One question

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

One question

Post by ourla »

Explain to me why we ditched three 8's and didn't sign one?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: One question

Post by JackFlashJonny »

ourla wrote:Explain to me why we ditched three 8's and didn't sign one?

I ask myself this every night before I go to sleep :smt003

You will surely get hit with answers of McCafferey or perhaps O'Connor or Hamilton playing 8 before...none of which are good enough answers...

I would love to know..logic tells me we were close to signing someone and it must of fallen through..
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

I found the Laurence Pearce departure the hardest to accept. I'd been bigging him up as a future England number 8 early last season. I assumed we'd obviously made a big signing when one by one the Number 8s were signing elsewhere.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

Tomvarndell wrote:I found the Laurence Pearce departure the hardest to accept. I'd been bigging him up as a future England number 8 early last season. I assumed we'd obviously made a big signing when one by one the Number 8s were signing elsewhere.
+1
Seemed to me to be pretty good at scoring tries, but didn't seem to get a decent run in the side. Couldn't figure out why and was perplexed when we let him go.
Met some Rotherham supporters, who thought we'd done a cracking bit of business when we signed him and were disappointed to see him go :smt017
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Obviously they were no good at cleaning cars, and presumably Jordan had lost the knack of getting that lovely shine. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

No idea - we lack ball carriers, Pearce in particular gave us that.

And don't forget we got rid of another more than decent No. 8 the year before - yes the one that keeps on scoring and making the hard yards for Exeter!
Soggypitch
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Soggypitch wrote:No idea - we lack ball carriers, Pearce in particular gave us that.

And don't forget we got rid of another more than decent No. 8 the year before - yes the one that keeps on scoring and making the hard yards for Exeter!
TTTE is notorious with Chiefs fans for NOT making the hard yards, largely finishing off the work of Ewers, Armand and others. He apparently took all his training habits to Chiefs as well. Chiefs are my second team BTW.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Perhaps but we don't have a Ewers or Armand to make the hard yards for our non-existent 8 to finish off!

Where's our Itoje, Hughes, Vunipola or Ewers?

Presumably not keen to come here having seen Crane keep TTTE out of the side or even play a second row (Slater) ahead of him and likewise with Pearce who we signed injured and never gave a decent run to in spite of a lack of line breaking.

Our back row doesn't seem to defend around the fringes. Why they all seem to be good players?
Southerntiger

Post by Southerntiger »

Tbf Cockers has done a few good jokes over the years...

Remember that time he picked Ed Slater at number 8?!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

So nobody has the answer.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ourla wrote:So nobody has the answer.
Perhaps you could email Cockers or Maurer......they will know the answer.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Tigerbeat wrote:
ourla wrote:So nobody has the answer.
Perhaps you could email Cockers or Maurer......they will know the answer.
Funny, I was actually wondering that.. if they do know... I'm serious.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Ourla, better still, maybe you could go and speak to Cockerill and Mauger in person and ask them. Whilst there you could tell them how to do their job and take a training session as you seem to know best!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote:Ourla, better still, maybe you could go and speak to Cockerill and Mauger in person and ask them. Whilst there you could tell them how to do their job and take a training session as you seem to know best!
You sound stroppy mate but it's a serious worry surely that we as a group of the most ardent fans don't know the answer. And actually I think there has been a massive journalistic failure here. I've listened to a lot of the Radio Leicester podcasts and you know there is some decent stuff on there. But they don't really ask the meaty questions like this do they. I mean come on it's a pretty serious and glaring issue isn't it?