Who are the best English 10s?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Super User
Super User

Re: Who are the best English 10s?

Post by 4071 »

mol2 wrote:Personally I just don't buy into the Cipriani hype.
I would liken him to Burns but without age on his side.

At this stage in the world cup cycle Eddie Jones has to be building for the next world cup and as such there has to be an overwhelming reason to pick someone who is unlikely to be at their best then.

Is Cipriani so far ahead of Farrell, Ford or Burns?
The only clear cut thing is that of the 4 of them Cipriani is the only one to have been found wanting at international level.
Cips is outstanding, and still likely to be playing top-flight rugby by the next WC (he'll be 32, I think).

And as for being found wanting, even if you believe that to be true you'd also have to admit that he has also been found far from wanting at international level. He made a fools of Lancaster in the WC warm-ups, for example. Having already shone at FH, Lancaster said that he'd only be considered as a FB (inexplicably). Cips then came off the bench at FB and turned the France game on its head.

He's way ahead of Burns. He's the form English FH (again), and - as ever - the main thing against him appears to be off-field rather than performance-based.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Who are the best English 10s?

Post by rocktop51 »

Perhaps Owen will qualify by residency :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”