Richard Cockerill

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lammy

Re: Richard Cockerill

Post by Lammy »

On a lighter note, has everyone seen the video featuring Tigers posted by Castro on twitter?

I'll happily post the link but please be careful where you watch it if the volume is up..........the first message is from our very own Cockers- I'm sure you can imagine his comment!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Lammy wrote:
I'll happily post the link but please be careful where you watch it if the volume is up..........the first message is from our very own Cockers- I'm sure you can imagine his comment!
Nice of Cockers to say that but he isn't.........the only one......... :smt002 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Iain wrote:
Big Dai wrote:JW took over from Deano untill the end of that season. so was head coach all be it for a short period.
Correction: Wells saw out the 03/04 season and was then named Head Coach with Pat Howard as backs coach and Cockers as forwards coach rejoining the club from Montferrand (now Clermont). Wells stayed in charge for the 04/05 season, in which we topped the league but lost to Wasps in the final. Howard then took over as Head Coach for the 05/06 season, and also stayed in charge for the 06/07 season.

Cockerill was then acting head coach for the start of the 07/08 season until Loffreda arrived, who was then dismissed at the end of the season. Meyer took the job for the 08/09 season until he had to leave early, and Cockerill finished the season as acting head coach. He proved himself very able and was given the job permanently. The rest, as they say, is history.
Harrumph! Correction indeed. I was only pointing out Wellsey should have been on the past head coaches list. Correction. Huh! As for the rest being history we will be cosigned to history if we don't sharpen our act. Coventry and Northampton are not far away. To misquote Sparks. The Midlands ain't big enough for the three of us?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"