Tigers' Attendances

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers' Attendances

Post by Isambard »

A few days before the match there were very few tickets for sale in most areas of the ground with limited availability signs or nearly sold out on the website.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

And what will attendence at Forest be with City playing at home at the same time (near enough)?
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

TV reported 26000 sell out !
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

rocktop51 wrote:TV reported 26000 sell out !
Since the capacity of the City Ground is 30,445, then that seems unlikely dunnit?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Roly wrote:
Since the capacity of the City Ground is 30,445, then that seems unlikely dunnit?
rocktop51 is talking about Welford Road last Saturday, not the previous post.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

DickyP wrote:
Roly wrote:
rocktop51 is talking about Welford Road last Saturday, not the previous post.
Ah.... not clear, but yes. Anyway, I thought the TV had said it was just over 24 000, not 26 000. It looked pretty full to me.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
sebco
Tiger Cub

Post by sebco »

i see all the £60 and £45 tickets have sold out in just over 24hrs now i don't know what our allocation would be but that doesn't look like its going to be a poor turn out to me>
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

McCall, Saracens' DOR is reported in today's "Times" as claiming that his team "deserved more" than the 8,050 fans they had last weekend. They have had only two sellouts of their 10,000 capacity ground this season.
"It was a disappointment for the playing group that the ground wasn't full. They deserve more"

All the fake hoo-ha around matches in Twickenham, Wembley or New York cannot disguise the fact that Saracens cannot command a support base. McCall can stamp his foot all he likes and demand people come to pay homage but it seems that he can only buy false praise by giving away free tickets. Not, thank goodness, a problem Tigers have ever had.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

sebco wrote:i see all the £60 and £45 tickets have sold out in just over 24hrs now i don't know what our allocation would be but that doesn't look like its going to be a poor turn out to me>
Think our initial allocation was 10,000. Took me a 25 minute hanging on the line all of our operators are very busy phone call this morning to get mine.
Racing bring 2000? General interest 8000?
20000 crowd??
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Don't forget the Corporates, I don't think either club got any tickets for the Main Stand, suspect they are all corporates.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Think you're right as tickets were only for the Brian Clough stand or behind the goals , so could be another 5000/10000, so could be a sell out??