Calum Clark - Again!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Calum Clark - Again!

Post by ads »

Your bigotry towards Clarke is all too apparent.
You're funny.
Fortunately the governing body disagreed with you and he was banned.
Launchbury has just been banned. Does that make him a thug?

The one good thing that still exists in these strange times we live in, is that people can have opinions and either agree or disagree with others.
I think Calum Clark is a dirty thug and should not be allowed near a rugby field until he has sought the correct counselling. Buts thats just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Both the arm lever and the elbow drop are banned in UFC/MMA - interestingly so are pulling by the shorts :smt005 and pulling the hair (Cashton could've been done for that on Alesana in that famous match). In fact the list is LONGER and more specific. :smt017. It would be beholden to rugby to do such a list. Proper punching is, of course, perfectly legal.
Also MMA deducts points for offences......
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Banned for three weeks! A travesty!!

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport ... -1-7692588

How Mallinder can look at himself in the mirror? The above link speaks volumes about the idiocy of Voldermort.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Iain wrote:Low Entry is 2 weeks
Mid Range is 5 weeks
Top End is 9 weeks

It isn't top end.
Arguable somewhere between low and mid range. Any discount will take on board what his plea is. I'm predicting three weeks.
Call me Nostradamus
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

From the adjudication "The player's remorse before the panel was genuine and heartfelt."

As if :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

Shock horror

Bloke in testosterone filled sport pushes the line bit too far while getting cheered on by thousands of fans

Dorian West gouged Austin Healy horrifically while playing for Nottingham vs Orrell
Healey narrowly escaped prison for assault and broke jaw of a bloke with a headbutt completely unprovoked
Cockerill got invited to a local rugby club dinner, had a hotel paid for by club and looked after well. He throws food at guests and lamps people randomly on night out for no reason
Johnson got done for stamping on a Scottish players face and other horrific offences over the years

Need I go on?
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Iain wrote:
Iain wrote:Low Entry is 2 weeks
Mid Range is 5 weeks
Top End is 9 weeks

It isn't top end.
Arguable somewhere between low and mid range. Any discount will take on board what his plea is. I'm predicting three weeks.
Call me Nostradamus
I suppose it's better than calling thee your friend Noddy ! :smt002
See the BBC report on Clark, who as we saw was later yellow carded in the same game.
At least he misses the Tigers game but 3 weeks is too short for this persistent deliberate actions. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38086289
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

At least we won't have to 'welcome' him to Welford Road on the 3rd.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I just love these people on the D panels .
"The panel found this was not a premeditated act but an intentional strike to the head of an opponent that merited a mid-range entry point of three weeks," an RFU statement read.

"The player's remorse before the panel was genuine and heartfelt."
"Premeditated" synonyms in my thesaurus are
adj planned, intended
calculated, conscious, deliberate, intentional, willful
so how can they use both words in opposition to justify their decision. Have they not worked out that "I am sorry" sometimes doesn't cut it and can only be used once
Hehehehehehehehe
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

How long did they ban his 'Inner Chimp' for?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Southerntiger wrote:Shock horror

Bloke in testosterone filled sport pushes the line bit too far while getting cheered on by thousands of fans

Dorian West gouged Austin Healy horrifically while playing for Nottingham vs Orrell
Healey narrowly escaped prison for assault and broke jaw of a bloke with a headbutt completely unprovoked
Cockerill got invited to a local rugby club dinner, had a hotel paid for by club and looked after well. He throws food at guests and lamps people randomly on night out for no reason
Johnson got done for stamping on a Scottish players face and other horrific offences over the years

Need I go on?

You could but you'd be wasting your time. Embedded prejudice is very hard to change. I for one applaud your efforts. :smt023
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

SIBARITE wrote:Embedded prejudice is very hard to change.
Likewise idiocy.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The unacceptable behaviour of others does not make Clarke's behaviour any more acceptable.

Clarke's bans have not been for handbags. Didn't Moody get 10 weeks for a set to with Allesana? Launchbury gets 2 weeks for an accidental kick (no malice or intent whatsoever and I'm sure genuinely remorseful for being reckless)

So why do they let off a serial offender with 3 weeks? Not his worst offence but a punishment below the mid range ban for that level of offence is not appropriate. Any player with a history of punishments for violent conduct should see the severity and duration of the punishment escalate to the upper end of the scale for that offence until he learns to control himself or his club decides that they have no place for him.

There is a certain injustice in the punishments administered. No doubt a Tiger doing the same would get a far harsher punishment.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

SIBARITE wrote:
Southerntiger wrote:Shock horror

Need I go on?

You could but you'd be wasting your time. Embedded prejudice is very hard to change. I for one applaud your efforts. :smt023

So what? You trot out these previous incidents as if everybody else condones them (because they were done by Tigers players?). What a load of rubbish. They are not things that I had heard of before, but presuming they are true, I condemn the lot, so you both can get off your holier than though horses :smt013

My complaints, which I think go for most of the other posters, is that by his own admission, Clark intentionally tried to elbow DO'C in the head and then he got only 3 weeks for it. The behaviour does not belong anywhere, not even a rugby pitch, and the punishment is peanuts when compared with other offences/punishments in rugby union.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

...Well said CT.