Bristol match thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Bristol match thread

Post by RagingBull »

Cards galore tonight in the Pro 12 and AP.

Thought Thompstone, Worth and Evans where our best starters, Thacker added the most from the bench.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote:Glad we won. that's all we needed, and getting a bad game out of our system with 4 points.
Was in Brizzle all day from 12 then Mrs G took a turn for the worse when we were in Sainsburys Ashton Gate (she has virtually no immune system). By kick-off we were entering Brum, she having slept for two hours. :smt009
All the best for a speedy recovery - difficult times it seems - sorry to hear it.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

strawclearer wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Glad we won. that's all we needed, and getting a bad game out of our system with 4 points.
Was in Brizzle all day from 12 then Mrs G took a turn for the worse when we were in Sainsburys Ashton Gate (she has virtually no immune system). By kick-off we were entering Brum, she having slept for two hours. :smt009
All the best for a speedy recovery - difficult times it seems - sorry to hear it.
:smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

drc_007 wrote:Pretty lacklustre from Tigers. Still handling error lack of concentration and urgency.
Completely agree. You have to dig very deep or be completely biased for Tigers to see any positives in that performance.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

SIBARITE wrote:
drc_007 wrote:Pretty lacklustre from Tigers. Still handling error lack of concentration and urgency.
Completely agree. You have to dig very deep or be completely biased for Tigers to see any positives in that performance.
We won. That's more positive than not winning.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

SIBARITE wrote:
And you are definitely not the man for that job!

I thought Bristol defended pretty well and with all our changes that made life difficult. We should have taken the 3 to make it 24-6. It would have really killed Bristol and we could have relaxed.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

SIBARITE wrote:
We won away from home, several youngsters got valuable experience and from what I hear the defence continued to look alright.

Friday night games in winter can be a banana skin (see Saints losing at the Gardens to Newcastle). I'll happily take a win and move on. Great to see Manu back and getting game time too.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

8/10 points and 6 clear of Chiefs? May be a positive in the face of (censored) negativism.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

sam16111986 wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
We won away from home, several youngsters got valuable experience and from what I hear the defence continued to look alright.

Friday night games in winter can be a banana skin (see Saints losing at the Gardens to Newcastle). I'll happily take a win and move on. Great to see Manu back and getting game time too.
Hasn't the defence of all the Premiership teams looked alright against Bristol? They haven't got a W in the Prem. Could we set our sights a little higher please?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Travelling last night so saw nothing.

1) We won
2) On a short turn round
3) Away
4) With shed loads of key players missing
5) Avoided a potential banana skin
6) With the Brucie Bonus Saints lost.

Woke up pretty happy until I saw the cricket.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hasn't the defence of all the Premiership teams looked alright against Bristol? They haven't got a W in the Prem. Could we set our sights a little higher please?
Baby steps. Kept Quins to no tries last week and on a short turn around with a youthful team kept Bristol down to one try. Got to build from somewhere and after how dreadful our defence was before the AIs I'm just glad to see it's heading in the right direction.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

It's a win! Something that supporters appreciate, and some posters cannot take on board!
Red Boots

Post by Red Boots »

I hope Mrs G is ok but how did you manage to get to Brum by kick off?
Because the M5 was closed (twice) and road works on the diversion route Mrs Red Boots and I didn't get to Brum until 1am on Saturday.
On the plus side the seats at Bristol are padded and the SS Great Britain was well worth a look. The whole experience was like an up-market Gloucester.

As to the rugby, the box kicks were high but too short resulting in them landing in a congested area. It was chilly so I can excuse the drops by both sets of backs.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

She was asleep in the car by 6pm so I set off about 6.15., very fast from stadium to M5 via Avonmouth, No stoppages on the M5, must've been the trail of carnage behind me.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

jgriffin wrote:She was asleep in the car by 6pm so I set off about 6.15., very fast from stadium to M5 via Avonmouth, No stoppages on the M5, must've been the trail of carnage behind me.
Is this on the right page?