Manu out for season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Manu out for season

Post by Bunchy »

On twitter now, serious ligament damage.....
Less is more....
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu out for season

Post by sapajo »

That is horrendous news for Manu and the club, surely we must somehow find some cash and pray for a miracle to sign a quality injury replacement but its a very very tall order :smt010 Mauger its now over to you :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

We need to be trying to get rid of him, hes taking a massive chunk of our playing budget. Hes very injury prone.

I would much rather see that money spent on a player like Ben Teo from Worcester.

I feel sorry for Manu but we cant keep paying him £450000+ a year and have him only play a couple of games a season.
Come on you tigers!
tigerseb
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerseb »

Northants Tiger
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

A nightmare for Manu, Tigers, Mauger and England (in that order).

The good or bad news depending on how you look at it - he's too young to retire. We have will have to rehab him again and hope he comes good in the long run.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

champanzie wrote:We need to be trying to get rid of him, hes taking a massive chunk of our playing budget. Hes very injury prone.

I would much rather see that money spent on a player like Ben Teo from Worcester.

I feel sorry for Manu but we cant keep paying him £450000+ a year and have him only play a couple of games a season.
Have you got a credible source saying that's what he gets from Tigers' coffers when he is 'on the sick?'
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

That is cruel luck for Manu, and for Tigers.

This just adds to Mauger's problems. How is he expected to get improved performances with so many experienced and talented backs crocked?

You've got to think that we're overdue a change in luck sometime soon.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

tigerseb wrote:Daily Mail saying it too...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... acens.html
Mind you they say we won against Sarries in the headline....
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

sapajo wrote:That is horrendous news for Manu and the club, surely we must somehow find some cash and pray for a miracle to sign a quality injury replacement but its a very very tall order :smt010 Mauger its now over to you :smt023
What about that bloke Toomua? He's meant to be pretty good.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
fillfinger

Post by fillfinger »

If this is true I feel very sad for Manu. A player who I love to watch, enjoying his enthusiasm and the fact that he always plays with a smile on his face. You get the feeling he just loves playing rugby. I am sure that at some stage he will get his match fitness and when he does he will be a game changer like no other at Tigers. Pleased we kept him and really hoping he will be ready for next season. Get fit soon Manu!
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

The bloke just has no luck. Ligaments are not like other muscles in that you can't train them or build them up; i.e. it's not like he has a particular weakness. He fell awkwardly in an innocuous tackle and that's that.

If the groin had gone again, I would sadly agree that maybe it was time for us to let him go. This is unrelated and just the mother of all bad luck.

He'll be back.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Surely now with both frontline centres out for the season, the club must be looking at an injury dispensation signing. Not sure who's available, but can we afford to just go with what we have?
kelmat

Post by kelmat »

Roly wrote:
sapajo wrote:That is horrendous news for Manu and the club, surely we must somehow find some cash and pray for a miracle to sign a quality injury replacement but its a very very tall order :smt010 Mauger its now over to you :smt023
What about that bloke Toomua? He's meant to be pretty good.
Spoke to him the other day, says hes around 4 months away !!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote:Surely now with both frontline centres out for the season, the club must be looking at an injury dispensation signing. Not sure who's available, but can we afford to just go with what we have?
Time well tell but one thing is for sure are chances of finishing in the top 4 are rapidly decreasing. I feel we have no choice if we still harbor this ambition but to splash the cash on a replacement but time will tell if we have and if so who we end up with?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »