Manu Tuilagi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

grobyman

Manu Tuilagi

Post by grobyman »

Listening to the 'eggchasers' podcast earlier today, Tim Cocker one of the presenters (also does BT Rugby game hosting) had a bit of an inside track on Manu. He was at the Glasgow game so presumably picked up the information there.

He did state that he will be out for approximately 6 weeks, he has had many scans and the damage is not muscular now but nerve damage. He has had an operation to remove a bit of nerve tissue and that seems to have resolved the issue. The six weeks is the healing process then hopefully we will see him back fit and raring to go.

Hopefully there will be something to play for in the Champions cup and the league to see the benefit.

A fit Manu on form maybe the catalyst that the team needs?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by G.K »

Maybe but I'd be surprised if he lasted a whole game before he's out injured again.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cockers quoted in the Torygraph...

“We are hoping that within the next two to three weeks Manu will take some part in a squad. He is very engaged with his rehab, his weight is good, his lifestyle is good and he looks in great nick. Manu will make a full recovery and I don’t think you’ve seen the best of him yet. There is still a lot of rugby in him.”
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

strawclearer wrote:Cockers quoted in the Torygraph...

“We are hoping that within the next two to three weeks Manu will take some part in a squad. He is very engaged with his rehab, his weight is good, his lifestyle is good and he looks in great nick. Manu will make a full recovery and I don’t think you’ve seen the best of him yet. There is still a lot of rugby in him.”
I really hope that is all true!!
Soggypitch
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I have left side femoral nerve damage from a post-op infection, which tracks from thigh top to hip up the femoral tract (via Mr Gilmore and his groin :smt004 ). If that's how Manu felt :smt010 The operation to remove the nerve is a risky one apparently, can leave one still in pain.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Missed that album - when did that come out?
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

strawclearer wrote:Cockers quoted in the Torygraph...

I can't believe for a professional athlete who gets paid 450k a year, it has to be stated that his lifestyle and weight are good. That should go without saying

People still speak of Manu like he is an 18 year old. The bloke is 25!

Just imagine McCall saying the same quote about Farrell while he was out with his hip and back injury, people would look at MCCall and think what he is on about.

Why is Manu either treated as a child or allowed to behave like a child?

I hope it's the former and not the latter
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Think it might be both?
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Southerntiger wrote:I can't believe for a professional athlete who gets paid 450k a year, it has to be stated that his lifestyle and weight are good. That should go without saying
South Sea island players are reputed to easily pile on the pounds and lose fitness & condition (presumably genetic disposition) they also seem to take longer to recover from injuries.

If he's been layed up / resting his groin for 6 weeks then it wouldn't be beyond the realm of suspicion that he's lost some fitness / leg strength but that his upper body conditioning is as it was before his injury
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
Southerntiger wrote:I can't believe for a professional athlete who gets paid 450k a year, it has to be stated that his lifestyle and weight are good. That should go without saying
South Sea island players are reputed to easily pile on the pounds and lose fitness & condition (presumably genetic disposition) they also seem to take longer to recover from injuries.

If he's been layed up / resting his groin for 6 weeks then it wouldn't be beyond the realm of suspicion that he's lost some fitness / leg strength but that his upper body conditioning is as it was before his injury
I'd have some sympathy for Manu, in heavy training for another sport we used to consume 3-4000 calories per day, and you soon get used to eating almost constantly.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

3 calories a day isn't enough surely?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

G.K wrote:3 calories a day isn't enough surely?
You should have quit after the ebay quip!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

strawclearer wrote:
G.K wrote:3 calories a day isn't enough surely?
You should have quit after the ebay quip!
Unlike Tigers recently - I don't quit. :smt027
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BBC Radio Leicester have tweeted " Manu Tuilagi and Mike Williams are expected to be available in time for the Premiership clash with Harlequins on 20th November."

Manu expected but astonished by the speed of Mike Williams recovery. Just hope they are not being rushed back to soon given their respective injury reoccurences.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

sapajo wrote:BBC Radio Leicester have tweeted " Manu Tuilagi and Mike Williams are expected to be available in time for the Premiership clash with Harlequins on 20th November."

Manu expected but astonished by the speed of Mike Williams recovery. Just hope they are not being rushed back to soon given their respective injury reoccurences.
Brilliant news if true - would make a huge difference to our team to have both back fully fit.
Soggypitch