The Moaners and Trolls Holiday Home.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

The Moaners and Trolls Holiday Home.

Post by jgriffin »

As is now usual, the constant whingers have taken over and IMO devalued this forum as an exchange between fans. Some I don't count as fans anyway. I thought the forum was bad a a few years ago - well we're back there again.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BengalTiger

Re: The Moaners and Trolls Holiday Home.

Post by BengalTiger »

+1, it makes losing even worse, knowing how happy the loss will makes some of our 'fans'.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

TBF, I do feel that the long standing "doom mongers" have moderated their views slightly and are prepared to acknowledge that not everything is :censored: e.g. JPP at the mo. However, some of their views are rather outdated. Some keep on mentioning happy clappers. Hardly seen one on the Tigers v Wasps thread and just about anyone who posts on this forum has posted on there.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The problem with social media interaction with fans: Everyone wants their opinion to be the most insightful (or should that be inciteful...)
I thought we were poor today
Yeah? Well I thought we were worse. I thought we were garbage!
That's nothing! I thought we were appalling! A disgrace to the human race!
Me too! And I think we should sack Cockers!
Hear hear! Sack him and fire him into the sun!
Absolutely! And make sure Mauger is on the same capsule!
And so on. Nobody seems to be able to stop at "we weren't very good today, were we?" People like to compete to be the most extreme.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

People write this stuff usually on the same day as the match where emotions are running high. If we waited for a couple of days after the match before posting it would generally be a lot more rational and less extreme.
Happy clappers and doom mongers are just as bad as each other though.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Spicer wrote:People write this stuff usually on the same day as the match where emotions are running high. If we waited for a couple of days after the match before posting it would generally be a lot more rational and less extreme.
Happy clappers and doom mongers are just as bad as each other though.
I know someone in a band called 'White Line'.

They’re very middle of the road.

And boring... :smt015
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I think I watched the game in hope rather than expectation that we would win. Of course, if we are going to challenge for a trophy we should win games such as this and the forthcoming home clash against Bath.

like any slightly malfunctioning article, be it the car, the rugby team or England cricket I've an opinion, and that's all it is, on how to put it right. People will either agree or disagree with what I say and it's that conversation, endorsement or otherwise I seek to gain on here.

It's much the same down the Wilted Daffodil or the One Eyed Turk, but as I'm neither a 'Sprey, nor a Turk, nor a Dragon, nor a Blue conversation beyond "You were poo on Saturday" is difficult to get. Sup my beer and take the flack.

Ignore the extreme and look for conversation. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I met a friend for coffee this morning. He is not a big rugby fan, played it in his youth and at university. He went to the game on Saturday with 3 friends, who are slightly less committed than he is.
They all loved the game, both in content, and as a spectacle. The only area that he was concerned about was the use of TV replays, especially the farce of Bethan's binning.
They will all come again.
Do we, as Tigers fans, expect too much, remembering Wasps are a very good team?
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Bowden Tiger wrote:I met a friend for coffee this morning. He is not a big rugby fan, played it in his youth and at university. He went to the game on Saturday with 3 friends, who are slightly less committed than he is.
They all loved the game, both in content, and as a spectacle. The only area that he was concerned about was the use of TV replays, especially the farce of Bethan's binning.
Interesting point Bowden. When I watched the recording of the game, Monye made a point of saying what an exciting game it was, not something I had particularly appreciated when I was at the ground but in fairness it was better on replay than first hand. Interesting too that the Wasps unoffy mainly thought we had them with ten minutes to go!!
Tell your pal I'm right with him on the mess that was made of Betham's binning.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

jgriffin wrote:As is now usual, the constant whingers have taken over and IMO devalued this forum as an exchange between fans. Some I don't count as fans anyway. I thought the forum was bad a a few years ago - well we're back there again.
Stop moaning you troll!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigercaspian wrote:
Bowden Tiger wrote:I met a friend for coffee this morning. He is not a big rugby fan, played it in his youth and at university. He went to the game on Saturday with 3 friends, who are slightly less committed than he is.
Interesting point Bowden. When I watched the recording of the game, Monye made a point of saying what an exciting game it was, not something I had particularly appreciated when I was at the ground but in fairness it was better on replay than first hand. Interesting too that the Wasps unoffy mainly thought we had them with ten minutes to go!!
Tell your pal I'm right with him on the mess that was made of Betham's binning.
My Stains-in-law watched it and his opinion was we threw a winning game away big-time. He thought they were on the rack with 10 to go, as I did at the time.
GK :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

jgriffin wrote:As is now usual, the constant whingers have taken over and IMO devalued this forum as an exchange between fans. Some I don't count as fans anyway. I thought the forum was bad a a few years ago - well we're back there again.
Ouch! A little pessimistic methinks. I know some of the posts on here are a little extreme at times, but I still think there is a lot of good stuff on here. I still enjoy reading it, and I like many of the various characters that post, even if I don't agree with them always.

As my teenage son likes to say 'Banter!!'

:smt002
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I'm with you JG I find it surprising that some not a great number who are members of the forum have never been to a Tigers match, they are part of the unwashed who spend their lives trolling through internet sites provoking others with their inane and often ill informed comments,
perhaps we can hope that their Pcs, Tablets or whatever will blow up in their faces or at the least they might succumb to repetitive Strain Injury.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Noddy555 wrote:I'm with you JG I find it surprising that some not a great number who are members of the forum have never been to a Tigers match, they are part of the unwashed who spend their lives trolling through internet sites provoking others with their inane and often ill informed comments,
perhaps we can hope that their Pcs, Tablets or whatever will blow up in their faces or at the least they might succumb to repetitive Strain Injury.
Methinks your bigotry makes you surmise too much. You do not know who or how many games each person on the forum has attended. You can not know all their personal hygiene habits. Then to wish injury upon them as well is as bad a posting can be. Tiger beat where are you now! or do you just moderate comments that do not show the club in a favourable light. How many regular posters were at the A league game last night. I was.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Noddy555 wrote:I'm with you JG I find it surprising that some not a great number who are members of the forum have never been to a Tigers match, they are part of the unwashed who spend their lives trolling through internet sites provoking others with their inane and often ill informed comments,
Oh dear there you again Noddy you cannot help yourself, great shame that you choose to post such ignorant, sanctimonius and sweeping generalisations. Indeed, I thought it was beneath you, as after all you are a member of the try line club, god forbid you would never remind us.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity