Roly wrote:

Oooooo isn't he just a dreamboat....
Actually, Roly, he's the messiah Mk2 :smt044 :smt044
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Matt Toomua

Post by Grimlish »

We have a true 12 who will help us run the game. Along with Owen Williams and Freddie Burns, Ben Youngs, Manu Tuilagi, Peter Betham, then you start to get some tasty combinations in there. We are looking forward to getting them on the field together."
So perhaps Cockers has special insight into the law changes for next season with increased numbers of backs on the field, but I'm struggling with this one. Much as I know there are injuries and internationals and rotation I don't see how this will work! 1 X No 9, 2 X No 10, 3 x No 12/13? Or is it those six and no No 15 or no wingers - what about TV, JPP, or even Tait and Thompstone, and quite few others. A real insight into the pecking order imho.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Grimlish wrote:
We have a true 12 who will help us run the game. Along with Owen Williams and Freddie Burns, Ben Youngs, Manu Tuilagi, Peter Betham, then you start to get some tasty combinations in there. We are looking forward to getting them on the field together."
So perhaps Cockers has special insight into the law changes for next season with increased numbers of backs on the field, but I'm struggling with this one. Much as I know there are injuries and internationals and rotation I don't see how this will work! 1 X No 9, 2 X No 10, 3 x No 12/13? Or is it those six and no No 15 or no wingers - what about TV, JPP, or even Tait and Thompstone, and quite few others. A real insight into the pecking order imho.
I think you'll find he was talking only about 9, 10, 12 and 13 - but you knew that! Actually, if anyone might be upset at being 'left out' of that list, it's Sam Harrison!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

fentiger wrote:
Roly wrote:

Oooooo isn't he just a dreamboat....
Actually, Roly, he's the messiah Mk2 :smt044 :smt044
Look at his left arm! He's injured already!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

The worrying thing there is that obviously the first thing you have to do arriving at a rugby club these days is give your blood group!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

mightymouse wrote:The worrying thing there is that obviously the first thing you have to do arriving at a rugby club these days is give your blood group!
That will be for more than just group type, diet, current physical wellbeing etc as well.