Player abuse by fans!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Player abuse by fans!

Post by mightymouse »

Not sure how much the ticket cost at Scotstoun. .30 or 40 quid maybe £50 max I would think.

The other £550 will be on travel hotel, food, beer ..in other words a weekend away with your mates or your missus. I have had many such occasions at Twickenham in losing finals, Murrayfield in a Heineken cup and countless more supporting Scotland I can tell you. Not quite the memorable joy of a Paris or Cardiff but if you cannot get enjoyment out a weekend away with your wife or your pals and a good laugh with the opposition fans irrespective of the result then you shouldn't be going! And I suspect you're watching the wrong sport. There is no guarantee of a positive result.. that is the nature of sport.

I was in London yesterday with wife and daughter seeing a west end show (outlaying a few hunder quid). It was not the best I have seen ... not up to Les Mis, Miss Saigon or Oliver or others I have seen, but I didn't chuck my ticket at them .. we went and had a a nice meal a few beers, caught the train home and enjoyed each others company and discussed it's merits and demeritS. What's more it goes down in the store of memories of life's rich tapestry. I think moaning about the disappointments have had mileage at the dinner table just as Paris has in expessions of joy but I was was pleased I with all I went to see, good or bad...that is after all .. life..get on with it..it's too short to worry about it!
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

The guy throwing the ticket has lost all perspective on life.

I don't suppose he was at Ravenhill in January 2012. We were that bad that night, and it was minus something as well, that me and my pals managed to get a taxi back to Belfast Town Centre and get in a bar that was showing the game with still 10min to go! I can still remember the barman asking us what had brought us to Belfast and laughing his head off when we told him the rugby. I think we chose to throw our tickets at him instead. Great night that was, irrespective of the rugby result.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tomvarndell wrote:The guy throwing the ticket has lost all perspective on life.

I don't suppose he was at Ravenhill in January 2012. We were that bad that night, and it was minus something as well, that me and my pals managed to get a taxi back to Belfast Town Centre and get in a bar that was showing the game with still 10min to go! I can still remember the barman asking us what had brought us to Belfast and laughing his head off when we told him the rugby. I think we chose to throw our tickets at him instead. Great night that was, irrespective of the rugby result.
Maybe the supporter in question was also at Ravenhill on that night.

Did the supporter throw the ticket at the player or throw the ticket to the floor, did it hit the player or the floor?
"I've spent £600 this weekend" is hardly abusive, actually it could quite possibly be a matter of fact.
Not condoning it one bit and it probably needs putting down and not allowed to become a normal type of emotional behaviour in reaction to a result but if players can set as an example what they have got away with recently then what do people expect?
Just another example of a general drop in standards all round in my opinion.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

There is no justification for personal abuse of any player (perhaps against the Aussie tennis player who gave up because he was losing) but you do sympathise with how he felt after going all that way to support the team and spent a lot of cash to do so.
Hardly the crime of the century.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Poor behaviour but from the same stable as some of the comments appearing on this forum of late IMO
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I reckon, after a performance like that we need to put our arms round the players, give them a cuddle and some encouragement.

The old girl's ready and willing and has prepared for the task by reviewing the Hambo calendar and taking out the false teeth in readiness for a good snog.

Should improve the pace on the wing!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Tend to agree with mol2 on this one. The action was totally unacceptable but understand the feeling behind it - somehow I think more of those who have criticised the action totally, deep down share the frustration. I have been a season ticket holder for over 25 years and in truth I am considering whether to renew next year. IMHO we have only had one Tigers performnce this season - Bath. Please Cockers and co turn it round. We are now living on tradition not reality. Very sad.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Big Dai wrote:I reckon, after a performance like that we need to put our arms round the players, give them a cuddle and some encouragement.

The old girl's ready and willing and has prepared for the task by reviewing the Hambo calendar and taking out the false teeth in readiness for a good snog.

Should improve the pace on the wing!
:smt003 :smt023 :smt046
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tyzot wrote:Poor behaviour but from the same stable as some of the comments appearing on this forum of late IMO
Agreed but could this explain things - even lowly Merthyr Tydfil beats Leicester, and definitely Abergavenny Y Fenni :smt002
BOTTOM 20 PLACES ON UK PROSPERITY INDEX
1. Kingston upon Hull
2. Blackpool
3. Middlesbrough
4. Nottingham
5. Glasgow City
6. Sandwell
7. Blaenau Gwent
8. Barking and Dagenham
9. Liverpool
10. Stoke-on-Trent
11. Manchester