If the Met-Rx is to be the Holland & Barrett ...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: If the Met-Rx is to be the Holland & Barrett ...

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Grimlish wrote:
We have already seen several of last seasons major sponsors withdraw
. Who's that Wormus? Genuine question btw.
Looking at the stadium and the sponsors list:

Caterpillar
Goldsmiths
Met-Rx

Possibly taking a greater role as "Official Partners" having come on board during last season:

The Nottingham Building Society
Fischer
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Grimlish wrote:
Well the biggest sponsor to withdraw must be the General Electric GE who were instrumental in the first large screen on the west side, "imagination at work" was splashed across the screen, but also John Lewis, Stub Hub ( yes I realise we do not now use their services) and of course the Mark Group went unfortunately under.
However the number of real sponsors across the bottom of the screen has gone down even with the mighty CAT, Sorry BeeJ nothing to do with the EU referendum.
I note also that Tigers are trying to recruit a new "Corporate Sales Executive" so we must really be looking at the need to increase our income given our development needs. :smt023
:- http://www.leicestertigers.com/club/vacancies.php
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Grimlish wrote:
Looking at the stadium and the sponsors list:

Caterpillar
Goldsmiths
Met-Rx

Possibly taking a greater role as "Official Partners" having come on board during last season:

The Nottingham Building Society
Fischer
The Nottingham Stand??

I can see that going down well :smt044
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Wormus it's you that needs to read posts thoroughly I was arguing that it does need redeveloping where as the other poster said it did not. Granted the Granby Halls site takes priority, but as soon as this is in place I think the club's next focus should be on the redevelopment of the Crumbie and then after that filling in the corners with either new
stands or extending the existing ones that could take ground capacity to over 30,000 and mean that our marketing department would be able to attract more events off season. Such as rock concerts etc.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Noddy555 wrote:Wormus it's you that needs to read posts thoroughly I was arguing that it does need redeveloping where as the other poster said it did not. Granted the Granby Halls site takes priority, but as soon as this is in place I think the club's next focus should be on the redevelopment of the Crumbie and then after that filling in the corners with either new
stands or extending the existing ones that could take ground capacity to over 30,000 and mean that our marketing department would be able to attract more events off season. Such as rock concerts etc.

With the greatest respect Noddy I suggest you re read Tom Weston's posts of 11/7 @ 11:40 & @ 6:44 where you are cast! :smt015 Please take note of experienced posters and Johnthegriff is certainly one who understand development and it's phased costings. Redevelopment could reduce capacity unless it is extended to the rear as plastic seats are wider than the Crumbie benches.
There is no point in filling in the corners if we cannot fill the Stadium with it's present capacity more than 2/3 times per season, the Desso pitch, the new training facility, the Crumbie carpark to generate out of season revenues to are in the queue and our Directors will decide priorities beyond the Granby project.
As for wanting "Rock Concerts" well the last one has taken 3 seasons to put the pitch right so Noddy you stick to going to Glastonbury with your mates for that thrill as money can be generated better elsewhere at Tigers.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

To be fair, concert usage is something we should be using to our advantage.

We have the licence for it, we should be using it more as a revenue stream and to raise the profile of the club.

We should not be put off by the fact that the cowboy promoters made an absolute pig's ear of the Leicester Music Festival. This is NOT the norm. The Ricoh have gigs all the time yet their pitch is fine. See also Wembley and Twickenham, or Sunderland, or Manchester City.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

With regards to concerts and the state of the pitch - the stage was in a part of the pitch where it gets very little sunlight which would was not good for its regrowth.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Not to mention Kasabian at the King Power. This is another advantage of having a new, more durable hybrid pitch.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Wormus/Hot Charlie

Of Hot Charlie's list Caterpillar has been known since last October and is presumably replaced by H&B, which also accounts for MetRx as both brands are co-owned by NBTY, a subsidiary of The Carlyle Group.

I see too that Goldsmiths are no longer listed by the club among their sponsors. Presumably the 3 year deal announced in September 2013 (an extension of a previous deal) is coming to an end. But as that deal was only announced in the September my guess is we wont know the identity of any replacement (or a further extension, as I can see no reference to their having ended their sponsorship?) until the coming September, or possibly when the new shirt is announced. If there is none then I'd agree that starts to look more worrying, but just now we are likely to be in no different a position than we were when the Alliance and Leicester sponsorship of the East Stand was ending and before that.....

As for GE, wasnt that latterly mostly to do with the 'Big Screens', and as such pretty much a one off? They didnt have 'naming rights' to the screens and these sorts of deals will have been for far less than either stand or shirt sponsorship.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I have every confidence that with a brand of Tiger's eminence those who are responsible for marketing will have replaced withdrawing sponsors with equally prestigious names and there will be no overall financial loss to Tigers. Who knows may even be an increase in revenue? That would really be an achievement.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

When the Holland & Barrett announcement was made, I recall the club said that there were a large number of potential sponsors, all very keen.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

So the Goldsmiths is now he Mattioli Woods Stand...

...doesn't quite roll off the tongue. I see they are going to feature on the kit as well. I hope we avoid becoming a walking billboard like Glaws and the Chiefs, and certainly avoid any writing on the posterior regions.
maire88
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maire88 »

I went into the ticket office today to buy my tickets for the Ospreys/Nottingham game, the Wasps game and the Harlequins game and it seems that as of today (or it might have been yesterday) the stand that I still call the Alliance and Leicester stand is now called the Mattioli and Woods stand.
Formerly hww27
Proud to have been the Tom Youngs Fan Club since 2010
Rhinos rule :smt002 :smt050
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

At the moment the Pitch looks like the Sahara desert - hope the transformation to a green oasis will go to plan .
Very pleasantly surprised that one-off ticket prices for next Season seem much lower - bought an additional Student ticket in Block L of the Crumbie for the Wasps Game for £20 - last year I was paying £26 or £28 for the same seat .Seems that with the early bird offering as well, the Club is making a concerted effort to fill the Ground. Excellent !
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Shamelessly copied from the Unoffy, we present the Robin Hood Stand:-

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/250 ... 6CWu4MrLow

Is it April 1st ??

Also, how can you 'drive a programme' ? 'Deliver', 'support' I can understand. Good of them to do it though