Racing Metro Paris at Nottingham

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Racing Metro Paris at Nottingham

Post by ourla »

G.K wrote:Message from the club is that first allocation of tickets all sold out. Do we still expect this not to be a sell out now it's agreed the capacity at the City ground is 30.5k?
It won't sell out because Racing won't use much of their allocation and the general sale through Ticketmaster, Forest, etc. won't sell out. It would be great if it did though. Getting the same as our new ground capacity would be an achievement.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I see Nigel Owens has been appointed to ref that match I'm happy with that as he is an excellent communicator and always allows the game to flow.
DavidCO

Post by DavidCO »

People in France think the game is done. They say that Owens will advantage Leicester.
I'm excited to see the game. Racing is strongest than us but they could be tired if we deploy speed.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

DavidCO wrote:People in France think the game is done. They say that Owens will advantage Leicester.
They don't have to turn up if they don't want to..

:smt030 :smt002 :smt003
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

DavidCO wrote:They say that Owens will advantage Leicester.
Nigel Owens favour an English club? I guess some of our porcine friends are bound to sprout wings sometime.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Just to put it into context, my neighbour considers all English Referees as biased against the French, and he makes no distinction between English, Welsh, Irish or Scottish - as far as he is concerned, if they speak English, they are English, and by definition, biased. This worldly view was taught to him by his Father - I could not say whether it is a view held by the French in general. But I would guess it probably is.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Phil B wrote:Just to put it into context, my neighbour considers all English Referees as biased against the French, and he makes no distinction between English, Welsh, Irish or Scottish - as far as he is concerned, if they speak English, they are English, and by definition, biased. This worldly view was taught to him by his Father - I could not say whether it is a view held by the French in general. But I would guess it probably is.
I would be certain it is. Hopefully Nigel will reinforce that view. :smt003
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
DavidCO

Post by DavidCO »

Phil B wrote:Just to put it into context, my neighbour considers all English Referees as biased against the French, and he makes no distinction between English, Welsh, Irish or Scottish - as far as he is concerned, if they speak English, they are English, and by definition, biased. This worldly view was taught to him by his Father - I could not say whether it is a view held by the French in general. But I would guess it probably is.
I agree, this is not general,but many French people think this way. I confirm the fact that speaking English makes you English. But this is the same with French referee. Every week, each team complains against referees. You know, top14 is resumed to rucks and scandals (usually against ref of from Toulon's president).

Fortunatly, there is still some rugby lovers who are more "normal". They are afraid of the level of English teams (regarding Wasps/Exeter or Leicester/Stade Français). Racing play only with its power, with its first row. And at this time we don't really know how Carter could change the strategy of the team. I think the key of the game will be speed, creating spaces and trying to play with hands.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Would I be right in thinking that the Racing team (& how they play) today will be of no consequence in terms of their selection next week?
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Stu_F wrote:Would I be right in thinking that the Racing team (& how they play) today will be of no consequence in terms of their selection next week?
Difficult to say as their league season is also coming to the sharp end, and finishing in the top 2 in France means having to play one less game
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stu_F wrote:Would I be right in thinking that the Racing team (& how they play) today will be of no consequence in terms of their selection next week?
Looking at Racing team yep pretty much.

Carter injury might still be a worry even if they play it cool about it.
DavidCO

Post by DavidCO »

this is not their best team today against Toulouse. They want to preserve players for the semi final (like Carter). There is 5 young unknown players. They have a good place in top14, they could play without limits the european cup. That's the official reason of the venue of Carter : being able to make the difference during important games.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Although Carter might be injured, from what I gather.
DavidCO

Post by DavidCO »

at this time they say this is nothing. They didn't put him on the field today, just to let him recover. this is the official version. But you're right he is maybe more injured that we think and he can be touched again.

Even if the other 10 could kick, they are not very good in the game.

Machenaud (9) and Dulin (15) don't play today too. I'm more afraid of Dulin then Carter! Dulin is very good in the air and could create many spaces. He makes me think to players as Foden, Kirney. I looked to the last minutes of the game against Toulouse today, and Racing is totally not the same team without its superstars!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

The back row selection is for this game is going to be interesting, with Fitzgerald, Mcaffery, Croft, O'Connor and Fonua all in good form and fighting out for 4 places in the 23, who gets left out?