Teams up v Bath - Anglo-Welsh Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Teams up v Bath - Anglo-Welsh Cup

Post by Big Dai »

Good game, what I saw of it. Freddie seemed to be controlling things well but Gekrdan reckoned he cramped up. Which lessens the injury worry.

Roaming the local A&E in search of wireless! Little un having done a Toomua's I fear.

Happy with any win against Barf. Well done you Tigers.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I thought Will Evans was excellent and the difference after he came off was clear, stand out young player for me by far.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

BFG wrote:I thought Will Evans was excellent and the difference after he came off was clear, stand out young player for me by far.
Possibly best genuine 7 in England already?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Did Croft get on and, if so, how did he get on(if you'll excuse the pun)?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

LE18 wrote:Absolutely stupid yellow card by Cilliers, no brain, nearly cost us the game, very well done to the lads, bet we get to hear the Thacker debate again!
Agreed but this is the third time this season that new players making their first appearance get yellow carded in the first few minutes - JP Petersen v Ospreys,
Matt Toomua v Glasgow and now Pat Cilliers Ugh!!
Excellent play from Burns and Man of the Match Harry Thacker in the loose and scrums, his brother Charlie was on the wing as the injuries mounted.
Tom Croft had a great game in second row and so pleased to see him in the lineout & defence.
Freddie Tuilangi stopped a massive Bath rolling maul and is very powerful.
Geordan, Ant Allen & Brett Deacon must be proud of the youngsters gametime tonight. Did not see Gekrdan cramp up Big Dai but Dan Bowden was good for Bath scoring against us. Good prospects for us out there on the field tonight. :smt045
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Old Hob wrote:Did Croft get on and, if so, how did he get on(if you'll excuse the pun)?
Came on at HT into the 2nd row for Maksymiw. Went well, great tracking to nail their winger into touch. Finished the game, that's the main thing :smt023
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
amazing tiger wrote:however i was disapointed with kitto tonight.
Why disappointed?
thought he slowed the game down a bit too much tonight and a few of his kicks were charged down.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

wormus wrote:
LE18 wrote:Absolutely stupid yellow card by Cilliers, no brain, nearly cost us the game, very well done to the lads, bet we get to hear the Thacker debate again!
Agreed but this is the third time this season that new players making their first appearance get yellow carded in the first few minutes - JP Petersen v Ospreys,
Excellent play from Burns and Man of the Match Harry Thacker in the loose and scrums, his brother Charlie was on the wing as the injuries mounted.
Tom Croft had a great game in second row and so pleased to see him in the lineout & defence.
Geordan, Ant Allen & Brett Deacon must be proud of the youngsters gametime tonight. Did not see Gekrdan cramp up Big Dai but Dan Bowden was good for Bath scoring against us. Good prospects for us out there on the field tonight. :smt045
It'll upset a few but Thacker is a bit of a show pony for me, lets the others do the work and reminds me a little of Waldrom.
His carrying looked great but was against backs mostly which sort of says something about how his game is structured or how the team is structured for him.
The scrums were a mess with a lot going on before the feed but there was one scrum in the first half that the Bath reserve props got spot on and the Leicester scrum was absolutely smashed, this is the big danger and if it's 1st team against better or more experienced players then it's a real struggle.
I expected more from the scrum given that Balmain and Bateman were present against that Bath front row.
Freddie T didn't stop that Bath maul, the commentator Goode got the wrong man as was shown up on the replay, I thought he looked weak for that size and I'd back the smaller Thacker to be stronger in contact.
Michael Van Vuuren impressed for Bath at hooker.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

[/quote]
It'll upset a few but Thacker is a bit of a show pony for me, lets the others do the work and reminds me a little of Waldrom.
His carrying looked great but was against backs mostly which sort of says something about how his game is structured or how the team is structured for him.
The scrums were a mess with a lot going on before the feed but there was one scrum in the first half that the Bath reserve props got spot on and the Leicester scrum was absolutely smashed, this is the big danger and if it's 1st team against better or more experienced players then it's a real struggle.
I expected more from the scrum given that Balmain and Bateman were present against that Bath front row.
Freddie T didn't stop that Bath maul, the commentator Goode got the wrong man as was shown up on the replay, I thought he looked weak for that size and I'd back the smaller Thacker to be stronger in contact.
Michael Van Vuuren impressed for Bath at hooker.[/quote]
:smt023 +1 minus the show pony comment. Was disappointed with FT who tackled very poorly - not T like at all
Hehehehehehehehe
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I'm proposing Cilliers for a leading part if they remake the Wizard of Oz:

I would not be just a nuffin'
My head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain
I would dance and be merry
Life would be a ding-a-derry
If I only had a brain
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

G.K wrote:

If I only had a brain
"Because of the wonderful things he does"??
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

tigercaspian wrote:
G.K wrote:

If I only had a brain
"Because of the wonderful things he does"??
Exactly +1 :smt023. What a numpty!! I hope he is on boot cleaning for a month. That was the fine if anyone of us did something really stupid such as that on the pitch.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Enjoyed the game, thought Thacker, Burns, Worth, Hamilton, Evans, Bateman and Wells all played well.

What a valuable player Bateman has become, playing with great skill and power right across the front row!!

We would have won easier but for injury replacements. Great to see Croft back and putting in a decent shift in the 2nd half!

Really hope Freddie is ok, he definitely has his x factor back at present, must start before OW on current form.
Soggypitch
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Soggypitch wrote:Really hope Freddie is ok, he definitely has his x factor back at present, must start before OW on current form.
According to the match report:

Brady returned from his HIA for Burns, who had cramp.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/25652.php

So will hopefully be available. Agree about his x-factor, apart from one kick that went out on the full last night I thought he played really well.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

wormus wrote:
Geordan said Freddie cramped up. Doh! I can only contribute via my phone these days as I get in a loop with the computer. Others have reported this. Big fingers and predictive text are a problem.

I'm a little fairy, I don't swear.
Shot bigger arsenal
Predictive text just ruined my poem.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"