Dean Ryan

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Dean Ryan

Post by fentiger »

Widely reported and Tweeted by Fissler that he has left Worcester!
Tigerbeat

Re: Dean Ryan

Post by Tigerbeat »

From Twitter:

I believe Dean Ryan has left Worcester Warriors am trying to confirm but players called in for a meeting tomorrow.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Worcester News reporting 'speculation' that he's moving to the Rec.

http://tinyurl.com/jaur68f
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
PaleoTiger

Post by PaleoTiger »

Was rumoured last week, but board gave DR more money and Eastmond wanting out of Bath has started again too. Bath sound in a mess, poor form if they've poached though.

I wonder if Tigers can nip in and steal Bryce Heem from Wuss in all the confusion!! :smt002
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

If that's the case,poor indeed from Bath and not much better from Ryan.
Poor old Wuss......everyone feeds off them.
PaleoTiger

Post by PaleoTiger »

DR departure confirmed on BBC, predicted to be Bath.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36671679
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Is there a bookie giving any sort of odds on the welcome DR will have when he takes Bath to play Glaws?????
Hehehehehehehehe
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

trendylfj wrote:Is there a bookie giving any sort of odds on the welcome DR will have when he takes Bath to play Glaws?????
I wonder just how much Worcester travails last season were attributable to Ryan. Talk about Glaws, that was one team that failed to achieve under his tenure. He talks a good talk does Dean, which makes for decent punditry, but I wonder just to what level he is capable of taking a team - I seriously wouldn't have thought that his coaching style would translate well at Bath.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Ryan Lamb on the move next?
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Roly wrote:
trendylfj wrote:Is there a bookie giving any sort of odds on the welcome DR will have when he takes Bath to play Glaws?????
I wonder just how much Worcester travails last season were attributable to Ryan. Talk about Glaws, that was one team that failed to achieve under his tenure. He talks a good talk does Dean, which makes for decent punditry, but I wonder just to what level he is capable of taking a team - I seriously wouldn't have thought that his coaching style would translate well at Bath.
I'm with you here Roly. I'm surprised. That doesn't seem like a good fit at all. A really strange appointment if he's going to Bath.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Amongst various rumours flying around, one of the rumours I've seen is that Dean Ryan wasn't happy about having a plastic pitch. If that is the reason, then fair play to him.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Wuss Unoffy quotes Ryan as saying he "......no longer wanted to be DoR at a Premiership Club".........plastic pitch mentioned by some on there also
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

I have always thought that Ryan punched above his weight. May be totally irrelevant but my mind goes back to when he played for Wasps. The team was warming up at the club house end when there was the white picket fence and a young lad of about 8 asked him " excuse me Mr Ryan but could I have your autograph please' He looked at the lad, so he had heard him, and turned and walked away. The boy looked amazed, so had Rob Andrew who came up to him and signed his book. RA may not be the perfect administrator but he was polite.

I know I have gone on a tangent but it shows to me at least that he's a waste of space.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

Apparently the row was over money, there was a Warriors press release last week to say Ryan would have "a top six budget" (whatever that is) which would then go up 25% next season. He has apparently assured the Warriors board he isn't going to another Premiership club.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Eye on the Roy Hodgson job looking after Rooney and Co.????????

If going to Barf !!!! Surely a similar size job :smt005