Glaws v Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Glaws v Chiefs

Post by L Smith »

Highlights so far have come from the commentary box.
Oz: "That's one of the most annoying things in the world" (said one of the most annoying things in the world).

And Dayglo, saying, "The ref did well, there" (in allowing Chiefs' defensive line to all be offside). Muppet.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Glaws v Chiefs

Post by ourla »

MMMmmm... Exeter looking like losing and have to play Wasps at home and Quins away. Catchable perhaps?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Yes I was thinking the same. 2 losses are possible but that would mean Wasps beating them so would expect Wasps would then be 2nd. If we do catch/get ahead of Exeter then I think we would be 3rd with Wasps 2nd and Exeter 4th.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ellis9 wrote:Yes I was thinking the same. 2 losses are possible but that would mean Wasps beating them so would expect Wasps would then be 2nd. If we do catch/get ahead of Exeter then I think we would be 3rd with Wasps 2nd and Exeter 4th.
Just thinking we might be able to sneak 3rd. I think we'd rather go to the Ricoh than Allianz. Let's get tomorrow done first! We're not even in guaranteed fourth yet!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

We would have a better shot going to Wasps than Sarries. A Bonus point win for Wasps tomorrow and if we could match them it would certainly put the pressure on them, should be an exciting end to the season :smt023
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If we can get the win tomorrow big big big big IF.

I would like to think we could get 5 v Worcs and 4 v Bath.

If Exeter was to get 1 point v Wasps and 1 point v Quins would put it at

2nd Wasps 71+
3rd Tigers 68
4th Exeter 67

Tomorrow is massive really.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

ourla wrote:MMMmmm... Exeter looking like losing and have to play Wasps at home and Quins away. Catchable perhaps?
One game at a time. Stains, Racing, Worcs, Barf: not an easy run in. However, Chiefs are looking tired and, dare I say it, lacking in confidence?
On tonight's performance, in isolation, TTTE, Salvi and Parling would struggle to make our 23.
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

During last night's match, I heard the commentator twice apologise for "any bad language you may have just heard". Neither milday nor myself heard anything - did any of you?

If the TV companies don't want us to hear such language, then the ref's mike shouldn't be live all the time. With thirty bags of testosterone running round the field trying to knock seven shades out of each other, there's bound to be some effing and blinding.
Gramps

Post by Gramps »

Beejay I did pick up the odd thing. Apparently it is something the TVs companies are obliged to do if there is any foul language, I have heard commentators in other sports apologise before.
Don't think it's just the refs mic either often mics on the touch line catch stuff too
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

Surely it's not beyond the realms of feasibility to turn all the mics down or, before the match starts, make a blanket announcement that the following may contain some strong language. The latter seems acceptable for other TV programmes so why not do it for sports programmes?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

BeeJay wrote:During last night's match, I heard the commentator twice apologise for "any bad language you may have just heard". Neither milday nor myself heard anything - did any of you?

If the TV companies don't want us to hear such language, then the ref's mike shouldn't be live all the time. With thirty bags of testosterone running round the field trying to knock seven shades out of each other, there's bound to be some effing and blinding.
Yep. the 'F' word was broadcast on several occasions. The last one being from Glaws ' Lets kill this :censored: game off now'. They (BT) could put a delay on the feed as some radio shows do but hey-ho the apology does suffice? I suppose as long as it (language) is not derogatory or racist in any way it is OK?Otherwise the WRU may wish to hit the offender(s) with a £20,000 (PC) fine?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

TigerCam wrote:
BeeJay wrote:During last night's match, I heard the commentator twice apologise for "any bad language you may have just heard". Neither milday nor myself heard anything - did any of you?

Yep. the 'F' word was broadcast on several occasions. The last one being from Glaws ' Lets kill this :censored: game off now'. They (BT) could put a delay on the feed as some radio shows do but hey-ho the apology does suffice? I suppose as long as it (language) is not derogatory or racist in any way it is OK?Otherwise the WRU may wish to hit the offender(s) with a £20,000 (PC) fine?
I think PRL need to step in immediately or we risk the new head of World Rugby, Mary Whitehouse, getting involved.