Player abuse by fans!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SIBARITE

Player abuse by fans!

Post by SIBARITE »

Having born witness to a Tigers fan throwing their ticket at a Tigers player after the Glasgow game while shouting something on the lines of I'v spent £600 this weekend to see this. I was wondering how the forum would react to this. Clearly a fan that travels to away games he is presumably a keen supporter and I think it is fairly likely that he at least views this forum. I would say to him that the ticket entitles him to watch the game and then if he wishes to discuss. Not to be aggressive and abusive to a player or for that matter other fans.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Player abuse of substance

Post by Iain »

The bloke in question is an idiot. That's about the long and the short of it.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Can we ban him? No matter how upset you are that is awful behaviour I would suggest if you know him you report him to the club..
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

SIBARITE wrote:Having born witness to a Tigers fan throwing their ticket at a Tigers player after the Glasgow game while shouting something on the lines of I'v spent £600 this weekend to see this. I was wondering how the forum would react to this. Clearly a fan that travels to away games he is presumably a keen supporter and I think it is fairly likely that he at least views this forum. I would say to him that the ticket entitles him to watch the game and then if he wishes to discuss. Not to be aggressive and abusive to a player or for that matter other fans.
Not acceptable - should be named and shamed. Personally I think booing at the end of the game (not before) is and adequate way of showing your displeasure. Although I personally wouldn't do that. I don't see the point as the players will know they played poorly. They are not going to be motivated by me booing at them. It won't make them try harder or play harder. Others may feel different. But throwing your ticket around and verbally abusing them just isn't right IMO. That is the coaches job in the changing room.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Very misleading Title, I thought it was referring to drug use!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Player abuse by fans!

Post by ellis9 »

That person is an absolute idiot (I want to use a much stronger word but it won't be allowed on here)

No one forced them to pay £600 to attend the game. They chose to go to the game. Yes it was a poor result but no player deserves that. What an absolute cretin!

Can the moderators allow very naughty words for this topic please? Idiot and cretin are nowhere near strong enough to describe this complete waste of space!

I hope the prat who did that is on this forum and reads this. There's no room for you at our club, any club, in rugby or in sport. Don't ever attend a game again!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

The bloke is an idiot as Iain says - end of....
Less is more....
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Unacceptable behaviour by "fan".

Unacceptable play by team.

No excuse from either.
Valhalla I am coming!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

You can't compare a poor performance to a moron thinking they are big and strong and throwing their ticket at a player.

Yes it was a poor performance against a very good Glasgow side who played exceptionally well.

What that idiot did was pathetic.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Must have been brought up from Leicester in a limo and drank himself inside out to pay £600.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Ellis9, it is not a comparison, just a set of observations.
Valhalla I am coming!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

There are some pretty compelling unanswered questions, here.
1: presumably, it was a ticket made of card, not plastic?
2: if so, was it thrown in its natural state, which would have culminated in it see-sawing slowly to the ground?
3: was it modified: scrunched or made into an aeroplane?
4: Should the club take action against the perpetrator for littering?

We need answers
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

SIBARITE wrote:Having born witness to a Tigers fan throwing their ticket at a Tigers player after the Glasgow game while shouting something on the lines of I'v spent £600 this weekend to see this. I was wondering how the forum would react to this. Clearly a fan that travels to away games he is presumably a keen supporter and I think it is fairly likely that he at least views this forum. I would say to him that the ticket entitles him to watch the game and then if he wishes to discuss. Not to be aggressive and abusive to a player or for that matter other fans.
Obviously a footie fan that lost his way. Unfortunately as the game drifts towards footie it is likely more of this will happen?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

L Smith wrote:There are some pretty compelling unanswered questions, here.
1: presumably, it was a ticket made of card, not plastic?
2: if so, was it thrown in its natural state, which would have culminated in it see-sawing slowly to the ground?
3: was it modified: scrunched or made into an aeroplane?
4: Should the club take action against the perpetrator for littering?

We need answers
I agree these questions must be answered immediately. Tigers need to stop the inquiry into why the players put in such a poor performance and threw in the towel and focus on getting to the truth of what happened here.

As for the players - this will no doubt only have exacerbated their post traumatic stress problems following the match, especially of it was a platstic laminated ticket (they have sharp edges)and they will now need extensive counselling.

This will be quite expensive and therefore put extensive financial pressure on Leicester Football Club PLC. Such pathetic, irresposible behaviour could cause the complete collapse of the club.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

SIBARITE wrote:Having born witness to a Tigers fan throwing their ticket at a Tigers player after the Glasgow game while shouting something on the lines of I'v spent £600 this weekend to see this.
If the alleged Tigers player had retained the ticket thrown at him it would have given the Club all his details thereby enabling disciplinary proceedings to be considered.