Is it just me?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Is it just me?

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Despite the loss last week and all the doom and gloom and people calling for heads to roll, with one day to go to the game the excitement is beginning to build and I am looking forward to going down to Welford Road.
Come what may, win or lose my old ticker will go through a roller-coaster ride as usual. When the game is finished I will be sad if we lose, happy if we win and then look forward to going through the emotions again for the next game. Who the coaches are, what players are selected or how they play is beyond my control. My passion, commitment and whether I choose to pay and turn up are the only things that I can control.

As Bill would say KEEP THE FAITH
JerryGas

Re: Is it just me?

Post by JerryGas »

No not just you Sir. Despite everything, including sitting in Thormond Park last week feeling increasingly depressed, I will still set off on my 250 mile round trip tomorrow. Always travel in a mood of optimism and this week is no different. I have my opinions on coaches, players etc but prefer to bore my mates in Counting House than groaning on here. Merry Xmas!!
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm excited. These games are the best as a fan. European games always seem that bit more special, particularly when the Irish are in town for a party.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

I wish I could control my emotions!

Very much looking forward to it, despite (and because of) last week. Its from such situations that great games and legends are born.

For me its the thrill of not knowing which of our teams will turn up - the one with the dog or the one without.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Must admit that I'm not looking forward to it. If I wasn't an ST holder, I would record the match and only watch it if the team gave a good account of themselves (win or lose). And I'm generally an optimist.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Looking forward to Santa coming early :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noggs wrote:Looking forward to Santa coming early :smt023
Suggest you look towards the back of the Crumbie then! :smt002
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

At least we can't complain that following Tigers is boring. Never know what team is going to turn up. This week when expectation is lowered as we are decimated by injury again could be the week for a Christmas present. At least I really hope so.
I'm not cynical just experienced
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

It's Bill I miss the most he was my best forum friend and my partner in crime as we were Wind Up merchants on this forum. Bill was my friend and I miss him a lot.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

+1, g. We all miss him. KEEP THE FAITH. I shall
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

KEEP THE FAITH indeed.

I think there are issues at Tigers that need addressing but I shall be on the Crumbie tomorrow with my 80 year dad - we may grumble , we will definitely express our "disgruntlement" at the refs decisions but we will be supporting the Tigers and I expect to , as usual , come home slightly hoarse.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Looking at Racing being nilled at the moment and there were quite successful last year. There is no real consistency at the moment so where is the problem?

Get back to real ground. None of this :censored: carpeting?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If you are not motivated to go and watch a Rugby match just because your teams on a run of bad form then you are not a Rugby fan. Rugby fans are born not made. When I first picked up a Rugby ball at the age of 6 it just felt right and the first match I ever saw in 1953 filled me with awe. It's still the same today whether we are playing Hinckley B team or Sarries/Clermont I still get the same sense of excitement at nearly 70 years old.