Bristol match thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SIBARITE

Re: Bristol match thread

Post by SIBARITE »

jgriffin wrote:8/10 points and 6 clear of Chiefs? May be a positive in the face of (censored) negativism.
Reality is not negativism. One point ahead of Exeter now. We will see a far clearer picture after the next four Prem games.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

We will beat Saints next week, they will be shorn of Hartley, Wood, Lawes, Harrison (probably), Brookes and Clark. Hopefully we will have Logo, Teainu and JPP back. A full house, 5pm KO, I can see a cracker of a game and a good win. Not so confident about the games following that but hopefully confidence will be high. Lose to Saints and we will lose the next 3 games, but that's not going to happen!!
Soggypitch
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Saints will also have North and Picamoles back - not bad reinforcements !
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

SIBARITE wrote:
jgriffin wrote:She was asleep in the car by 6pm so I set off about 6.15., very fast from stadium to M5 via Avonmouth, No stoppages on the M5, must've been the trail of carnage behind me.
Is this on the right page?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that about you.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

h's dad wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
jgriffin wrote:She was asleep in the car by 6pm so I set off about 6.15., very fast from stadium to M5 via Avonmouth, No stoppages on the M5, must've been the trail of carnage behind me.
Is this on the right page?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that about you.
Since it was an answer to another Tigers fan's kind enquiry and relevant to attendance at the match maybe/maybe not. :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

SIBARITE wrote:
jgriffin wrote:8/10 points and 6 clear of Chiefs? May be a positive in the face of (censored) negativism.
Reality is not negativism. One point ahead of Exeter now. We will see a far clearer picture after the next four Prem games.
Ah, forever the last resort of negative people, claiming (erroneously) that they are realists. In the words of Paul Daniel's "Close. Try again".
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
Ah, forever the last resort of negative people, claiming (erroneously) that they are realists. In the words of Paul Daniel's "Close. Try again".
"erroneously" See who gets the cigar at the end of the season.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Look at Exeter's next four games. If they edge ahead of us in that time they will have :censored: well earned it.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

SIBARITE wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
"jgriffin" 8/10 points and 6 clear of Chiefs? May be a positive in the face of (censored) negativism.

"erroneously" See who gets the cigar at the end of the season.
1) Don't smoke :smt039
2) I didn't say that your negative comments were erroneous, just the claim that your negativity was reality.
3) Post enough negative comments and more than likely some will come true - as shown by The Sun & Mirror.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Spicer wrote:Final score 21-16
Very scrappy game. I now fully understand why Bristol are bottom with no wins. Both sides were poor and had loads of errors. Bristol won most of the scrum penalties. Interestingly one of our best scrums was when Locky was binned and Thacker was in the front row.
We stole their line-out a lot, we also messed ours up a few times.
A lot of our players made a lot of errors and they had a very up and down performance, Slater, Harrison, Betham, Bateman and Burns to name a few.
I'm happy we won but that was a bad performance against a poor side.
The man of the match was Worth, was solid and pretty dangerous. (Apart from the slightly skewed kick at the end).

MY EMPHASIS
Bit late, I know but I agree with the highlight above. Tried to be sympathetic to a Brizzie, "We were pretty terrible too", I said. "Don't say that", he said, "it's bad enough losing to a team playing well"
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina