Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Munster v Leicester, Thomond Park

Post by RagingBull »

I can see a couple of positives TBH.

Worth handle himself well IMO.
Hamilton, Harrison and Roberts all have 100% to a lost cause.

That's it.

Masher sorry but the forwards where :censored: not one was running at speed not one was attacking every breakdown, and who coaches the forwards?
Scrum

Post by Scrum »

Anyone counted the penalties we conceded last week and this. Game losers. Perhaps a day going over the rules is in order.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

We were poor - so was Poite. With the group we have, it is very possible that only the top team will go through. Much as I hate to say it, time to concentrate on the league. Next week, play the players with the hunger - Harrison, Hamilton, Thacker, Roberts, Evans add in the likes of Catchpole, if they gel and get the win then great, if not then nothing lost.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Send Murphy into the dressing room and sort it out. The last player discussion was led by Murphy if I remember right and a revival took place.
The players have caused this - time for them to sort it out with a lead from Smurf.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Snorbins wrote:Send Murphy into the dressing room and sort it out. The last player discussion was led by Murphy if I remember right and a revival took place.
The players have caused this - time for them to sort it out with a lead from Smurf.
Reeks of desperation, I fear the malaise cannot be remedied so easily. We put our faith and bank balance in the hands of Mauger in order to revive our downward spiral. This now seems at least a temporarily busted flush with so many key players brought in to achieve this injured and the depth of our squad so shallow. The true acid test will be if we ever ever get to field a full strength starting XV something we have not managed for some 3 seasons.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I believe that Tigers' handling skills have improved under Mauger and, on good days, that is quite good to see but we just lack physicality. We have players like Mcaffrey and Mcguigan going into contact situations unsupported and being knocked backwards or held up. It is all very well being able to throw the ball around but first we need to be able to win the collisions. Look at Saracens or Wasps and we are out-powered all over the pitch. At the top level, it cannot be either skill or power, it must be both.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

RagingBull wrote:I can see a couple of positives TBH.

That's it.
One other positive - we'll (hopefully) never see such an inept performance from a Tigers team again ... First time I have ever switched off a Tigers game before the end. I think the players (with the exception of the above) should refund all the travelling supporters (with a few still being heard even in the second half - incredible support given what was going on).
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

That's it.

Masher sorry but the forwards where :censored: not one was running at speed not one was attacking every breakdown, and who coaches the forwards?
I agree RB but also thought McCaffrey put in a good shift. Worth in particular played well given the bombardment he received.
Ben Youngs left his kicking boots at Twickenham unfortunately, we never put their back 3 under any pressure.
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bristol Tiger wrote:

That's it.
One other positive - we'll (hopefully) never see such an inept performance from a Tigers team again ... First time I have ever switched off a Tigers game before the end. I think the players (with the exception of the above) should refund all the travelling supporters (with a few still being heard even in the second half - incredible support given what was going on).

That's what I thought after Glasgow :smt009
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

RagingBull wrote: Masher sorry but the forwards where :censored: not one was running at speed not one was attacking every breakdown, and who coaches the forwards?
The forwards coach is Richard Blaze, he seems to have kept his head down.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

wardy wrote:Where's ellis9 to put some spin on this. No? - thought not!
Ellis seems to have been concentrating on the latest sack Cockers thread - he can't be everywhere and possibly has a life to live. If everybody had his positivity it might lift the team and lead to better performances.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yeah, it wasn't good enough and there are no positives to take.

I do reject sensationalism though. The sky is not falling in, the coaches do not need to be unilaterally dismissed and we do have good players. There are problems - but none of them are getting fixed with a simple magic wand to dismiss the Director of Rugby. Moreover, I actually think that could be damaging.

Are the coaches deserving of some criticism at this point? Well of course. Do we know enough to know exactly who the problem is and that sacking them will resolve it? No, none of us do. It's all guesswork.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Iain wrote:Yeah, it wasn't good enough and there are no positives to take.

I do reject sensationalism though. The sky is not falling in, the coaches do not need to be unilaterally dismissed and we do have good players. There are problems - but none of them are getting fixed with a simple magic wand to dismiss the Director of Rugby. Moreover, I actually think that could be damaging.

Are the coaches deserving of some criticism at this point? Well of course. Do we know enough to know exactly who the problem is and that sacking them will resolve it? No, none of us do. It's all guesswork.
Could not agree more. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I think Tom Youngs was the worst culprit for taking the ball in and being held up or making no progress . He needs to go much lowe ,like Thacker does .
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

MikeR wrote:I think Tom Youngs was the worst culprit for taking the ball in and being held up or making no progress . He needs to go much lowe ,like Thacker does .
Thacker doesn't have any choice.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game