Kit Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Kit Watch

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Although the the style of the home kit is more traditional this year, the late confirmation of the sponsors spoils it a little, as they are all printed on this year. Last year KooGa were able to produce a fully "subliminated" shirt for the replicas, which is something Canterbury shied away from on their later offerings, and is a far better shirt.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Although the the style of the home kit is more traditional this year, the late confirmation of the sponsors spoils it a little, as they are all printed on this year. Last year KooGa were able to produce a fully "subliminated" shirt for the replicas, which is something Canterbury shied away from on their later offerings, and is a far better shirt.
Such a shame, they've had a month from when the kit was reveiled to being available for purchase and yet are still unable/unwilling to intergate the sponsors, club badge and kit producer within the design. :smt009
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Because the Tigers shop had no classic shirts available last Friday I was unable to see (and feel) what they are like. However, the pictures on the Tigers' website show NO advertising, just Kooga and the Tigers crest.

I'm personally hoping that if the shirt is actually worth buying (and I'm not holding out much hope) that it excludes all advertising - that can be left for the so-called player quality shirts.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Once again it looks like a poor show from Tigers and Kooga....It is incredible how we can never get this right...the quality of Kooga is so far down on Canterbury or the good old cotton traders it is laughable..

Every year it just disappoints me more and this year they seem to have ruined (either with sponsors or poor quality) the holy hoops that we have been wanting for years...

Do none of these people understand either what we want or that they can make money by making decent shirts? :smt017 :smt012
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Ads677 wrote:I'm personally hoping that if the shirt is actually worth buying (and I'm not holding out much hope) that it excludes all advertising - that can be left for the so-called player quality shirts.
I'm not sure you understand how advertising is supposed to work Ads. There's more hope of the shirt making me look good, and slim left town a long time ago.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

It does seem a bit rubbish that they haven't managed to line up the red and white hoops on the sleeves with those on the body. Just makes the thing look cheap and unfinished. I was hoping this was just in the shop photos and would be changed later but it seem the ones the players are using are the same.

And the pricing of the kids shirts are just full price minus VAT!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

What annoys me is that fact that the club and Kooga knew when it was going to be launched, and would have known that demand would be high but there is still insufficient stock around.

I didn't go to the shop on Friday 26th but instead went on Monday - there were no decent adult sizes available, only SML and anything above 4XL.

I think I'll order online but then not available until 6th September.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Interesting that my reply to h's dad hasn't appeared - has it been moderated?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ads677 wrote:Interesting that my reply to h's dad hasn't appeared - has it been moderated?
Not seen any response and not been deleted.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Tigerbeat wrote:
Ads677 wrote:Interesting that my reply to h's dad hasn't appeared - has it been moderated?
I'd just like to know how abusive it was if Ads felt it may have needed moderating.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I was informed in store last Friday that the club are not producing a new European kit? Is that true and what reasons lie behind that decision?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

h's dad wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:
I'd just like to know how abusive it was if Ads felt it may have needed moderating.
It has not been moderated.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Noddy555 wrote:I was informed in store last Friday that the club are not producing a new European kit? Is that true and what reasons lie behind that decision?
If the shop staff told you that in store then it could be assumed to be true......

What reason did they give when you asked them in store?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Tigerbeat wrote:
h's dad wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:<Ads677>Interesting that my reply to h's dad hasn't appeared - has it been moderated?<quote>

It has not been moderated.
I understood this from your previous post TB, but until your clarification Ads felt it was a possibility and I was assuming he had grounds for this, possibly based on the content although I can't conceive what it might be.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

And yet again, when I attempt to reply using the 'quote' option, my post has vanished :smt017

So, to assuage h's dad's concern, all my post attempted to point out was that I do understand advertising (and it is my choice as to whether I buy and wear something with it or not) but the images of the classic shirts on the Shop website only show the Kooga logo and the Tigers crest. If I happened to order one and it then arrived strewn with other company advertising I would not only be miffed, but would have to report it to the ASA or similar!