One question

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: One question

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote:Whilst there you could tell them how to do their job and take a training session as you seem to know best!
I'm a volleyball coach not a rugby coach.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

There we are then. Stick to volleyball and let the experts deal with Tigers. I'm sure Cockerill or Mauger wouldn't criticise your volleyball coaching.
Last edited by ellis9 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote:There we are then. Stick to volleyball and let the experts deal with Tigers. I'm sure Cockerill or Mauger would criticise your volleyball coaching.
Ha ha, great swerve. You don't have an answer to the question do you? It's a perfectly reasonably question don't you think?

If there is a reasonable answer I won't make any criticism. But as I don't...
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

jgriffin wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:No idea - we lack ball carriers, Pearce in particular gave us that.

And don't forget we got rid of another more than decent No. 8 the year before - yes the one that keeps on scoring and making the hard yards for Exeter!
TTTE is notorious with Chiefs fans for NOT making the hard yards, largely finishing off the work of Ewers, Armand and others. He apparently took all his training habits to Chiefs as well. Chiefs are my second team BTW.
You can ignore his points contribution if you wish but it seems foolish and at 33 its outstanding for a forward. The complaints on here are largely based on results. Waldron gets results (points) as did Deano with his well known training habits. Your criticism that he scores after the hard work of others seems to be a criticism of teamwork. Cockers took a dislike to Waldrom as he has with a growing number of players who have gone on to do well. If his judgement is so clouded by spite that he leaves the team weakened then he is not the right man for the job.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

In response to the question, we had too many 8s as it was.

McCaffrey wasn't considered an 8 when we got him but became our best 8 option.

Pearce, I'm told, would have cost us too much to keep. Personally I'd have liked us to keep him but I'm not sure that remained an option.

Crane, the consensus was that it was time for him to move on wasn't it?

Fonua, from what Crowson tweeted his attitude and fitness wasn't impressing people. I'm also told that we believed we had Josh Beaumont signed which triggered us to allow Fonua to go. If that's true, it sounds like someone jumped the gun.

We also signed Hamilton to cover across the back row and have now signed Leonardi. We're not as bereft as you think, but I would like us to have an out and out 8.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I spoke briefly to Pearce after the semi in Nottingham and I can tell you he was really hacked off!
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

You have asked this question on a few threads. No one on here knows, but here are some options:
  • As Iain alludes to above, it was a coaching decision to use McCaffery. You need to talk to Mauger.
    It was a financial decision, we couldn't afford one. Talk to Cohen.
    It was a failure of negotiation, we wanted to keep one but the process broke down. Ditto.
    It was a failure of the recruitment process - we thought we had signed one. Talk to the player concerned

IMHO the most likely is the last one.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Or a combination thereof.
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

kend wrote:You have asked this question on a few threads. No one on here knows, but here are some options:
  • As Iain alludes to above, it was a coaching decision to use McCaffery. You need to talk to Mauger.
    It was a failure of negotiation, we wanted to keep one but the process broke down. Ditto.
    It was a failure of the recruitment process - we thought we had signed one. Talk to the player concerned

Iain wrote:Or a combination thereof.
At least we are finally admitting it was a failure, and a big one at that
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

jgriffin wrote:TTTE is notorious with Chiefs fans for NOT making the hard yards, largely finishing off the work of Ewers, Armand and others.
TTTE tops the 'most carries' this season (106), above Billy V (91), and i'm fairly sure they all weren't from the 5m line!
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Southerntiger wrote:
kend wrote:You have asked this question on a few threads. No one on here knows, but here are some options:

Iain wrote:Or a combination thereof.
At least we are finally admitting it was a failure, and a big one at that
Ugghhh...I should have used a different word. The fact something fails doesn't necessarily imply personal fault. There are a large number of factors outside local control in all of those scenarios.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:
jgriffin wrote:TTTE is notorious with Chiefs fans for NOT making the hard yards, largely finishing off the work of Ewers, Armand and others.
TTTE tops the 'most carries' this season (106), above Billy V (91), and i'm fairly sure they all weren't from the 5m line!
Out of interest how many meters did TTTE and Billy V make with those carries?
(not a leading questions, genuinely interested in the stats)
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
Norfolk & Goode wrote:
Out of interest how many meters did TTTE and Billy V make with those carries?
(not a leading questions, genuinely interested in the stats)
According to the premiership rugby website, TTTE has 106 carries for 237 meters (2.23 per carry) while Billy V has 91 carries for 297 meters (3.26 per carry).

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/player-stats/
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Like I posted elsewhere, I beleive we could not afford one, we made a big loss last year and I think we had to cut back, we paid De Villiers a very large wage, which contributed to the loss, so players were let go, especially Crane who had long since passed his sell by date (and had cost us TTE previously) and Fonua who was too big and useless!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

In round 5, Vunipola made 75 carries and made 258 metres.

Waldrom made 84 carries and made less than 216 metres.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk