacca wrote:Call me cynical but if there was anything important to be said it wouldn't be said at a supporters forum. Keep things confidential may be an attempt to cover the lack of a clue.
What may be important to you may not be to me and vice versa, fact is at this juncture you will never know what was said unless you were privileged to be in attendance. Try finding out who is on this Group? who is entitled to attend? when and where it holds its meetings? where can you see agenda's and minutes? Tigers Supporters Group = Tigers Supporter Masonic Group :smt002
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="sapajo"]..What may be important to you may not be to me and vice versa, fact is at this juncture you will never know what was said unless you were privileged to be in attendance. Try finding out who is on this Group? who is entitled to attend? when and where it holds its meetings? where can you see agenda's and minutes? Tigers Supporters Group = Tigers Supporter Masonic Group :smt002[/quote]

No Sapajo, no-where near as mysterious.This is taken from the website, under 'The Club' heading and it explains the purpose and make-up of the Forum....http://www.leicestertigers.com/club/sup ... _forum.php

I am not sure how up-to-date it is, but for example, there is a John Griffiths listed. JG is that you?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MurphysLaw wrote:
sapajo wrote:..What may be important to you may not be to me and vice versa, fact is at this juncture you will never know what was said unless you were privileged to be in attendance. Try finding out who is on this Group? who is entitled to attend? when and where it holds its meetings? where can you see agenda's and minutes? Tigers Supporters Group = Tigers Supporter Masonic Group :smt002
No Sapajo, no-where near as mysterious.This is taken from the website, under 'The Club' heading and it explains the purpose and make-up of the Forum....http://www.leicestertigers.com/club/sup ... _forum.php

I am not sure how up-to-date it is, but for example, there is a John Griffiths listed. JG is that you?
Thank you that is very helpful, I note it does say who is on the group. However, fact remains it does not say when and where their meetings are held? What is the agenda for the meetings and where are the minutes promulagated? Who can attend?

If my fellow supporters are happy with this status quo for a group that is established and convened for them then without knowing this information then so be it. But I am certainly not, especially at this juncture.
fillfinger

Post by fillfinger »

The fact that SC decided to confide in members is at least a declaration of understanding of the frustration and concern of members regarding RCs sacking. In the past when things have happened with Tigers I have generally been satisfied that the board do have the clubs best interests at heart and whilst I am a massive RC fan and have felt deflated by the sacking I am prepared to wait until the club feels able to announce what happened and why. Patience is a virtue and we are not always entitled to know they whys and wherefores just because we post on this forum.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

sapajo wrote:
MurphysLaw wrote:
sapajo wrote:..What may be important to you may not be to me and vice versa, fact is at this juncture you will never know what was said unless you were privileged to be in attendance. Try finding out who is on this Group? who is entitled to attend? when and where it holds its meetings? where can you see agenda's and minutes? Tigers Supporters Group = Tigers Supporter Masonic Group :smt002

Thank you that is very helpful, I note it does say who is on the group. However, fact remains it does not say when and where their meetings are held? What is the agenda for the meetings and where are the minutes promulagated? Who can attend?

If my fellow supporters are happy with this status quo for a group that is established and convened for them then without knowing this information then so be it. But I am certainly not, especially at this juncture.
Where the "select" group of supporters is not able to diverge the information and that anything discussed is to "be kept within 4 walls", then IMO that is not a "Supporters Forum".

It's just a collection of people. Any issues discussed should be put out to the wider base of ALL supporters.
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Not wishing to be unkind, but looking at the make up of the Tigers side of the group, it seems likely that the discussions are focused on the hospitality and membership side, rather than the playing side.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Cliffeclimber"]Not wishing to be unkind, but looking at the make up of the Tigers side of the group, it seems likely that the discussions are focused on the hospitality and membership side, rather than the playing side.[/quote]

That might be the focus for some of the meetings, Cliffeclimber, but yesterday's was called and attended by Simon Cohen, and was to discuss the current 'situation'.