Kit Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kit Watch

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Just seen the kit, after getting all excited I can't believe Kooga are that bad they can even ruin our beloved hoops..

Kits look poorly made and cheap

The Kooga range is quite frankly embarrassing and for a club of our size that would potentially sell the most kits/leisurewear/training etc it is nothing short of a joke

What I would give for a decent quality brand..

Always found these kit launch days so disheartening :smt012 :smt011 :smt009
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

i like the home design better than any of the canterbury home designs.
Red White and Green

Post by Red White and Green »

At last , a decent kit and a return to the more traditional shirt, shorts and socks colour combo. :smt038
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Just seen the kit, after getting all excited I can't believe Kooga are that bad they can even ruin our beloved hoops..

Kits look poorly made and cheap

The Kooga range is quite frankly embarrassing and for a club of our size that would potentially sell the most kits/leisurewear/training etc it is nothing short of a joke

What I would give for a decent quality brand..

Always found these kit launch days so disheartening :smt012 :smt011 :smt009
+1
Have to agree,
currently all the Kooga stash, looks championship quality. Canterbury's stash was quality through and through, although no traditonal hooped design the rest of the range was great, and made me spend money. The Kooga stash unfortunately isn't urgeing me to spend my money.
How long do we have with Kooga?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I do wish tigers updated their Own fashion range
Like Bath heritage stuff is nice, as is Harlequins stuff.

(Mean i like Snapbacks so wished Tigers had some of these http://www.bathrugbyshop.com/fashion/ha ... -snap-back
https://shop.quins.co.uk/accessories/cl ... apback-cap)

also Quins Fashion stuff is so much better than ours
https://shop.quins.co.uk/clothing/mens
https://shop.quins.co.uk/accessories/cl ... es/scarves
https://shop.quins.co.uk/accessories/cl ... ories/hats
compared to
http://store.leicestertigers.com/stores ... rs/fashion

I mean superdry stuff is great but sooo expensive.
But as far as i'm aware this is a Tigers problem rather than Kooga/Canterbury thing.
I agree though Canterbury training stuff was top notch (although Kit design where :censored: bar black euro shirt) i have a couple of Uglies pants and a bobble hat which are top brilliant.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Home kit is fine, away kit........actually not bad but NOT a tigers kit.....I loved the black Euro shirt, would've been a great away kit.
Far too much advertising but that's the modern game. Just hate the orange Stihl patch, really jars. Black and orange Tiger stripes would've been traditional as an away kit.
Oh well another season - till Xmas maybe or even just birthday - in my favourite 2008 strip.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

New kits are ok, there is a lot going on with the home shirt what with the hoops, the advertising and the collar type effect around the neck.
It's quite a clever design though and very modern looking for a hooped shirt, no easy task.
All things considered I think Kooga have done quite a good job on these designs.
I'm sure the players will look the business in them both but a little too much advertising on them for me.
Cheery chappy
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I thought last years home kit was better. The black alternate would be my favourite from over the years. That said it's OK and I'm not a big buyer of stuff so....
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Pity the launch date is so late, but I shall be pre ordering my kit sometime this week for collection on the day we play the double header against Nottingham and Ospreys.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

They both get a :smt023 from me.

Don't really get the post about the yellow one NOT being a tigers shirt, we've had so many different change strips that anything could be a tigers strip.

I'll definitely be buying the home shirt.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I like both kits, however I do agree that the rest of the Kooga range is disappointing to say the least, its not a surprise we got superdry involved as well
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Kits are alright. The return to hoops is welcome though I liked last year's offerings. Away kit is different instead of another black or white offering so that makes sense. Training range is fairly grim which is a shame but doesn't really matter. Fashion range does the job.

As an aside I agree on the SuperDry stuff, those shirts are really nice but a full 20 quid more than a replica first team shirt is pricey.
kitch27

Post by kitch27 »

Half decent effort from Kooga for both kits.

Training and clothing stash still leaves a lot to be desired!
kitch27

Post by kitch27 »

In fact, looking at the 7's today, the kit resembles the Martin Johnson era shirts...Great design from the kooga boys
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Having seen the 7's they don't seem to be form fitting. That said maybe the young sevens still need to grow into them.