"Charlton back down after attempting to gag outspoken fan"

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SIBARITE

"Charlton back down after attempting to gag outspoken fan"

Post by SIBARITE »

An article in the Telegraph on Saturday telling how the Charlton tried to put pressure on a season ticket holder to not post "Derogatory" remarks on social media. Derogatory could be interpreted in any way that the club decided. Thank goodness that Tigers welcome free and open discussion with no censorship (I have been assured of this by a Tigers moderator) :smt018
BeeJ

Re: "Charlton back down after attempting to gag outspoken fa

Post by BeeJ »

Here's the article in the Telegraph.
SIBARITE wrote:Thank goodness that Tigers welcome free and open discussion with no censorship (I have been assured of this by a Tigers moderator)
I can only assume you are referring to a former moderator.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BeeJ wrote:Here's the article in the Telegraph.
SIBARITE wrote:Thank goodness that Tigers welcome free and open discussion with no censorship (I have been assured of this by a Tigers moderator)
:smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

jgriffin wrote:
:smt005

After our neighbours closed their site it shows great magnanimity by Tigers to continue with the forum so that they can, erm.... moderate it. :smt009
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Yes what happened to Rizzo? She was very Forum friendly and also participated in "off subject" matter, keeping a sensible & encouraging background style that provided free speech and not edited if you departed from the official or unofficial sports club management line. Yes I miss Rizzo.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

I think she had too much on her plate on the home front as well as keeping this site in order. I too miss her.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

SIBARITE wrote:An article in the Telegraph on Saturday telling how the Charlton tried to put pressure on a season ticket holder to not post "Derogatory" remarks on social media. Derogatory could be interpreted in any way that the club decided. Thank goodness that Tigers welcome free and open discussion with no censorship (I have been assured of this by a Tigers moderator) :smt018
Not sure why this post has been moved onto this page other than to try and bowdlerise it. This forum lacks credibility. It seems to only allow supplicants free speech and tries to suppress people who do not wish to tow the party (club) line.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Sibarite, I think it may be because it is not strictly Rugby related, so has been moved to the Chit Chat stream.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bowden Tiger is correct....moved as not rugby related.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Tigerbeat wrote:Bowden Tiger is correct....moved as not rugby related.
I know and you know Tigerbeat. The rest of the forum know as well. I am not the first to post on the lack of free speech on this forum so you kid yourself only. A supplicant is a person who asks a god or someone who is in a position of power for something in a humble way. I.E to be a moderator.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

To all, if you have any complaints about the moderation of the forum, please feel free to contact any member of the club to register your complaint. As I have said previously, I am not employed by the club and am not tied to stick to a Club line. I am not on here 24 hours a day and find the time to read most posts in my spare time and when they are getting personal or into slagging other users, appropriate action is taken. All users views are respected even if there is not an agreement.
I do not get any form of recognition or reward for moderating so it is all my own voluntarily time.
All that is asked for is that people respect these views and stick to the rules of the forum.

Thanks

Tigerbeat
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Tigerbeat wrote:To all, if you have any complaints about the moderation of the forum, please feel free to contact any member of the club to register your complaint. As I have said previously, I am not employed by the club and am not tied to stick to a Club line. I am not on here 24 hours a day and find the time to read most posts and when they are getting personal or into slagging other users, appropriate action is taken. All users views are respected even if there is not an agreement.
All that is asked for is that people respect these views and stick to the rules of the forum.

Thanks

Tigerbeat
Then why do so many posts disappear? Do you not liaise with other moderators or are you simply overruled? Just asking.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

SIBARITE wrote:
I know and you know Tigerbeat. The rest of the forum know as well. I am not the first to post on the lack of free speech on this forum so you kid yourself only. A supplicant is a person who asks a god or someone who is in a position of power for something in a humble way. I.E to be a moderator.
Seems a perfectly acceptable level of freedom of speech allowed on this forum IMO.
The mods step in usually when comments go so far off topic that it gets boring and when someone writes something that they should normally expect a smack in the gob for in person!
Cheery chappy
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

The Boy Dave wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:
Seems a perfectly acceptable level of freedom of speech allowed on this forum IMO.
The mods step in usually when comments go so far off topic that it gets boring and when someone writes something that they should normally expect a smack in the gob for in person!
The big boy Dave. Is this an acceptable quote on the forum. Keyboard warrior. :smt024
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Sibarite. I don't believe that there is a problem with free speech on this forum. I have been active on here for some time now, and I think that that it is run pretty well.
If a topic is in the wrong area, then it is correct to move it.
If a post has gone 'off topic' surely it is right to bring it back into line.
If a poster becomes abusive, or personal, then it is right that this is dealt with.

That is why we have moderators. I believe that other clubs have had issues with personal attacks and abuse, and the answer has not been to moderate, as Tigers do, but to close the forum.