Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,18,19,20 & 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Season 2016/17

Post by BirstallBrian »

strawclearer wrote:
Iain wrote:It would change if anyone cared enough.
Yes it would. As I previously posted, the Head of Customer Service says they have weekly meets with Centreplate to discuss customer service, read comments posted here (really...?), take steps to tackle the problem, and regard fans' match day experience as being important. They claim that using casual staff and high turnover is an on-going problem. Wassups at the Ricoh cracked it so why can't we...? But this is a cracked record, been running on the turntable for 3 seasons now at least.

I don't blame the bar staff. Bottom line, it's down to lack of commitment, incompetence, indifference, and a failure of supervision and management. More money in the linen tablecloth prawn sarnie brigade.

Believe in Fairies.
:smt006
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BirstallBrian wrote:
strawclearer wrote:
Iain wrote:It would change if anyone cared enough.
Yes it would. As I previously posted, the Head of Customer Service says they have weekly meets with Centreplate to discuss customer service, read comments posted here (really...?), take steps to tackle the problem, and regard fans' match day experience as being important. They claim that using casual staff and high turnover is an on-going problem. Wassups at the Ricoh cracked it so why can't we...? But this is a cracked record, been running on the turntable for 3 seasons now at least.

I don't blame the bar staff. Bottom line, it's down to lack of commitment, incompetence, indifference, and a failure of supervision and management. More money in the linen tablecloth prawn sarnie brigade.

Believe in Fairies.
:smt006
I don't understand why the 'Prawn sandwich eating brigade' get a hard time, or why such food is regarded as the choice of the privileged only.

Prawns are really cheap these days, especially the ones that have to be small enough to squash between two slices of Ciabatta. Prawns are also a good source of Omega 3 and protein and should be preferred over your average match-day pie in terms of their nutritional value. Lastly, did I say prawns are really cheap? Well they are, eating prawns has got nothing to do with being privileged these days.

Are you jealous because you don't have a linen tablecloth or the means to acquire prawns?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

Are you jealous because you don't have a linen tablecloth or the means to acquire prawns?
Not at all Roly, I'm neither jealous nor am I unable to participate in the prawn sarnie if I want to. Nowithstanding the nutritional value of the prawn or its relative cost (me'thinks you were taking the proverbial by the way. In fact, to let you into a secret, I bring a linen tablecloth with me every game and spreads it across me knees when I eats me pork pie at every game). I can buy as many prawns as I want to, whenever I want to.

The point was metaphorical. The club are more interested in the corporate side of the business than in the rest of us who stand or sit in the "ordinary" seats / terraces. The point in question is the abject failure of this club to sort out its contractor's ability to pull pints, charge the correct price, and provide a customer service that is commensurate with its self image and claim to be one of the country's premier clubs.

As you yourself say '"It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.'

I say, Onwards and Upwards, believe in Fairies.

:smt038
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

So slow again in the Final Whistle pitch side.
Both Mr Tom, Chairman & Mr Simon Cohen, Chief Exec walked through about 15 minutes to kick off and they saw the queue.
I wonder if any improvement will now be made.
(I'm not holding my breath!)
benn

Post by benn »

Arrived early (1.30) yesterday and headed to Final Whistle (car park side). No queues, so not a problem.
Returned again around 2.10pm and wasn't particularly busy but Guinness was pre-poured and tasted flat, asked how long it had been sat there and told 5 minutes (am thinking longer). After half a pint it was undrinkable, head had disappeared and really flat.

i appreciate a lot of us have requested pre-pouring to alleviate the queues, however, could it be half poured and then topped up when actually ordered......?

Just a thought

(also when i asked for a Bitter, i got cider!)
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

I wonder if any improvement will now be made.
(I'm not holding my breath!)[/quote]

Let's put an end to you wondering Tom Tom, no it won't improve, it's been like this for at least three seasons now if not more.

I think Ladbrooke's are offering 90/1 against it improving, I'm thinking of having a few quid, you never know, the Fairies might just work their magic.

Please don't hold your breath, it's injurious to good health.

:smt039
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

To be fair, it was better. There is a queueing system of sorts now, and pre-pouring was happening. Okay, the queueing system didnt make it clear which side was in and which side was out, and they are still hamstrung by the bar staff lacking in the IQ department, but it was a lot quicker.

Though I still understand that some are still trying to refill used glasses and some still haven't got their heads round when to charge a pound for the glass. Still.... progress innit?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It occurred to me that when you go to the theatre you pre-order your interval drinks so that they are ready and waiting for you. They are already paid for and you just go to collect them. Could this method not be employed at Welford Road.

Another idea, thinking pre-match here why not extend the order taking/serving system so it's more Argos like. Whereby you order and pay your drinks, get a numbered ticket and when the order is complete it appears on the screen and you got to a specific line to get the drinks. You could even have the ordering done via a terminal or even a smartphone app.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Good Christ no. Can you IMAGINE that being implemented?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ourla wrote:It occurred to me that when you go to the theatre you pre-order your interval drinks so that they are ready and waiting for you. They are already paid for and you just go to collect them. Could this method not be employed at Welford Road.
Not totally convinced that having my half-time pint poured shortly after kick off will bring about the desired improvement in quality! :smt017
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Iain wrote:Good Christ no. Can you IMAGINE that being implemented?
Yes
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

ourla wrote:
Iain wrote:Good Christ no. Can you IMAGINE that being implemented?
Yes
With the staff Centreplate employ?? Are you some manner of sadist man?
BirstallBrian
Tiger Cub

Post by BirstallBrian »

Oh, now we're talking..... pre-ordered and paid for, numbered tickets, what could go wrong.

Even better, how's about the Club gets into Drones, ale delivered to your seat - not a drop spilled, bound to be an App for that, put your row/seat number in the App, ale arrives bingo, job done. Eat your heart out Prawn Sarnie brigade.

Mind you, there'd be no guarantee that the ale would arrive at the match that you ordered it during....

Last word, I object to the bar staff being slagged off, it ain't their fault - if they can't do the job either they ought not to be there, or they haven't been told / trained / briefed well enough. Simple, it's down to :censored: management. And that starts at the top. Oops, swore.

Believe in young people, they'll be looking after us all when we're all old and smelly. And fairies.

:smt039
sebco
Tiger Cub

Post by sebco »

Does anyone have any thoughts, good or otherwise regarding the deposit system for your beer mugs. I mention it because where we sit in the goldsmiths stand, or whatever they call it now, it would seem that some people think it is acceptable to help themselves to any empties that might be in easy reach. for the second time this season our stack of six empties sat next to my friends ruck sack on his seat tried to vanish while we were saying our goodbye's only this time the culprit was caught red handed as they say. Not as we suspected after the first time a young child collecting what they maybe thought were forgotten mugs but a teenage lad accompanied by a 40 something adult, his father as it turned out which makes it even worse. the lad obviously knew what he was doing only this time wasn't quite quick enough and when apprehended the father started to threaten violence against my friend rather than apologising for the THEFT that his son had just committed. on spotting another of our party's svelte 6'6" frame and coppers feet and hair cut he thought better of it and vanished into the crowd but rest assured my friend your card is marked and if spotted at the next game we will make sure all of your neighbours know to make sure they hang on to their mugs. "watch out there's a thief about" evening all.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Went in to the bar next to the ABC on Sunday (sorry, forget its official title) - no Guinness at the main bar and the only one selling the proper black stuff is a tiny hatch at the end of the bar. Are they trying to franchise Guinness out?! Or was this a one off due to the European Cup and their sponsors taking over the demand at the main bar?