Late night disturbance

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SIBARITE

Re: Late night disturbance

Post by SIBARITE »

Tigerbeat wrote:
ellis9 wrote:That doesn't answer why you keep mentioning minimum wage staff.
Ellis9, I am guessing that he means that the workers are on low wages when he refers to minimum wage staff.
Good guess but I think the rest of us realise that. :smt015
banchang

Post by banchang »

ellis9 wrote:So if they were paid £15 an hour, for example, you wouldn't have minded Tigers players doing what they did?
What age you are, 15 ? What kind of an infantile argument is that ?

I would never accept what these entitled louts did that night, but especially not to staff who were at the bottom of the pay scale who were just trying to do their already challenging job.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

BengalTiger wrote:My goodness, some on here have a good head for heights, the horses that they are perched on are mighty indeed.
Maybe it is not the incidence itself that propels them but the chance to enlarge it and make it smell a bit in the hope that some damage will attach itself to the DOR, I may be mistaken but the usual culprits are leading the charge so maybe we should all remember, talking sense to idiots with an agenda is a waste of time.
I think it is too easy to dismiss this for those reasons although I do understand where you are coming from.
It may be that the DOR had nothing to do with or any knowledge of this entire instance from start to finish which is a point that has already been raised that no-one has been told anything officially.
That is exactly how this type of thing affects the image of everyone.
For me personally I am a very patient person, but I have a limit and in my own experience often it can be what seems like the smallest of things to others that pushes me to my limit.
This off pitch incident although minor in the bigger context of what can be considered to cause suffering to another person is about a lack of discipline and respect.
It's something I see on the pitch more recently.
In rugby terms the two are very much related IMO.
I also can't be doing with these types of personalities capable of these types of actions putting on a false face and pretending to be friendly around the place just to take their wages home each week.
I'd much rather they were what you see is what you get and take it or leave it, but I guess that doesn't persuade people to pay to place their bottoms on seats to supplement their lifestyles, just my personal opinion.
Yes my standards are high but do I believe that you reap what you sow!
Cheery chappy
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Oh for Pete's sake hasn't this discussion gone on long enough. I suggest that many posters on here have never played the game of rugby and probably were never young. I played in the 60's & 70's and many amateurs of those days did things after a match that they will not be telling their grand children about. I also suggest that many men will keep quiet about things they did in their youth. Young men with beer inside them do daft things, they always have and they always will size of wage packets are irrelevant.
I am upset that the good name of Leicester Tigers and their supporters built up over many visits to Treviso has been sullied. I expect the club to deal with this in house and privately remonstrate with the offenders and impose suitable disciplinary action. That then ends it, there is no need for nine pages of pompous comment from psychiatrists, nutritionists and one eyed Tigers fans.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

johnthegriff wrote:Oh for Pete's sake hasn't this discussion gone on long enough. I suggest that many posters on here have never played the game of rugby and probably were never young. I played in the 60's & 70's and many amateurs of those days did things after a match that they will not be telling their grand children about. I also suggest that many men will keep quiet about things they did in their youth. Young men with beer inside them do daft things, they always have and they always will size of wage packets are irrelevant.
I am upset that the good name of Leicester Tigers and their supporters built up over many visits to Treviso has been sullied. I expect the club to deal with this in house and privately remonstrate with the offenders and impose suitable disciplinary action. That then ends it, there is no need for nine pages of pompous comment from psychiatrists, nutritionists and one eyed Tigers fans.
We don't normally agree on much, but this is spot on. Having one son in the forces, the tales of what they get up to, while remaining the same people patrolling Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq and so on, are far more hair-raising. Totally ridiculous handbags from all concerned.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
banchang

Post by banchang »

johnthegriff wrote:Oh for Pete's sake hasn't this discussion gone on long enough. I suggest that many posters on here have never played the game of rugby and probably were never young. I played in the 60's & 70's and many amateurs of those days did things after a match that they will not be telling their grand children about. I also suggest that many men will keep quiet about things they did in their youth. Young men with beer inside them do daft things, they always have and they always will size of wage packets are irrelevant.
Agree with most of this, with the exception that the amateur game in 60's & 70's is very different to the professional era.

Whether we like it or not, with social media everywhere getting photos & video into the media in seconds (& big kudos/$ to the person who gets the 'money shot'), & especially sponsorship funding the clubs, the responsibilities of players to their clubs & supporters are quite different to the 70s. Anything which might embarrass sponsors & threaten club funding is taboo.

That's the reality.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Anyone trivialising the situation should have a little look at the sponsors Ryan Lochte has lost since Rio.

And Brazil are still considering criminal charges against him. Also look what comes up against his name now when you Google him.

Cockers seems to suggest it was one player, interesting to know who it was.

Cockers has handled it well and shouldn't be the one dishing out the punishment and dealing with the media :censored:. It should be CEO and head of commercials who should be lecturing the players and explaining how crucial sponsors are to the club.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

John - I'm sure you will be present as always on Friday night - be prepared for much burger based humour from the Shed, McDonalds hats at the ready!! :smt003
Soggypitch
kelmat

Post by kelmat »

Soggypitch wrote:
John - I'm sure you will be present as always on Friday night - be prepared for much burger based humour from the Shed, McDonalds hats at the ready!! :smt003

Does anyone know what the feedback from Italy has been? Are the papers over there making much of it? are Treviso fans stating that Tigers players should be hung drawn and quartered?
I think we should all look towards our own times as a youth before having a go at others.

PS If you never got up to any high jinks..... Shame on you.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I will of course be in Gloucester looking forward to the variation of their usual witty banter, eeore and "same old Leicester always cheating" as they rack up the penalties and yellow cards. No doubt we will win with a try by Big Mac Caffrey following a chip by Freddie Burns.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

johnthegriff wrote:I will of course be in Gloucester looking forward to the variation of their usual witty banter, eeore and "same old Leicester always cheating" as they rack up the penalties and yellow cards. No doubt we will win with a try by Big Mac Caffrey following a chip by Freddie Burns.
I bet it's a close game but we steal a win right at the death with a McFlurry of points
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
banchang

Post by banchang »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
johnthegriff wrote:I will of course be in Gloucester looking forward to the variation of their usual witty banter, eeore and "same old Leicester always cheating" as they rack up the penalties and yellow cards. No doubt we will win with a try by Big Mac Caffrey following a chip by Freddie Burns.
I bet it's a close game but we steal a win right at the death with a McFlurry of points
I'm lovin it.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Storm in a tea cup I've been in a MacDonalds in the early hours of the morning both in this country and abroad and the level of service is abysmal with only one or two staff on. No wonder the lads were impatient especially if they had a plane to catch.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Noddy555 wrote:Storm in a tea cup I've been in a MacDonalds in the early hours of the morning both in this country and abroad and the level of service is abysmal with only one or two staff on. No wonder the lads were impatient especially if they had a plane to catch.
Yeah, bang on Noddy! The behaviour of the lads is justifiable due to their impatience over the abysmal level of service, so its all a disgraceful slur. :smt042
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity