Leicester Tigers - Arsenal of rugby

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SIBARITE

Re: Leicester Tigers - Arsenal of rugby

Post by SIBARITE »

ellis9 wrote:SIABRITE, would you like to inform us of what superstar players have been available for us to sign whilst keeping in the salary cap and still having enough depth in the squad?
Its not about signing superstars but more having good depth in each position. We have no number 8 never mind a backup.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

We have always had strength in depth but then people moaned we should have less players, bring in high profile players and pay them more and use academy players as back up. As I say, you just can't win!

Maybe we had a number 8 lined up who let us down at the last minute and then because the Tigers players had already been told they were being released, had made their decision on their new club leaving us without a number 8. You can't just go out and buy players in rugby unless you are Sarries, Bath, Wasps or a French club. Other players at other clubs would have already signed new contracts or already agreed contracts with a new club.

Things aren't as straight forward as you make out!
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

[quote="ellis9"]We have always had strength in depth but then people moaned we should have less players, bring in high profile players and pay them more and use academy players as back up. As I say, you just can't win!

Maybe we had a number 8 lined up who let us down at the last minute and then because the Tigers players had already been told they were being released, had made their decision on their new club leaving us without a number 8. You can't just go out and buy players in rugby unless you are Sarries, Bath, Wasps or a French club. Other players at other clubs would have already signed new contracts or already agreed contracts with a new club.

Things aren't as straight forward as you make out![/quote

A list of excuses can't cover poor planning. One player changing his mind shouldn't leave you with no 8 at all. Inept management I call it. In this instance it looks pretty straight forward to me.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Hence why I said things aren't as straight forward as you think.

You think it's straight forward but it isn't.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

ellis9 wrote:Hence why I said things aren't as straight forward as you think.

You think it's straight forward but it isn't.
Once again. Eh :smt017
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Deary me!

I'm am telling you that things are not straight forward. You say they are but I'm telling you that they are not.

I can not say it more plainly than that. If you don't understand then there's no more I can do!
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

ellis9 wrote:Deary me!

I'm am telling you that things are not straight forward. You say they are but I'm telling you that they are not.

I can not say it more plainly than that. If you don't understand then there's no more I can do!
Sorry, I do not know if you are in a position at the club to know that or are just inferring that you are. I do accept that there is nothing more you can do.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Come on SIBARITE get with this forum!!

If Ellis9 or JGriffin tell you it is fact then its fact!!
You can argue until the cows come home. Using all the logic and rationality you like but in the end if they say it ain't so then it ain't so.

And further more if you don't like it then you are not a true supporter and you can take yourself off down the road to Wasps.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Crumblies wrote:

You can argue until the cows come home. Using all the logic and rationality you like but in the end if they say it ain't so then it ain't so.

And further more if you don't like it then you are not a true supporter and you can take yourself off down the road to Wasps.
:smt044 :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I've never said anyone isn't a true supporter.

The only time I've suggested people to support Wasps is if they want to watch running rugby all of the time.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

ellis9 wrote:I've never said anyone isn't a true supporter.

The only time I've suggested people to support Wasps is if they want to watch running rugby all of the time.
Isn't that what Mauger is trying to implement? I realise that you like to play on the back foot thus hindering your understanding of the game. For me its about the forwards and the backs getting a balance. Sarries being a good example. (Nearly choked on my pie) :smt037
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

SIBARITE wrote:
Crumblies wrote:

:smt044 :smt023
:smt043
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yes that what he is TRYING to achieve. We haven't got there yet which is why I recommend Wasps for those who must have it now.

We won't play like Wasps as we are trying to get more balance. Wasps just want to ship it out to the backs at every opportunity whereas Tigers want that good old Tigers ferocity with dominant forwards and then the backs there to finish it off.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Does anybody else detect a strong smell of Troll?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cagey Tiger wrote:Does anybody else detect a strong smell of Troll?
I don't but it's only because I make full use of my 'Ignore' button!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives