2016 - 2017 kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

2016 - 2017 kit

Post by L Smith »

Wonder if we'll get a view of the new kit at the end of the season?
Interested to see how the new sponsor logo will look :smt024
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: 2016 - 2017 kit

Post by Iain »

In previous years we've worn the new kit in the last couple of games but it seems that convention ended a couple of years ago. The last Canterbury kit was launched on the open day to fans queueing up to meet the players kitted up in the dressing room (thought that was a brilliant way of launching it!) while this season's monstrosity was launched in July I think.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I think/pray/hope this year will finally be the year we get an old school striped kit...The sales of this years kit being so bad will surely push this but maybe that logic is beyond the kit people :smt017
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Please can we get back to a more traditional kit with more red in it. After all aren't we supposed to be the Red, White and greens and why can't we have a big picture of a Tiger on the front of it whilst still making room for the sponsor's logo. Just Imagine Mulli or Manu running at a nervous young back whose eyes are filled by the sight of a marauding Tiger. Makes we want to quake just thinking about it.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Noddy555 wrote:Please can we get back to a more traditional kit with more red in it. After all aren't we supposed to be the Red, White and greens and why can't we have a big picture of a Tiger on the front of it whilst still making room for the sponsor's logo. Just Imagine Mulli or Manu running at a nervous young back whose eyes are filled by the sight of a marauding Tiger. Makes we want to quake just thinking about it.
On that basis, should we also have shorts with tails printed on them?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noddy555 wrote:Please can we get back to a more traditional kit with more red in it. After all aren't we supposed to be the Red, White and greens and why can't we have a big picture of a Tiger on the front of it whilst still making room for the sponsor's logo. Just Imagine Mulli or Manu running at a nervous young back whose eyes are filled by the sight of a marauding Tiger. Makes we want to quake just thinking about it.
Don't you mean filled by the sight of a knock-on?

:smt002
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
samsapples

Post by samsapples »

Messed around with arty farty designs for years now. A nice simple kit like the 13/14 one we wore when we last won the final or similar to the cotton trader days would be nice
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigers Tiger »

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

2011/12 season was the last shirt I really liked.

How hard is it to make a home shirt that is traditional.

Save all the :censored: stuff for the away and Euro shirt people won't mind.

Mind I'm amazed we haven't had an away kit that was Brown with Orange strips.
insearchofheros

Post by insearchofheros »

Cant agree more, I was going on about this last season, but from what I am told again by a very good source, we are going to be annoyed yet again as the new design is not back to the traditional shirt although its more basic. Take out of that what you will!
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Cheery chappy
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

Could someone please tinyurl the links on Tigers Tiger's post and the reply from Insearchofheroes?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Raging I fully concur with that the 2011/12 season shirts, all three in fact the Home kit, the away kit and the black European kit were the best ever. My next door neighbour still has her eyes firmly fixed on my white away jersey from that season, so I don't hang it out to dry any more.
samsapples

Post by samsapples »

insearchofheros wrote:
Cant agree more, I was going on about this last season, but from what I am told again by a very good source, we are going to be annoyed yet again as the new design is not back to the traditional shirt although its more basic. Take out of that what you will!
Care to spill anymore than that?
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I just don't understand why they don't go back to a more traditional design. The fans are the people who buy shirts and they are clearly not buying the new fancy designs. So go back to a traditional design and see if that sells. Not keep trying different versions of things that people aren't buying!!

I've said it before, play with away shirts but keep the home shirt traditional!