Sacking due to recruitment

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Sacking due to recruitment

Post by ourla »

TigerCam wrote:This is a business and it should be at the top of its trade because that is what we, the supporters, invest in and get the benefit of the silverware as the bonus.
Eh?
TigerCam wrote:If it is not performing then changes have to be made. If you invest in change, based on a 'solid' planning then it must be given the chance to mature. If there are any obstructions, given that they have sanctioned the change, that they must be got rid of, there is no half way house. Don't blame the work force if the management cannot put in place the right structures to see them perform and achieve the results required. the buck stops with the management and if it cannot do the job get rid, no matter how much they may consider themselves part of the family
Are you against the new regime and want Cockers out. Or the other way round? I'm not sure reading the above.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

ellis9 wrote:What about Steve Diamond?

You say Deans did a good job until O'Connor. Could he not handle this one player? That's pretty poor is it not?

What experience of English Premiership Rugby does Deans have?

I may be Cockerill. I may not be.
O.K then are you the first syllable? :smt043
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

Southern tiger wrote "we now have another Italian average back rower on the way"

Anyone know who this is? I know we have just signed an Argentinian international back rower, but not heard about an Italian.
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Strange, for a first post the content is very familiar!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BengalTiger wrote:Strange, for a first post the content is very familiar!
There are a lot of interesting 'new' names on the block, with familiar refrains from the outset.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

The sad news of Anthony Foley's passing caused me to look back at the 2002 HC winning team. I just wanted to recall a good day when I watched the big man play, in glorious company, and had a happy day amongst all the sadness.

The Munster team contained one Aussie in the 22, The Leicester team comprised an Irishman, A Samoan, and Aussie, a South African and a New Zealander. The Balance were Englishmen, Jamie Hamilton was credited as English.... and bar two, I believe, were current or future internationals.

Is the problem not recruitment but development?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

ellis9 wrote:What about Steve Diamond?

You say Deans did a good job until O'Connor. Could he not handle this one player? That's pretty poor is it not?

What experience of English Premiership Rugby does Deans have?

I may be Cockerill. I may not be.
I'm sure that a top level coach who has coached international sides and top level club rugby in Australia and elsewhere is bound to need several years of being told how to do it in the Leicester way!

Yes, as Loffreda discovered club and international coaching is not the same - you don't have to juggle salaries to put your side together - and you probably don't have a host of senior players and junior coaches undermining your place because they think they think they should have got the job or their status in the team might be undermined.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote:
BengalTiger wrote:Strange, for a first post the content is very familiar!
There are a lot of interesting 'new' names on the block, with familiar refrains from the outset.
Yes - I've now got 3 posters on my 'Ignore' list but not, I suspect, 3 separate people!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Southerntiger wrote:Learn to read

I'm saying Cockers gets slated for a reason. I don't want Baxter

Deans is reported to want a new challenge out of Japan. Cheque book out and get him. Even McCaw and Carter worship him

Get the cheque book and get Cockers out and Deans in. I will lob in 20 quid, will the club get a just giving page going?
Deans has said that this rumour is rubbish, just newspaper scuttlebutt. His contract with Panasonic is for another two or three years after which he wants to go back to New Zealand.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game