It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

It's not Fords fault . . .seems it was!! Now leaving!!!

Post by fleabane »

Ford: "Clearly we have got to look at the coaching structure and to freshen things up."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... p-after-d/

Also a few words from Cockers:

"There’s a party atmosphere around this place today and I am not sure you would get that at Welford Road if we were sat in ninth,” Cockerill said. “I might be in deep trouble if we finished ninth. I was in deep trouble when we finished third."
Valhalla I am coming!
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: It's not Fords fault . . .

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Great comment by Cockers :smt003
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

fleabane wrote:Ford: "Clearly we have got to look at the coaching structure and to freshen things up."

"There’s a party atmosphere around this place today and I am not sure you would get that at Welford Road if we were sat in ninth,” Cockerill said. “I might be in deep trouble if we finished ninth. I was in deep trouble when we finished third."
That the difference between a good club and a great one. To be a great club everyone has to feel the pain when things go wrong and not spend time wearing 'rose-tinted' glasses.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Must admit I read Cockers' comments with some relish & pride............Well done, RC.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

TigerCam wrote:
fleabane wrote:Ford: "Clearly we have got to look at the coaching structure and to freshen things up."

That the difference between a good club and a great one. To be a great club everyone has to feel the pain when things go wrong and not spend time wearing 'rose-tinted' glasses.
Its been a long season for Bath and perhaps their supporters were justified in celebrating a 3rd win in 4 matches v Tigers and ending their season on a high. There was a pretty good atmosphere at The Stoop by all accounts and Exeter had just put 62 points on them....

To be honest, it sounds like an unnecessary dig at Bath, who've bested Tigers recently and won a game here that Tigers could've easily have taken. Don't get me wrong, if I was a Bath supporter, I'd be fizzing, but there's no law against going out with a bang....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
darganj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by darganj »

Let's hope Leicester beat Sarries, as another semi final hammering and Cockerill is going to look like a muppet.

The only reason he isn't in deep trouble this year is because the board gave him a cheque book to cover for his inadequacies and "Get Mauger".

Our pack has been poor this year. He is in no place to be smug.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

darganj wrote:

Let's hope Leicester beat Sarries, as another semi final hammering and Cockerill is going to look like a muppet.

The only reason he isn't in deep trouble this year is because the board gave him a cheque book to cover for his inadequacies and "Get Mauger".

When in glass houses...
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

darganj wrote:

I don't think he was being smug, but it was a pretty childish swipe at a team that despite its league position has outplayed Tigers for two seasons now, funnily enough, manshaming them in the semis last year...
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Outplayed for two seasons? Show your working.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

So does this mean Cockers is even bigger trouble this year as we finished 4th?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I remember after Saints won the Prem Cockers pointed out the difficulty of doing that again. And sure enough Saints have been on the slide ever since. We had Quins before them and then Bath last year, who didn't even managed to get the win. I agree with him that Tigers getting to the play offs 12 seasons on the bounce is a fantastic and in some quarters overlooked achievement. Wasps were with us for a spell and Saracens have been with us in recent times but nobody has been has consistently good for as long as us. We're not satisfied though and rightfully so.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

We sent out a side that was relatively weak and lost a game that counted for nothing. I doubt much can be inferred from that other than our development players are not far off Bath's first string who have been together for much of the season.

If I were Mike Ford I would worry for my job. Sure he's missed a few England players but even with them they have not looked the part. He signs them and decides who plays and the tactics and they have finished 9th.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hatley was their forwards coach, looks like they have offloaded him to England, ummm! :smt009
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Who started this thread that gave our resident MiseryMongers another chance to exude anti-Cockers gloop? Fleabane :smt018
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

It's quite amusing all round and made me laugh.
Pretty good comment from Cockerill to be fair, I wonder if it was in the moment or if it had any prior thought, either way a good one! :smt042
Cheery chappy