Brexit fallout for rugby

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Brexit fallout for rugby

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:This topic will be moved to Chit Chat if it is not kept to being rugby related - how leaving the EU will affect the game / clubs in the UK.
Please can you move this topic as it's clearly evident your request has not been complied with. Thank you .
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Noddy555 wrote:Dickyp if you want to see someone with misguided views regarding Brexit then I suggest you look in your mirror, I feel totally disgusted with my generation as I approach my 70th Birthday next January. We always were misguidedly the me generation and sod anyone else in the 1960's and we are still that today. But one thing I promise you dicky if Scotland leaves the union and stays within the EU then I'm off to live in Scotland. I know it will be a long commute to Welford road every 2 weeks but several of my friends make even longer journeys than that.
As I said previously - not the forum for this argument. My last comment.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="sapajo"][quote="Tigerbeat"]This topic will be moved to Chit Chat if it is not kept to being rugby related - how leaving the EU will affect the game / clubs in the UK.[/quote]

Please can you move this topic as it's clearly evident your request has not been complied with. Thank you .[/quote]

Clearly evident? Granted, my comment about Bath/ James Dyson was 'tongue in cheek'. However, my comment about Sarries is entirely relevant and rugby related.
Given that their major funding comes from a SA consortium - the value of the £ against the Rand is important, especially as they have a reported high level of debt.
But hey, no worries - strange times these....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Good work fellas. The rest of us were working hard to keep this to rugby.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Iain then you should have kept your comments related to rugby and not brought any other topic to the table.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:Iain then you should have kept your comments related to rugby and not brought any other topic to the table.
Erm... YOU did that!?

I spoke only of rugby and tried to steer any conversation on Brexit away from an ill-advised debate on this forum.

I have very strong views on the implications of last week's referendum on this country that I would be happy to discuss. This probably isn't the right platform for it though.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Sticking to the actual theme of the thread there are a number of scenarios:

1. Any future employment legislation will be broadly similar to the current in the long run and there will be little actual change.

2. Or all the current exceptions which make overseas quotas virtually meaningless will no longer apply and league/RFU will be able to implement an enforceable limit. This would surely be a 'good' thing as otherwise why do we have a limit at present however useless it may be?

3. Some bodge which a satisfies no-one halfway between the current free for all and a coherent system which changes in employment legislation might enable.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

[This should get the thread moved...]

Question: How many rugby-playing Brexiteers does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: I never made promises about light bulbs. If others made commitments about light bulbs, it was a mistake on their part. Saracens pay no more for light bulbs than anyone else - we source them from outside the Single Market.

Baie dankie. [Ek sal my jas kry!] :smt006
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I think that we should be looking to have some sort of restriction on match day squads, in that there should be a minimum of English registered players.
With Brexit happening, should we be taking the opportunity to help develop our young players. Too often players are brought in who have little positive benefit to the English game, to the exclusion of our developing players!