My last post Ever

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

My last post Ever

Post by wellstiger »

I am concerned by many posters( not all ), who call themselves Tiger supporters that seam to endlessly shoot down genuine posters comments with slanted views and open hostility.
Cannot perceive why these posters log in daily to let fly like its the glorious or inglorious 12th. They are destined to visit the Cardiac ward.
Don't call yourselves a fan support should be positive and not negative.
Vote with your feet. Leave if you cannot find positives. I know players and staff follow these posts. How do you think comments reflect?
Open disrespect to the club.

So feel free to blast away as you always do as I shall not be returning to witness the abuse which will follow. :smt039
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND SO DO OTHERS.......
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: My last post Ever

Post by ourla »

wellstiger wrote:I am concerned by many posters( not all ), who call themselves Tiger supporters that seam to endlessly shoot down genuine posters comments with slanted views and open hostility.
Cannot perceive why these posters log in daily to let fly like its the glorious or inglorious 12th. They are destined to visit the Cardiac ward.
Vote with your feet. Leave if you cannot find positives. I know players and staff follow these posts. How do you think comments reflect?

So feel free to blast away as you always do as I shall not be returning to witness the abuse which will follow. :smt039
That is a great flounce. See you in a couple of weeks.

As a general comment. I've not been on a forum yet where there aren't sporadic posts like this one bemoaning the "state of the nation" [the forum in question] What you have to remind yourself is that it's a forum... on the internet... and it's meant to be for amusement and fun... If you're not getting that, you're not doing it right.

Also the forum has moderators... use them... PM anything you feel is against the rules.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

It's a shame when anyone leaves for such reasons. Imho, the only acceptable form of censorship is the right not to listen and you've exercised that right in its totality by leaving.

However, as I've found, you can exercise your right not to listen in a more selective way by using the 'Ignore / Foes' feature. By simply choosing to ignore the posts of two trolls, I've now got a much more pleasurable forum with lots of heated debate from people who can disagree without being disagreeable!

As Ourla says, reporting forum abuse to the Moderators would also be a more helpful option for those of us who choose to remain. :smt039
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

strawclearer wrote:However, as I've found, you can exercise your right not to listen in a more selective way by using the 'Ignore / Foes' feature. By simply choosing to ignore the posts of two trolls, I've now got a much more pleasurable forum with lots of heated debate from people who can disagree without being disagreeable.
Seconded, although I have to say I've only used this feature on other forums. Thus far, on here, I've not felt the need to do that.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Agree in part.
However there is a difference between being a fan and a sycophant.

This is discussion forum for fans and so long as comments are fair, reasoned and not simply offensive why should all comments be positive.
When any side plays well there is always likely to be areas to improve on and conversely when sides play badly there will still be areas where the side will have done well or individuals who do well.
To pretend we were great against Wasps or Sale, or to say we were terrible against Bath would be nonsense.

It's not wrong to discuss the good and the bad.
What's wrong is to only see the good or the bad and to shoot down those who don't share your views in an unreasonable manner.

It's unlikely that any on here will ever get to coach Tigers but being an armchair coach is part of the fun of following your club.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

mol2 wrote:Agree in part.

This is discussion forum for fans and so long as comments are fair, reasoned and not simply offensive why should all comments be positive.
When any side plays well there is always likely to be areas to improve on and conversely when sides play badly there will still be areas where the side will have done well or individuals who do well.
To pretend we were great against Wasps or Sale, or to say we were terrible against Bath would be nonsense.

What's wrong is to only see the good or the bad and to shoot down those who don't share your views in an unreasonable manner.

It's unlikely that any on here will ever get to coach Tigers but being an armchair coach is part of the fun of following your club.
Agreed. Sticks and stones....
Soggypitch
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Soggypitch wrote:
mol2 wrote:Agree in part.

Agreed. Sticks and stones....
Tell that to the bloke who was seriously injured by a falling large print version of the English Dictionary.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I only ever come on here to discuss rugby, and not interested in anything else but there does seem to be some very odd people who seem to have enough time on their hands to come on to wind people up and get up the noses of others.
It is a strange occupation but if they get pleasure from it, get on with it! I prefer to just ignore the idiots... generally the rule of thumb is if the thread has got beyond about 4 pages it is only the lunatics on either side still winding each other up ...steer clear and let them knock themselves out, they deserve each other!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Having been a member of this forum for nearly seven years, I think I can say with some confidence that there isn't a single one amongst you who can afford to claim a moral high ground against any other poster, especially, for example, whilst classifying them as 'idiots' or 'lunatics' based on their opinion (however that may be presented).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Fully support the recommendation to use the ignore option, it has stopped me from quitting the forum which a certain poster was spoiling, they may still be spoiling it for others but at least I don't get to read the bile they post.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Sorry Wellstiger but as a thinking adult with a good brain I find your post offensive. Whenever I find a reason to be positive I'm the first to the forum,
However I would be shirking my duty as a loyal fan since 1975 if I didn't point out areas that need improvement such as our shocking defensive record at the beginning of this season. I never have been and never will be a lemming happily committing suicide over a cliff just because others do.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

wellstiger wrote:I am concerned by many posters( not all ), who call themselves Tiger supporters that seam to endlessly shoot down genuine posters comments with slanted views and open hostility.

:smt043 :smt005 :smt039 :smt005
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I've felt like that a couple of times but hung on (though I guess some like Welshy08 wanted me to sod off). The 'foes' function is great, I have 4 whose posts I don't see and the abuse level has fallen massively.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Noddy555 wrote:Sorry Wellstiger but as a thinking adult with a good brain I find your post offensive. Whenever I find a reason to be positive I'm the first to the forum,
However I would be shirking my duty as a loyal fan since 1975 if I didn't point out areas that need improvement such as our shocking defensive record at the beginning of this season. I never have been and never will be a lemming happily committing suicide over a cliff just because others do.
A little off topic I know, but . . . . . lemmings don't actually commit suicide. This wisdom was created by the BBC who filmed some lemmings migrating and as they made their way along a cliff some of them fell into the sea. This was interpreted as suicide. Actually, it has been shown not to be the case. One of a number of widely held wisdoms that aren't actually true. (The Great Wall of China isn't the only man made structure visible from space.)

I think the forum is a broad church rich in comment and diverse opinion. It does get a bit silly sometimes, but that only serves to make it more entertaining!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Just a minute! I can't believe we are talking about this rather than the rugby!!

Urgh!