An evening with Cockers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: An evening with Cockers

Post by h's dad »

sapajo wrote:Based upon your premise,I am sure you would have no objections for the club to start charging us to use the toilets next after all to date this has been free? After all Tigerbeat has stated why do us supporters expect things to be free?
I would suggest that access to toilet facilities is included in the cost of a ticket, whether it is match day or another event. I support the club's decision on this. Re the event of an evening with Cockers, including complimentary tea and coffee, whether the club's decision is to make it free to all, make what is a fairly nominal charge, or make it free to STH with a charge for others, I support the club's position. I really don't think it is earth shattering whichever way they go and I applaud them for putting the event on.

Perhaps the problem with free tickets is that people book a place and then don't turn up, denying others the opportunity and restricting the reach out of the club and also making putting on the event less cost effective and worthwhile.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I would suggest that some are misunderstanding this event due to the low cost, at only £10 it could suggest that the event is so low key that it could be free, that is wrong IMO.
This event has not been arranged as some previous open information forums for the club to put forward it's point of view when pressure has been placed on the club for answers to questions when the club has had certain problems to tackle.
This event is purely by choice with a small £10 charge to cover the small costs involved such as free complimentary watered down caffine and the organisational aspects of the event, believe it or not tables and chairs don't arrange themselves and they don't clean themselves.
Can you get self cleaning furniture, perhaps they should invest in some, and perhaps some automatic hoovers and maybe some drone security, I expect the cost next time could well be £100 per person! :smt037
Were it a 3 course meal and a proper knees up event then I'd expect the usual £60+ charge due to the increased costs involved and effort required from individuals to entertain the event unless they just get Joe Bloggs along on the cheap and he can tell us all about what he had for breakfast.
Cheery chappy
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:The Club have in this case put on an event and an opportunity to have an evening with Cockers. This has some expense connected with it and it does not seem unreasonable to make a small charge which I previously stated.
The Club do put on events on match days which do not have a cost to the fans.
I do not understand the premise that now the only way a supporter can ever get to ask a question of Cockers or Mage or indeed find out more about the club is to pay for it. Whilst some on this forum think that it is perfectly fine, I think it is indefensible.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

sapajo wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:The Club have in this case put on an event and an opportunity to have an evening with Cockers. This has some expense connected with it and it does not seem unreasonable to make a small charge which I previously stated.
I do not understand the premise that now the only way a supporter can ever get to ask a question of Cockers or Mage or indeed find out more about the club is to pay for it. Whilst some on this forum think that it is perfectly fine, I think it is indefensible.
There are other ways to communicate with officials at LFC plc including Cockers and Mage. You are a customer. If you don't like the beans in the tin you can (but are not obliged to) try a tin with a different label. You could contact the club with your concerns/ideas/proposals and they might consider them and hopefully respond one way or the other. As I said before I would be perfectly happy if the club should decide to give you et al a 'free' ticket.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I have and will continue to express my opinion on this forum which strangely enough is not the same thing as arguing.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

h's dad wrote:
sapajo wrote:
There are other ways to communicate with officials at LFC plc including Cockers and Mage. You are a customer. If you don't like the beans in the tin you can (but are not obliged to) try a tin with a different label. You could contact the club with your concerns/ideas/proposals and they might consider them and hopefully respond one way or the other. As I said before I would be perfectly happy if the club should decide to give you et al a 'free' ticket.
Is it just me or do other people think that there are too many undeclared moderators at work on this forum? The like it or leave it brigade being prime suspects.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Surely it's common sense!
An event is either run to break even, at a profit or at a loss, choose which one you wish it to be and moan accordingly, or not!
Cheery chappy
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

SIBARITE wrote:Is it just me or do other people think that there are too many undeclared moderators at work on this forum? The like it or leave it brigade being prime suspects.
I'm suggesting ways for sapajo to have a better chance of getting what he wants rather than just whinging to no avail. That and stating the blatantly obvious for those who seem unable to recognise it. Hardly moderating.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

h's dad wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:Is it just me or do other people think that there are too many undeclared moderators at work on this forum? The like it or leave it brigade being prime suspects.
I'm suggesting ways for sapajo to have a better chance of getting what he wants rather than just whinging to no avail. That and stating the blatantly obvious for those who seem unable to recognise it. Hardly moderating.
Hook line and sinker.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

h's dad wrote:
sapajo wrote:
Why should Al get a free ticket as well? You have to draw the line somewhere.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

sapajo wrote:I have and will continue to express my opinion on this forum which strangely enough is not the same thing as arguing.
Yes it is... :smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I said this before and it was removed for some very strange reason but if you don't like that the club are charging a very small fee then simply, don't go. Moaning about it won't change it. I also think that some people need to realise that Leicester Tigers, whether you like it or not, are a business so like any good business, will try and make money at as many opportunities as possible. We are not in the 1970's anymore.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ellis9 wrote:I said this before and it was removed for some very strange reason but if you don't like that the club are charging a very small fee then simply, don't go. Moaning about it won't change it. I also think that some people need to realise that Leicester Tigers, whether you like it or not, are a business so like any good business, will try and make money at as many opportunities as possible. We are not in the 1970's anymore.
Don't go, moaning won't change it, whether you like it or not, we are not in the 1970's anymore? What utter codswallop, I don't welcome or need you to tell me what to do thank you very much. Just like you I shall carry on regardless.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Explain to me why what I've said is "codswallop"?

It's a bit contradictory don't you think? You don't agree with having to pay £10 to go but yet you will still go?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ellis9 wrote:I said this before and it was removed for some very strange reason but if you don't like that the club are charging a very small fee then simply, don't go. Moaning about it won't change it. I also think that some people need to realise that Leicester Tigers, whether you like it or not, are a business so like any good business, will try and make money at as many opportunities as possible. We are not in the 1970's anymore.
Ellis9 has just made a statement that is valid and times have moved on. Tigers are a business and will do events either to make a profit or as part of a marketing campaign. Some events will be free and some at a small cost. If you don't like the way they are run, please contact the Club and voice your opinion. The Club are not forcing anyone to attend and it is each persons decision whether to go or not.

Please can we keep this on topic.

Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk