Bring on Sarries! - Teams Up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Bring on Sarries!

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

Tickets obviously not selling well, just received an email (I guess as I bought tickets direct from Sarries for the semi final last year) offering the £37 tickets for £30, if anyone wants the code let me know.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Looks like Saffas Vs Tigers is free to air this weekend, BT Showcase, Channel 59 on Freeview.

http://www.a516digital.com/p/bt-showcas ... el-59.html
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Team for sat

Leicester Tigers (v Saracens, away, Saturday 3pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Jack Roberts
11 JP Pietersen
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Ellis Genge
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Luke Hamilton
20 Will Evans
21 Sam Harrison
22 Freddie Burns
23 George Catchpole
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Saracens have named their side to face Leicester Tigers for Saturday’s round seven Aviva Premiership clash at Allianz Park, kick-off 15h00.

In the back three, Alex Goode continues at full-back and starts alongside Chris Wyles (left wing) and Sean Maitland (right wing). At centre, Brad Barritt skippers the side and is joined by Nick Tompkins at outside centre.

Ben Spencer rotates with Richard Wigglesworth at scrum-half to join Owen Farrell (fly-half) in the halves.

Mako Vunipola continues at loosehead and is joined by Jamie George (hooker) and Juan Figallo (tighthead). At lock, with Maro Itoje and George ruled out with injury Michael Rhodes moves up to lock to partner Jim Hamilton. Mark Flanagan could make his Saracens debut from the bench.

In the back-row, the in-form Jackson Wray is named at blindside flanker with Schalk Burger continuing at openside flanker – Billy Vunipola wears the No8 jersey.

Speaking ahead of the game, director of rugby Mark McCall “Under Richard Cockerill Leicester have consistently challenged for the top spots in the Aviva Premiership and last weekend against Racing 92 in the Champions Cup they produced a performance that underlines how competitive a side they are this season.

“For ourselves, last weekend saw us record a win over a talented Scarlets outfit but there were aspects of our game that we can improve upon. The whole group has responded in this week’s training extremely well and we’re all looking forward to what should be a great game in front of a packed house at Allianz Park.”

Saracens Team to face Leicester Tigers

15 Alex Goode (215)
14 Sean Maitland (5)
13 Nick Tompkins (41)
12 Brad Barritt (c) (178)
11 Chris Wyles (214)
10 Owen Farrell (137)
9 Ben Spencer (80)

1 Mako Vunipola (108)
2 Jamie George (157)
3 Juan Figallo (42)
4 Michael Rhodes (35)
5 Jim Hamilton (56)
6 Jackson Wray (151)
7 Schalk Burger (7)
8 Billy Vunipola (68)

Replacements
16 Schalk Brits (178)
17 Richard Barrington (89)
18 Petrus Du Plessis (139)
19 Mark Flanagan (0)
20 Kelly Brown (134)
21 Richard Wigglesworth (163)
22 Alex Lozowski (8)
23 Marcelo Bosch (75)
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Peter Betham and Jack Roberts form a new centre partnership for Leicester Tigers as they travel to league leaders Saracens in Round 7 of the Aviva Premiership season on Saturday.

Australia international Betham has played a part in every game so far this season, while Roberts makes his first start against the defending Premiership champions.

Mathew Tait reverts to full-back after injury to Telusa Veainu, with Roberts coming in for the unfortunate Matt Toomua who has had surgery on the knee injury picked up in his home debut last weekend.

In the forward pack, Graham Kitchener comes in to replace Dom Barrow who took a head knock in the win over Racing 92 in the European Champions Cup last weekend.

Ellis Genge and Luke Hamilton return to the matchday 23 and there is also a place among the replacements for George Catchpole.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Bring on Sarries! - Teams Up

Post by RagingBull »

Interesting to see we are trusting youth in the backs with Roberts starting and Catchpole on the bench pretty happy with that TBH.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Great to see Jack Roberts getting his chance and also great to see Catchpole back in the reckoning.

Sarries with a strong team out (when are they not these days though?) so we'll have our work cut out.

Their 2nd row hugely disrupted, which IMO will also affect their breakdown (not too much though) but other than that they're only rotating a few players as far as I can see. They don't appear to be taking our visit lightly, despite our dismal record there (and nor should they).

Lots of effort needed from our boys, hope the pack have got the right footwear for scrummaging this time around.......

That is still a capable team we're putting out. C'Mon Tigers.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Why do I feel optimistic about our chances this week? Usually when we play Sarries away, I expect a loss!

Hopefully that's a good sign!

Come on you Tigers!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Will be interesting to see if Marcos can best his compatriot Figallo, and Slates and Kitch our old favourite 'Scottish' Jim Hamilton.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Probably the best side we could put out.

I'm pleased Roberts is being given a chance in his favoured 12 position. He needs a run of games and has the opportunity to prove himself.

The Sarries bench looks immense, I was hoping Barritt and Brits would still be injured but no!

We have to be at our very best to have any chance, set piece will be crucial.
Soggypitch
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Good to see Roberts and Catchpole in; Matt Smith a notable omission; would have started with Freddie - but a good side nonetheless! We're up against a great side despite their injuries - with a strong bench.

Game on!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Why do I feel optimistic about our chances this week? Usually when we play Sarries away, I expect a loss!
Have to be honest, but I'd be happily surprised if we pick up any points tomorrow. Lots of injuries for both teams, but they have such a strong squad. Our pack is strong but that is one experimental back line for us.

Aside from anything else we need to kick well out of hand tomorrow and get a decent chase. Last few seasons at Saracens they've used intelligent kicking to control the territory.

If you are feeling good you can get 9/2 on a Tigers win... and just seen we are 20/1 to take the title this season... ouch!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

A good test of the Tigers defence. They need to carry well otherwise Sarries will turn anything loose into points just as they did with wasps.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I wonder like Strawclearer about the omissions such as Matt Smith why are we not seeing him in the match day squads a good hard attacking/tackling centre, also where is Jono Kito following what I would describe as some pretty good games. He now seems to be confined to the "A" league as is Matt Smith.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

watsonjm wrote:Team for sat

Leicester Tigers (v Saracens, away, Saturday 3pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Jack Roberts
11 JP Pietersen
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Ellis Genge
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Luke Hamilton
20 Will Evans
21 Sam Harrison
22 Freddie Burns
23 George Catchpole
Bizarre that we would rather have a 5ft 8 centre on the pitch than Freddie Burns.

Surely move Williams to 12 and get Burns on the pitch.

Williams and Roberts is a lot weaker axis than Burns and Williams.

Apart from that, can't complain. Would like to see Mulipola given a start, especially against Saracens to give us some go forward. But will see plenty of that during AIs and 6 nations.

Quite a scary situation now where if Burns or Williams get injured, it really is season over with Toomua's injury.

Presume Matt Smith isnt fit or has he been fully discarded?